U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-31-2011, 04:52 PM
 
6,140 posts, read 12,536,051 times
Reputation: 8548

Advertisements

Thanks for the happy update!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-31-2011, 09:00 PM
 
3,593 posts, read 10,642,038 times
Reputation: 5197
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
just a quick update.... yesterday was 3 weeks since I found her, so I have made an appointment with Bailey and Dave's vet for Friday to have her checked out, hw tested, vaccinated and chipped.....

she has a tiny bit of a cough when she drinks water sometimes, so i am a little paranoid about the hw testing.... cross your paws for us!!

i bought a 50' training lead so she can run more with dave when we are at the river in the mornings.... also gives me the opportunity to work on her recall when she is outside with all those fun smells and other distractions and i am happy to report, she is doing splendidly....

she and dave have turned almost completely into a mutt and jeff team.... he is very gentle playing with her and they are a HOOT to watch.... she sits on the sofa and dave sits on the floor and they head wrestle.... although her head would fit ENTIRELY into dave's mouth, it doesn't seem to bother her.... tug-o-war is another favorite game, as is tuck-butt-zoomies through the house and yard....... also, i finally now have a dog that likes to chase and retrieve balls and other toys..... she even has Bailey joining in the fun and games.... ....

she is helping dave be braver on his walks.... although she takes probably 4 steps to each of his one, they are elbow to shoulder for nearly the entire walk.... and i can see a new confidence growing in him....

she and charlie are still at the sniffing noses through the baby gate stage, but it seems she respects charlie and i don't think there will be major issues when charlie starts hanging out more regularly in the rest of the house again.....
Congrats on the new baby! I don't know if she is specifically beagle but I do see hound in her. As to the number of animals....why stop at 3? Four is such a nice round number.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2011, 04:50 AM
 
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
9,352 posts, read 16,768,849 times
Reputation: 11458
I have 4 .... 3 canine, 1 feline.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2011, 05:21 AM
 
Location: Montreal -> CT -> MA -> Montreal -> Ottawa
16,647 posts, read 26,615,464 times
Reputation: 26590
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
just a quick update.... yesterday was 3 weeks since I found her, so I have made an appointment with Bailey and Dave's vet for Friday to have her checked out, hw tested, vaccinated and chipped.....

she has a tiny bit of a cough when she drinks water sometimes, so i am a little paranoid about the hw testing.... cross your paws for us!!

i bought a 50' training lead so she can run more with dave when we are at the river in the mornings.... also gives me the opportunity to work on her recall when she is outside with all those fun smells and other distractions and i am happy to report, she is doing splendidly....

she and dave have turned almost completely into a mutt and jeff team.... he is very gentle playing with her and they are a HOOT to watch.... she sits on the sofa and dave sits on the floor and they head wrestle.... although her head would fit ENTIRELY into dave's mouth, it doesn't seem to bother her.... tug-o-war is another favorite game, as is tuck-butt-zoomies through the house and yard....... also, i finally now have a dog that likes to chase and retrieve balls and other toys..... she even has Bailey joining in the fun and games.... ....

she is helping dave be braver on his walks.... although she takes probably 4 steps to each of his one, they are elbow to shoulder for nearly the entire walk.... and i can see a new confidence growing in him....

she and charlie are still at the sniffing noses through the baby gate stage, but it seems she respects charlie and i don't think there will be major issues when charlie starts hanging out more regularly in the rest of the house again.....
I love every word of this post!!!!

Paws are crossed for the hw test and the cough. It's gonna be nothing. Roxie's a tough cookie!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2011, 08:25 AM
 
24,843 posts, read 32,294,958 times
Reputation: 11447
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
just a quick update.... yesterday was 3 weeks since I found her, so I have made an appointment with Bailey and Dave's vet for Friday to have her checked out, hw tested, vaccinated and chipped.....

she has a tiny bit of a cough when she drinks water sometimes, so i am a little paranoid about the hw testing.... cross your paws for us!!

i bought a 50' training lead so she can run more with dave when we are at the river in the mornings.... also gives me the opportunity to work on her recall when she is outside with all those fun smells and other distractions and i am happy to report, she is doing splendidly....

she and dave have turned almost completely into a mutt and jeff team.... he is very gentle playing with her and they are a HOOT to watch.... she sits on the sofa and dave sits on the floor and they head wrestle.... although her head would fit ENTIRELY into dave's mouth, it doesn't seem to bother her.... tug-o-war is another favorite game, as is tuck-butt-zoomies through the house and yard....... also, i finally now have a dog that likes to chase and retrieve balls and other toys..... she even has Bailey joining in the fun and games.... ....

she is helping dave be braver on his walks.... although she takes probably 4 steps to each of his one, they are elbow to shoulder for nearly the entire walk.... and i can see a new confidence growing in him....

she and charlie are still at the sniffing noses through the baby gate stage, but it seems she respects charlie and i don't think there will be major issues when charlie starts hanging out more regularly in the rest of the house again.....
Bless you!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2011, 09:52 AM
 
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
9,352 posts, read 16,768,849 times
Reputation: 11458
note to self: pink collar and harness is NOT a good combination for a girl that LOVES to run and play in the yard and along the river beach..... she's only been wearing them for about 2 - 2-1/2 weeks and they are pretty dirty....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2011, 01:54 AM
 
13,292 posts, read 25,459,767 times
Reputation: 20363
Beautiful gal and great story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2011, 12:07 PM
 
3,593 posts, read 10,642,038 times
Reputation: 5197
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
note to self: pink collar and harness is NOT a good combination for a girl that LOVES to run and play in the yard and along the river beach..... she's only been wearing them for about 2 - 2-1/2 weeks and they are pretty dirty....
LOL - you are learning the wonders of having a female that isn't feminine. Have one of those myself. Her official name is rather flowery ( Mariah). Her nickname is much more accurate (Tank)

Would love to see some more pics when you get a chance. Love love love the ones with Davey long legs! The boy is definately enraptured!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2011, 01:10 PM
 
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
9,352 posts, read 16,768,849 times
Reputation: 11458
yeah ... she's definitely more of a tom-boy than a girlie-girl .... bailey is too, for that matter.... but pink was NEVER gonna be her color anyway.....

i got a picture of her yesterday, i think .... just laying out in the sunshine and lovin' life.... its on my other 'puter though......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2011, 01:33 PM
 
3,593 posts, read 10,642,038 times
Reputation: 5197
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
yeah ... she's definitely more of a tom-boy than a girlie-girl .... bailey is too, for that matter.... but pink was NEVER gonna be her color anyway.....

i got a picture of her yesterday, i think .... just laying out in the sunshine and lovin' life.... its on my other 'puter though......
Oh share it when you can!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:32 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top