Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 04:06 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,495,594 times

Advertisements

Atlanta NAACP: After Sentence, Let Quarterback Michael Vick Return to NFL, Preferably Falcons

ATLANTA (AP) - An NAACP leader said Michael Vick should be allowed to return to the NFL, preferably the Atlanta Falcons, after serving his sentence for his role in a dogfighting operation. [mod] Moderator cut - please do not post full articles, only links.[mod]

My Way - Sports News

Last edited by Sam I Am; 08-23-2007 at 03:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2007, 04:21 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,406,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
\"His crime is, it was a dog," White said.
That says it all about the ignorance and absolute stupidity of people. They make it out like hes the Victim that did nothing at all.

Old 08-22-2007, 04:23 PM

960 posts, read 1,687,198 times
NAACP??? When was the last time anyone paid attention to them???

Those fat cats need to go back to the board room, prop their feet up, light up a Cuban cigar and grab a snooze until theres another bandwagon they can jump on.

Old 08-22-2007, 04:26 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,495,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
That says it all about the ignorance and absolute stupidity of people. They make it out like hes the Victim that did nothing at all.
That's true, That's why I posted this so people will know.
I hope many see my post,, Don't forget they made OJ look like the victim to.

Old 08-22-2007, 04:31 PM

159 posts, read 355,712 times
Cool NAACP can give him a job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Amen! They are the same ones that said in the very beginning that people were judging Vick too harshly and that we needed to wait for the evidence.

If Vick were really innocent he wouldn't have to take plea deal because the evidence would support his side of the story and prove his innocence. The only reason he's pleading guilty is because he knows that there is no way he can defend himself against the evidence.

I hope that he never plays another day of professional sports again. He certainly doesn't deserve to. If the Atlanta NAACP wants to support Vick's rehabilitation let them give him a job.

Old 08-22-2007, 06:24 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,361,498 times
I couldn't give a rats behind what color he is. What he did was just plain wrong. Just another load of BS thrown out there by that organization. The guy deserves to have the book thrown at him, just like anybody else who participates in this illegal and viciously cruel "sport"

Old 08-22-2007, 06:43 PM

612 posts, read 2,778,365 times
Unbelievable that the NAACP will try to make that thug look like the victim in all this. No wonder people don't have respect for that organization. I would have more respect if they said he was finally going to act like a man and take his punishment.

What a crock.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:32 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,845,806 times
What??? NAACP is crazy!!!I cannot believe they are saying that!!!

Old 08-22-2007, 08:42 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,534,507 times
I say smear Vick with Alpo and put him in a room full of ravenous pit bulls.

I take that back. How about letting him finance rescue organizations for dogs. Hit him where it hurts.

Old 08-22-2007, 09:17 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,089,634 times
The idea that he "made a mistake" and after his puny little six months or so in jail, he should go back to his multimillion dollar career because he will be a changed repentent man is nuts. Anyone who did what he did has a screw loose in the sensitivity area of the brain. Mike Tyson didn't change and Vick won't either until he hits rock bottom and has to feel the pain. Then maybe. This guy should be ousted for life and made to earn his way back to respectability not have it handed to him. He is sorry all right--sorry he got caught.
As for the NAACP they would be better served to admonish Vick for setting such a poor example to young men looking up to him and for bringing such shame on his family, team, and his community. When are they going to start holding their own people to task for misdeeds that diminish the role models for youth.
Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, Michael Vick---all a disgrace to their country while strong brave men and women are dying this very night, so they can prance and preen on the stage of self-pity and self-aggrandizement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs