Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 12:28 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,287,655 times

Advertisements

What an awesome bond the dog and child have. I can only hope my PC and his soon to be human sister develop such a strong bond as well.

Dog Rescues 6-Year-Old Girl from Drowning | Life With Dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 01:18 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,776,111 times
Default Warning to dawn

This one is going to make you cry!! Beautiful MAK.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:48 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,575,239 times
What a sweet story!!! Thanks for sharing.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:10 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
I read that to my dogs.

They stared at me, blankly.

I wonder if they would.

I think my boy might protect me from other people or dogs or even other animals but would they jump in to a river to pull me out, go seek help if I were to get lost or injured in the wilderness?

I don't know. They both act like they have ADD and might get distracted along the way.

"Oh noes! Food provider can't move! Must get help! I'm now running back the way we came, I know I'll find someon.....hello! Hi little butterfly! I will chase you now. Hurray for butterflies! Wheee!!!!"

It's awfully touching to read a story like this; to hear about the incredible bond that humans and animals can have. There used to be a show on Animal Planet, I forget the name, that guy from "Growing Pains" (the dad), used to narrate...cats, dogs, etc were doing all kinds of incredible things to save their owners.

I feel really bad for this little girl that she is soon going to learn about the upcoming death of her beloved best friend. That's going to do some damage.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:27 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,422,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I read that to my dogs.

They stared at me, blankly.

I wonder if they would.

I think my boy might protect me from other people or dogs or even other animals but would they jump in to a river to pull me out, go seek help if I were to get lost or injured in the wilderness?

I don't know. They both act like they have ADD and might get distracted along the way.

"Oh noes! Food provider can't move! Must get help! I'm now running back the way we came, I know I'll find someon.....hello! Hi little butterfly! I will chase you now. Hurray for butterflies! Wheee!!!!"

It's awfully touching to read a story like this; to hear about the incredible bond that humans and animals can have. There used to be a show on Animal Planet, I forget the name, that guy from "Growing Pains" (the dad), used to narrate...cats, dogs, etc were doing all kinds of incredible things to save their owners.

I feel really bad for this little girl that she is soon going to learn about the upcoming death of her beloved best friend. That's going to do some damage.
I've always thought the same about the dogs I've owned. If I collapsed I think they'd just stand there licking me wondering, why is Mommy sleeping on the floor? And as it got closer to dinnertime they'd lick harder.
But maybe I'm wrong, last week one of my dogs was puking really bad in the night (she's OK) and my other dog woke me up twice to tell me. So I guess she's more sensitive than I thought.
That was a very sweet story. Very sad about poor brave Maggie.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:11 PM

909 posts, read 3,363,413 times
Beautiful story. So sad though that Maggie will not be with them much longer.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:57 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,551,923 times
what an amazing story. So sad about the cancer

Old 08-20-2011, 09:37 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,314,495 times
Morton Report Readers 'Trolled' by Internet's Mischief Maker David Thorne - The Morton Report

Turns out it wasn't a real story. There is no Maggie...and no cancer...

Old 08-21-2011, 07:01 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,422,758 times
This isn't the worst thing anyone ever did, but I don't get all the you da man comments to David Thorne after the article. Making up stories and putting them on other peoples websites seems like a pretty juvenile hobby to me.

Old 08-21-2011, 05:20 PM

2,053 posts, read 4,815,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
What an awesome bond the dog and child have. I can only hope my PC and his soon to be human sister develop such a strong bond as well.
MAK, I think it is such a great attitude to say "human sister"!
Congratulations on doing the right thing - though to me it is not the "right" but the "obvious" thing - and keeping the dear dog when the baby comes. (:::applause:

I am just mentioning this bc I see people having babies and giving away their pets as if they were automatically undesirable just bc there is a baby around - or bc now that the baby is born there is no reason or it is "unsanitary" to keep the pet - and it really breaks my heart.
Apart from very few exceptions, dogs (pets in general) make wonderful friends, are a very important part of teaching children how to treat animals properly, not to mention there are countless stories of them risking themselves to save their beloved human family members.

A pet, yes, as loyal as they come, considers his people family members and will stick to them no matter what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs