Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2016, 11:08 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times

Advertisements

Every time I see a pic and story of a dog that has been horrifically mistreated, or given up on, or abandoned and left to die, tortured, etc. it makes me hate people so much that I feel like I don't want anything to do with anyone ever again.

But then I see the pics of dogs being rescued, rehabilitated, given vet care, and brought back to life by some of the most wonderful people on the planet, that it makes me want to go out and hug the world.

In this country, and some others, the penalties and punishments for animal cruelty are becoming harsher, albeit very slowly, but in other countries, there's still the issue that people do not look at animals as more than objects like one would look at a piece of furniture. In fact, some people view animals as less than a piece of furniture.

It seems that we will never be able to conquer the issue of animal abuse/neglect, but we have to keep at it for their sake. So in that mindset, I'd like to share a link that shows the victory of some dogs who found a new life - some of them from absolutely horrendous conditions. (You'll see.)

I hope that this gives those of you out there who do what you can to help save animals, a little lift and some energy/inspiration to keep going. I know it is not easy.

Heart-Touching Before and After Photos of Shelter Dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2016, 11:10 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,208,918 times
I guess you are another one who likes digs and cats better than people?

Old 03-26-2016, 11:19 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
What does your flippant remark have to do with the link? This thread isn't about you and your desire to tell everyone how they should feel. It has to do with dogs who have come from terrible circumstances and have a new chance at life.

If you have nothing to say that adds to the discussion of dogs getting a second chance at life, don't post on this thread.

Old 03-27-2016, 12:48 AM

30,521 posts, read 16,217,604 times
The expressions on those dogs' faces!

and in their eyes when they can be seen.

Old 03-27-2016, 04:56 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,248,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
I guess you are another one who likes digs and cats better than people?
Not sure if I like DIGS better than people, but honestly, I like DOGS better than people. Can't say the same for cats!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs