U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 08:32 PM

6,591 posts, read 20,832,828 times

Advertisements

thanks guys
hes certainly adorable...and needy lol.

hes obsessed with the TV...he doesnt know what to make of it, but he watches intently and paws at the movement on the screen and grumbles at it lol.
he dixcovered the joys of toys today, having little dogs is helpfull with a pup this size, alot of what i own is his size lol. hi favorite right now is a life sized mouse.

hes eating well, trying kibble (hes got a bowl down to pick at) and doing quite well, he also gets 3 wet meals a day right now which he polishes off nicely...
he should gain weight pretty quickly now and he has all his tiny needle like puppy teeth which he happily uses as often as possible on anything soft...including his own foot

and he talks...alot lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 05:01 AM

16,688 posts, read 26,781,364 times
Oh my God, I'm in love with him! He's freakin' adorable!!!!

Old 11-06-2011, 05:27 AM

4,131 posts, read 4,781,252 times
FOXYWENCH!!!! I cannot believe....you would own such an adorable dog-he is the cutest-congrats and I'm sure you did the right thing.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:42 AM

4,585 posts, read 10,853,134 times
Yup, stinkin' cute and congrats. I know you'll give him a good chance of being a great dog even if you had to pull him early from mom. We expect plenty of photos of The Dozer and his progress.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:58 AM

9,355 posts, read 16,854,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmama50 View Post
He's so itty-bitty and adorable. Can't wait to see progress pictures as he grows up!
this ^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
Yup, stinkin' cute and congrats. I know you'll give him a good chance of being a great dog even if you had to pull him early from mom. We expect plenty of photos of The Dozer and his progress.
and this ^^^

i can smell that sweet puppy breath right through my computer screen!!

Old 11-06-2011, 09:21 AM

4,715 posts, read 10,194,689 times
He is adorable!!!! I love the name Dozer as I had tried to talk my brother into naming one of his bulldogs Dozer....Bull Dozer. I think your older dogs will make sure the little guy is raised right. Enjoy that puppy time as it sure has passed fast with Chaos as she is 9 months old today!

Old 11-07-2011, 01:40 PM

lol time does pass by fast, it feels like only yesterday that jasper entered my life lol.
hes definatly comming along, learning how to play with toys, doing well with wee wee pads (he shoudl be easy to housebreak if this is any clue but i cant take him outside on the grass untill hes up to date on shots as the neighbors dogs and unknown dogs over the past 14 years have been allowed all over here and i dont know if they are properly vaccinated.)

that being said today in walmart i got my first lecture about how hes going to eat me while im sleeping...
LMAO...the worst part is this person aparently has chows...personally ive never met a chow and hes worried that my 5 week old am bull x corso is going to eat me...LOL.

though i must admit, he might just manage to knaw me to death before he finnishes teething lol

i mean what is with people...this guy started a nice convo as i looked at collars (i want a cheapy one to get him used to wearing one...
and when he said he had chows i felt a little more comfortable that hed understand bad rap vs good rasing, but aparently not, his face turned as soon as i said american bulldog, but as soon as i mentione dcane corso that was it, out comes the spray about how he can never be trusted, even now because both breeds were bred to kill people and at 5 weeks hes old enough to start trying...
he doesnt even have all his teeth yet...yup ill get right on fearing the 5 week old puppy is going to somehow going to break out of his crate and gum me to death one night

i fained a smile and told him i was more worried about my cats eating me while i sleep if i dont get them their cat food home asap...and walked away...

Old 11-09-2011, 05:36 PM

1,253 posts, read 3,044,415 times
Talking That is too funny...

I figured he might try and talk you into pulling his baby teeth and then filing his adult teeth...and he owns chows? Did the guy not know that chows were used for fighting at one time? He's just a breed snob, there, I said it. (I meant it, too!)

Well since you own an Am Bulldog mix I feel I must warn you as a fellow Am Bulldog and Am Bulldog mix owner what is to come...now mind you, I don't have a Cane Corso but we'll muddle through, what do ya say?

Do you know if the Am Bulldog is from the Johnson or Scott lines? Spanky is from the Scott line. Johnson's have more of the smusch face like their English Bulldog cousins. (I am sure you know this (just putting it out there for others...)

You can expect a comical, loyal, loving, goofy, goobery dog that absolutely adores you and would lick the ground you walk on. He will alert you to danger, protect your home, car and he will lay down his life for you even if you do not ask him too.

Properly trained and socialized around children and animals from a young age (wait, Diesel-Am Bulldog x isn't young (4 yrs old) and he is doing just fine with kids and other dogs), he will be a great family, farm and pack member. Oh...and with your "Dogs on Duty" sign, you are covered!

Warning! Warning! Warning! Foxy's home is now well protected by her pack as the early warning system and Foxy as the main security system...don't mess around Foxywench's place if you want to keep your fingers and toes! She's got trained cats, too!!!

Y'all think I'm playing, those cats are dangerous!!! Cats are sneeky like that, it's the quiet one's you have to look out for!

Last edited by LuvABull.Denver; 11-09-2011 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: Where is the dang spell check and grammar button?

Old 11-09-2011, 05:43 PM

7,330 posts, read 13,249,582 times
LOL, my boy cats are sweethearts, and I love my female cat too, but she can be as mean as a snake at times. She's far scarier than my pit bulls have ever thought about being, when she wants.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:32 PM

lol, i only got to see a picture of the mother but she looked to be in between so im guessing a mix of johnson and scott, she wasnt quite as Smushy as some of the realy big johnsons ive seen but too bulky to be a scott type
she had a HUGE wide head i mean almost as wide as the guy in the pictures torso, relitivly short muzzle but not healvily jowled and a few wrinkles

(she could have been this dogs sister)
http://webspace.webring.com/people/f...tleDixie16.jpg

but the guy in the pic was aparently bout 5'8 and the females back came just about upper mid thigh (id say 26" abouts) so she was relitivly tall too, aparently about 75-80lbs

the male i did get to meet, no idea on which type bully he is, he looks very corso in the face but is aparently a 50/50 mix, he came to my upper thigh about 27/28" and id say closer to 100lbs...he had a HUGE head too, like he headbutted me litterally right in the tummy and his head was almost as wide as my torso (and im a big girl lol), i just wanted to steal him, poor boy was black but looked grey form all the dust, he had goopy eyes and fleas and ear mites and all he wanted was love...they had him chained on this uge truck chain and a huge wide collar ontop of the chain around his neck too...definatly a "guard dog" but he spent the entire time wagging his tail smiling and squeeking like a puppy dog, and as i whent to pet him he just shoved that huge head into my stomach eyes closed and whimpered...unfortunatly though nothingi could do to save him, he had a dog house, water and a big bowl of food...they wernt breaking any laws with his care

so im expecting this little tiny currently 3 1/2 lb puppy to one day come to my mid thigh and have a ginormous head! lol
all the better to eat me with while im sleeping LOL.

i know ill get lots of that, hes going to be a "tough" looking dog with that big bully smile and everyone is going to tell me about how hes going to kill me while i sleep or randomly turn on me, or grow wings and start breathing fire and such...
i just didnt realy expect it from a chow owner lol!

ive read so much good about the american bulldog personality and i LOVE corso (they have a similar personality from what im told) so i think this is going to work out quite well lol.
hes already making himself quite at home lol, found him playing with willow this morning...*shhhh dont tell willow i saw them!*

lol, your right though, i have the best security system in the history of security systems! the cresties and the macaw are the alarm, dozer will be the front line visuileal defence he can keep them distracted while the cats sneak up behind...i figure by the time i hear the screaming (for some reason willow likes inner thighs and tempi is an ankle attacker) its too late for the poor soul LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs