Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 08:09 AM

1,481 posts, read 3,945,516 times

Advertisements

THOSE EARS! totally cute!.. so if yer asked she is a 100% Heinz Hound very awesome breed of course .. perfect for everyone..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 08:15 AM

3,176 posts, read 6,213,908 times
This is a CUTE pup I too see what could be Pharaoh Hound too....

Old 10-07-2011, 10:46 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,851,089 times
see the problem with pharoh and ibizan hounds is they are still quite rare and their breeders tend to guard them so feircly that the liklyhood of finding a mixed breed with pharoh hound in it is slim...

but she definatly has that "look" big ears slight stop at the muzzle almond eyes...
there could definatly be many breeds in this pups background one of whihc could be one of the many sighthounds...

i love her eyes though, very striking! the color is one ive seen in a number of "pit bulls" (but the shape does have a unique styling )

you know what i would say might be a possibility (especially if your south) a coated XOLO being thrown in the mix, big erect ears, almond eyes (typically gold)

however if the people you got her from were the ones that have the mother and/or father ect i wouldnt see a reason not to belive them...?

Old 10-07-2011, 10:58 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
She doesn't look like a pit to me. But do you have pics of her body, etc?

Old 10-07-2011, 10:30 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DogNight View Post
She is a purdy pup for sure...reminds me of a Pharoh Hound.
Pharaoh Hound was also the first thing that came to my mind -- but it may just be because she hasnt grown into her ears yet.

We could probably make better educated guesses if we saw some photos of her body.

I understand, totally, the desire to know what breeds are in her background. But you'll never know for sure and, as others have posted, it doesnt really matter. If you live somewhere that pit bulls arent allowed, then, of course, there's no pit bull in her at all.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:08 AM

3 posts, read 15,705 times
Default bella at 4 months

thank you for your reply...attached are the photos of bella at nearly 4 months old...shes already 8.9 kls....according to my colleague, bella's father is an red nose apt
Attached Thumbnails
Is it a Pitbull?-img_0547.jpg   Is it a Pitbull?-img_0549.jpg   Is it a Pitbull?-img_0550.jpg  

Old 10-10-2011, 03:36 AM

1,253 posts, read 3,633,463 times
I agree with 3DogNight. I thought Pharoh hound, too.

Maybe Mal, will have to wait 'til she's older to know more, pups can change so much. I don't see pittie or Am Staff, nose is too long and narrow.

She is beautiful. Hey As long as you are happy, she's happy...don't worry. Even "if" there some Am Staff (pit mix) in there, she's a mix. They are great, loyal, loving, comical, hard working, you could not ask for a better breed or better mix kind of dog. They will lay down their life for you kind of dogs...and they only want to please you. All they ask for in return is leadership, love, affection and belly rubs! She will be puddy in your hands!

Enjoy and congrats!!!

Okay, the female may have mated with multiple males and had different offspring in the litter. You know, like "half sibs?" It happens all the time with dogs.

Last edited by LuvABull.Denver; 10-10-2011 at 03:44 AM.. Reason: Additional info.

Old 12-28-2016, 07:44 AM

1 posts, read 4,572 times
I have a dog that looks exactly like yours. I just googled pharaoh hound/ pit mix and saw this post. I'll upload a pic if you'd like? Considering this is from 2011 I'm thinking I may not get a response. Worth a try, I've never seen a dog that resembles mine so much.

Old 12-28-2016, 07:51 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DogNight View Post
She is a purdy pup for sure...reminds me of a Pharoh Hound.
My thoughts exactly. If she's on the skinny side, I'd vote for that. I don't see pit in her lineage at all. You could do DNA testing, but that's pretty spendy. What a cutie!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharaoh_Hound

Old 12-31-2016, 10:32 AM

1,179 posts, read 8,709,008 times
The dog could be any kind of mix. Maybe the pup has Pit and Mal, but the puppy is really some other breed mix. Without knowing the source or seeing the parents yourself it is hard to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs