Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 09:01 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,265,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam View Post
MAK, I think it is such a great attitude to say "human sister"!
Congratulations on doing the right thing - though to me it is not the "right" but the "obvious" thing - and keeping the dear dog when the baby comes. (:::applause:

I am just mentioning this bc I see people having babies and giving away their pets as if they were automatically undesirable just bc there is a baby around - or bc now that the baby is born there is no reason or it is "unsanitary" to keep the pet - and it really breaks my heart.
Apart from very few exceptions, dogs (pets in general) make wonderful friends, are a very important part of teaching children how to treat animals properly, not to mention there are countless stories of them risking themselves to save their beloved human family members.

A pet, yes, as loyal as they come, considers his people family members and will stick to them no matter what.
People think I'm crazy, but I consider PC to be my first born. Sure, he has four legs and fur but I love that little creature to death. I tell him his Bulldog mama was his surrogate, he doesn't know any differently. My husband and I have such a bond with him, he's not going anywhere ever! PC is by my side all day long, even following me to the bathroom. He'd die if we were ever separated and that will never happen!

As far as unsanitary goes, babies poop, vomit, drool, and spread all kinds of awesome diseases that they catch from other babies. I'd have to say babies are a bit more unsanitary than dogs! And besides, a little dog hair never hurt anyone! Just be prepared to see lots of pictures of PC and his new sister, I'm so looking forward to photographing their bond!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2011, 09:28 PM

2,053 posts, read 4,807,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
People think I'm crazy, but I consider PC to be my first born. Sure, he has four legs and fur but I love that little creature to death. I tell him his Bulldog mama was his surrogate, he doesn't know any differently. My husband and I have such a bond with him, he's not going anywhere ever! PC is by my side all day long, even following me to the bathroom. He'd die if we were ever separated and that will never happen!

As far as unsanitary goes, babies poop, vomit, drool, and spread all kinds of awesome diseases that they catch from other babies. I'd have to say babies are a bit more unsanitary than dogs! And besides, a little dog hair never hurt anyone! Just be prepared to see lots of pictures of PC and his new sister, I'm so looking forward to photographing their bond!
:::Standing ovation:::
I completely agree, and I don't think you are crazy.
I am sure PC and his sister will be a great team!

I love to read those stories where dogs go above and beyond for their human family, it is such a wonderful thing! I have always loved my dogs so much it drives me bananas when someone says "oh, it is just a dog"...yeah, just a dog that is probably willing to do more for a person than another person ever will.

PS: not that it is anything difficult to love PC, but the surrogate thing made me spit my drink.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:40 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,914,947 times
Do you still have Meatball? Hopefully he has a great relationship with the baby as well, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs