U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 12:12 PM

24,843 posts, read 32,321,534 times

Advertisements

Our dogs are allowed on the chairs and sofa.

Hubby and Angel sleep in their bedroom, Bear and myself in mine.

Many times I get up in the night and sleep in the recliner. It is easier than getting Bear to move over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 12:16 PM

700 posts, read 1,669,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Our dogs are allowed on the chairs and sofa.

Hubby and Angel sleep in their bedroom, Bear and myself in mine.

Many times I get up in the night and sleep in the recliner. It is easier than getting Bear to move over.
Tee hee...sounds like my house. Me and ..well, I start out with all three monsters but my fur-son, he's a traveler, so he visits daddy in the office bedroom somewhere during the night.

The accommodations we make for our animals...I use the excuse that it's just my desperate way to apologize to all the creatures (past, present, future) that don't have the luxuries and abundance of love in their lifetimes that my monsters get.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:23 PM

24,843 posts, read 32,321,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DogNight View Post
Tee hee...sounds like my house. Me and ..well, I start out with all three monsters but my fur-son, he's a traveler, so he visits daddy in the office bedroom somewhere during the night.

The accommodations we make for our animals...I use the excuse that it's just my desperate way to apologize to all the creatures (past, present, future) that don't have the luxuries and abundance of love in their lifetimes that my monsters get.
I have posted this before but.......

When our labs were about two hubby said he wasn't sleeping well because he did not have enough room.

So he gave me an ultimatum, him or, the dogs in bed.

We still miss him at times.

When he moved downstairs in a guest room, his dog Angel moved too.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:40 PM

21,767 posts, read 21,637,254 times
I've found it is a losing battle to try to keep them off the couch. Only one dog I will not allow on the furniture because she has a etopic ureter and dribbles pee. But she sneaks when Im not around.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:45 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,033,872 times
Our dogs have no off limits places, bed, couch, rugs it's all fair game.

I bought a sectional about 7 years ago with a fabric cover that zips off all the cushions and pillows, a couple times a year I pull it apart and wash it all. It only takes a couple hours and looks new again.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:46 PM

1,457 posts, read 3,450,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I have posted this before but.......

When our labs were about two hubby said he wasn't sleeping well because he did not have enough room.

So he gave me an ultimatum, him or, the dogs in bed.

We still miss him at times.

When he moved downstairs in a guest room, his dog Angel moved too.
LOL That so would be me if I had to choose. I don't sleep well either, and that's only with one of my dogs in bed, but I wouldn't have it any other way. My girl sleeps on the floor (on a big dog pillow) as the bed is my boys sanctuary away from her for the night. Neither go on the couch, they both have their own doggy beds....and this is only because my boy when I first got him had a little growling issue with one of my cats coming up to him on the couch, so off he went.

Old 10-20-2011, 04:35 PM

2,707 posts, read 5,355,166 times
Bandit is allowed on my bed. If I am not at home, he can get onto the bed any time he likes -- although I don't usually see evidence that he has done so. (No wrinkled covers, in other words.) When I am at home, he can get up on the bed AFTER I am in it and settled. He stands at the foot of the bed and waits for his invitation, then he jumps up and makes himself comfortable on the left side. He knows not to lie on my legs...or I will make him get off.

He's not allowed on the couch -- and again, since I see no pet hair on the couch, I'm reasonably certain he's not getting up there when I'm not home.

I don't have any "easy chairs" or recliners and he doesn't seem interested in dog beds.

Old 10-20-2011, 04:42 PM

6,191 posts, read 15,315,625 times
I have three dogs (plus a foster) and no, dogs aren't allowed on furniture. Except little Fiona, the only girl-dog in the house and by far the smallest - she sleeps on my bed. The boys can sleep on dog beds, in crates, on the floor - anywhere but on the furniture.

And Fiona won't let anyone else on the bed and they all know it LOL.

I posted about Royce and the scat mat here.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:08 AM

1,927 posts, read 2,622,218 times
we have two dogs and they are not allowed on furniture
or beds, they have dogbeds scattered all over the house and
many times they prefer to be on the cool tile floor in
the kitchen.

they have one daybed under our front window, they
share that , sunning themselves.
even though this daybed is covered in a blanket for easy cleaning ,
the daybed surely has a distinctive doggie odor.

my dogs are clean but they stil smell like dogs.

we have no interest in having our furniture/bed smell like
that nor do we want dog hairs on everything. as it is we
find doghairs even in the freezer,ha.

at times they get invited up and we enjoy a cuddle.

have been to too many friends houses where there is nowhere to
sit due to dogs taking over.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:28 AM

36,479 posts, read 43,619,078 times
Lucy the 10 year old Bichon sleeps on her bed on the floor beside me and 2 year old 6 lb Toby sleeps with me in a king size bed. he has to touch me at all times and I love going to sleep with my hand on him. Also two 12 lb cats sleep with us. Hubby sleeps alone - by choice- in his own room. After 36 years of marriage it works for us. Cats go wherever they want but dogs seem to prefer napping during the day and evening on their respective beds under tables.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or