Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 08:06 PM

960 posts, read 1,675,325 times

Advertisements

washingtonpost.com

"My intention is to vindicate the people of the Commonwealth of Virginia and the people of Surry County based on what we believe happened in Surry County," said Gerald G. Poindexter, the commonwealth's attorney in the rural jurisdiction near Vick's home town of Newport News. He said the case "likely will be presented" to a local grand jury on Sept. 25, the next time it meets.

All I have to say is GO VIRGINIA!!! GO VIRGINIA!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2007, 08:44 PM

13,909 posts, read 39,097,416 times
GREAT LOVE hearing that !!! GO VIRGINIA GO!!!!

Old 08-23-2007, 09:31 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,151,999 times
I agree! GO VIRGINIA!!!!

Old 08-24-2007, 10:43 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,354,129 times
Would be awsome if they actually had the balls to go ahead and do that. And then maybe the City could charge him too :S

Old 08-24-2007, 12:34 PM

159 posts, read 355,025 times
Thumbs up Go Virigina

Wow! Good for them. If only more local governments had the courage to do the same thing to these "celebrities" maybe they wouldn't feel like their above the law.

Old 08-24-2007, 05:27 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,270,338 times
NFL commisioner just got some serious bonus points from me. FOXNews.com - NFL Suspends Michael Vick Indefinitely, Without Pay - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

glad to see people finally doing the right thing

Old 08-24-2007, 05:37 PM

673 posts, read 3,137,828 times
I live in Newport News right now and this is BIG news....BUT...PLEASE BEWARE. Poindexter, the Surry County prosecutor is a THUG just as much as Vick! Everyone around here, well not all but most, are soooooo pissed off because he has done NOTHING for this case. He took his sweet time trying to investigate. So slow in fact that is why the feds got involved in the FIRST place!! He kept saying "If Vick says he is innocent, then he is and leave the man alone". It is so frustrating to have this man in office with so much power but he looks like an Al Sharpton and is totally an A.S. wanna be. I wish you could see the interviews on TV here. He just had one saying 'well, its not done very often when someone is charged with federal crimes as well as state'. Gimmie a break he is trying to make up every excuse in the book.

Dont be suprised if state charges are NOT brought against Vick. Actually, Vick's property sold for half price right after the charges were brought up and no one knows who bought the property! We think it has some connection with Poindexter, why would they hide it otherwise?

A good local paper to keep up with for those interested is:

Hampton Roads, Virginia, news, sports, weather, real estate, jobs and cars from the Daily Press -- dailypress.com

I hope he burns in hell!!!! *MY DOG HATES MICHAEL conVICKt*

Old 08-24-2007, 05:59 PM

159 posts, read 355,025 times
Angry Vick has already gotten more of chance than his dogs did

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi_Girl View Post
I live in Newport News right now and this is BIG news....BUT...PLEASE BEWARE. Poindexter, the Surry County prosecutor is a THUG just as much as Vick! Everyone around here, well not all but most, are soooooo pissed off because he has done NOTHING for this case. He took his sweet time trying to investigate. So slow in fact that is why the feds got involved in the FIRST place!! He kept saying "If Vick says he is innocent, then he is and leave the man alone". It is so frustrating to have this man in office with so much power but he looks like an Al Sharpton and is totally an A.S. wanna be. I wish you could see the interviews on TV here. He just had one saying 'well, its not done very often when someone is charged with federal crimes as well as state'. Gimmie a break he is trying to make up every excuse in the book.

Dont be suprised if state charges are NOT brought against Vick. Actually, Vick's property sold for half price right after the charges were brought up and no one knows who bought the property! We think it has some connection with Poindexter, why would they hide it otherwise?

Hampton Roads, Virginia, news, sports, weather, real estate, jobs and cars from the Daily Press -- dailypress.com

I guess we'll just have to hope that there is enough public attention and outrage at this point to force the prosecutor to do the right thing.

Otherwise, I hope that if he fails to bring charges that he loses his position in the county. I am guessing he's an elected official, so let the voters speak.

I would love to see Vick get some actual prison sentence rather than the token sentence he negotiated in his plea deal.

Old 08-24-2007, 06:26 PM

673 posts, read 3,137,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharPit View Post
I guess we'll just have to hope that there is enough public attention and outrage at this point to force the prosecutor to do the right thing.

Otherwise, I hope that if he fails to bring charges that he loses his position in the county. I am guessing he's an elected official, so let the voters speak.

I would love to see Vick get some actual prison sentence rather than the token sentence he negotiated in his plea deal.
Poindexter IS an elected official, but he's the only one running!!! He has no opponents! People have been VERY vocal on both sides (pro and against Vick) but most of the people are against Vick. He is not a well liked man around here right now....there are T-shirts all over that say "MY DOG HATES MICHAEL VICK" and various others. He is not respected, except in the east end where he is from, and even the cops dont want to go down there. They had a "Community Hug" for Vick to show support a few weeks ago and about 90 people showed up. They were proclaiming his innocence but you dont hear anything now that he confessed. I hope he gets some hard time and the NFL just suspended him. GOOD. I hope he gets his legs broke in prison. He is nothing but a disgrace to this area.

Old 08-24-2007, 06:50 PM
Status: "On my way to sunny South Carolina" (set 20 hours ago)

9,914 posts, read 15,479,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi_Girl View Post

I think he's right in saying that you couldn't charge him for the SAME crime as the feds did, because that would be double jeopardy, but Virginia has additional charges that he could be prosecuted on and I really hope they move forward. Keep the pressure on this guy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs