U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 08:34 PM

18,509 posts, read 28,160,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
id like yall to meet...

DOZER

!
Too freaking cute
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 09:54 PM

1,253 posts, read 3,040,157 times
Foxy, Oh she's beautiful (from the link) you posted. LOVE her smile!!! It is what I find so endearing with pitties and Am Bulldogs. They have the happiest smiles! Their eyes even squint! LOVE IT!!!

Maybe you should sleep in a cage instead of the dog, you know for protection and all, you don't want to be mauled by your five week old puppy that doesn't have all of his milk teeth!

I mean really, you need to get used to it now so when he's full grown, 80-100lbs and can eat you for a snack...I'm sorry, I can't even say with a straight face!

Oh, did I forget to mention, both of mine think they are lap dogs? Well they do and I am not going to order a bigger lap, thank you very much! It's when my legs go to sleep to fun really begins! Spanky-70lbs and Diesel-80lbs...lap dogs. Oh, since mine are lap dogs and sleep with me, too. When should I expect to be eaten? I need to make plans and all. If you think about it, I've got 150lbs of Am Bulldog that can work as a pack, so...I'm dead meat (pun intended!)

Okay, now I am upset, my dogs must be slow. (They have always learned quickly for me???) I've had Spanky for three and a half years... And Diesel for three months. They have their adult teeth and everything.

What a dork in Wal-Mart! Does he not know Chows can be vicious, too? (Okay chow owners, I am not picking on you, I am making a point.) Doesn't he know any dog of ANY breed ANY size can be good, bad or ugly. Sorry, I got carried away. No ugly dogs It is in the ownership and how they are raised, NOT the breed specifically.

Just makes me want to look deeply into his eyes and say, "are you really in there? I mean I see a light on, but I don't think anyone is home." Oh, don't get me started!!! Pretty soon, we'll have to order him out of the gene pool!

Last edited by LuvABull.Denver; 11-09-2011 at 09:57 PM.. Reason: Where is the dang spell check button?

Old 11-10-2011, 09:00 AM

6,591 posts, read 20,798,138 times
lol, wheels spinning but the hamster died i think with that guy...

though blood has been drawn...
last night...
dozer mesed in his crate (i dont hae the divider in yet and put a puppy pad in 1/2 the crate simply because at 5 weeks old he cant be expected to go all night and hes not telling me he needs to go either, real housebreaking will start in a couple of weeks, right now im more interested in gettin him to be quite through the night unless he NEEDS something.)

any way opend the crate and managed to gash my thumb on what looks to be a drip form the coating...it was sharp

now today i cant help wonder if im now doomed, hes got the scent of blood now...and today hes especially mouthy...that it isnt it...thats the trigger to the long slippy path of being eaten by my dog...

i woudlnt worry too much about your boys...there just being patient...letting you stew so to speak..wait untill youve dropped your guard completly...thats when theyll strike..
either that or there just waiting untill they dont need a human bed warmer anymore...yup thats it...right now you serve a purpose...kinda like with the cats..keep the food bowl full and pet me when i demand it (which will always be about 3:30 am) and noone gets hurt :P

infact i saw dozer and Willow, my youngest kitty interacting yesterday...nothing good can ever come of a cat and bully breed alliance.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/375337_2691908179931_1323324144_3120003_633994390_ n.jpg (broken link)
"just to let you know...im planning your demise...dont forget the steak sauce!"

Old 11-10-2011, 10:43 AM

9,355 posts, read 16,830,667 times
omg ... the cuteness!!!!

and y'all are cracking me up .... think i should be wondering about any of my 3?? acd x, boxer x lab x ?? and a rat terrier x beagle..... hhhhmmmm I AM the bedwarmer for roxie ... the rattie x .....

guess i should be thankful they don't have opposable thumbs and can't open the kibble bin OR the canned food by themselves..... although i have SEEN them trying......

Old 11-10-2011, 11:18 AM

581 posts, read 1,038,991 times
OMG!!! I just want to kiss that cute black spotted nose! So so so so adorable.

My huge black "bear" (labmix) and Pitty can already open both a regular door and screen door and turn on the radio. I think my tumbs and ability to pay for their nice quarters is the only thing keeping me from my demise.

That and the thunderstorms I protect them from.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:57 AM

lol hes got tthe attitude to match..he just decided to get into a barking contest with the dog on TV...lol
he wont push my 5lb or 10lb chinese crested, but the huge dog on tv (it took up the entirety of a 42" screen) thats fair game lol

Old 11-10-2011, 02:11 PM

Lightbulb ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
omg ... the cuteness!!!!

and y'all are cracking me up .... think i should be wondering about any of my 3?? acd x, boxer x lab x ?? and a rat terrier x beagle..... hhhhmmmm I AM the bedwarmer for roxie ... the rattie x .....

guess i should be thankful they don't have opposable thumbs and can't open the kibble bin OR the canned food by themselves..... although i have SEEN them trying......
Yes, you should be worried, you have dawgs! They could maul you in your sleep! OMGoodness, it just sounds stupid! (Probably because it is!)

I know there are dangerous dogs, just as there are dangerous people but puppies are not dangerous and dogs are MADE dangerous. It is NOT their natural state of mind. Balanced, trained, socialized dogs of ALL breeds including ALL of the pit type and bully breeds make wonderful family pets.

I know I am preaching to the choir, it just makes me crazy! I think the irony in this is that it came from of all people, a chow owner. like his breed has never had bad press? Please and give me a break!

Then he starts in on Am Bulldogs, bet he's never read one thing about the breed (at least before the run in at Wal-Mart) he had zero right about their temperament. The Cane Corso a beautiful dog has had bad press because of bad ownership. These dogs are intelligent and ready to please, great with kids, devoted to family, excellent watch dogs, know when to be protective and when to back down. If the are well-bred they have a stable temperament. Raised in the right experienced hands is a great dog! It is not for a novice, thug or drug dealer. (Which IMO would do more damage to the reputation of this beautiful animal as we have done to the pittie, rottie, doberman, etc.) So this guy had ZERO right on the Am Bulldog and ZERO right on the Cane Corso, because you can almost interchange Am Bulldog with Cane Corso with the difference being Am Bulldogs are not from Italy.

(IMHO I think he was thinking of the Presa Canario...but he still would have been wrong!)

Just another uneducated fool, shooting off his mouth.

Foxy, that new pic you posted of Dozer is just stinky adorable! I know "adorable" isn't masculine...so, don't tell him, ok? Just tell him, I said, "he is very handsome!"

To the man at Wal-Mart: "Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Old 11-10-2011, 02:34 PM

oh i tell him hes a cutsey wootsey babby doggy in the most squishy voice i can muster and he eats it up...
im sure once he reaches the age of mauling me in my sleep hell probably not like the cutsey talk anymore but rihgt now he eats it up lol

Old 11-10-2011, 02:35 PM

4,714 posts, read 10,175,719 times
Foxy, Gald to see you posted today as I guess that means you survived another day with that man eating but very cute puppy! HOW do you manage to sleep at night???????

Hey in the remake of the Incredibale Journey where the dogs and cat talk wasn't that goofy silly pup Chance an american bulldog?

We have an american bulldog Henry that comes to the dog park with his foster mom and while he is is big and strong he is a sweet boy and that is despite being abused as he has a huge scar from being burned down the length of his back.We also have a very large Italian mastiff that has cropped ears and looks like a dog you would not mess with but Sully is such a chicken that little dogs can control him. I have to get a photo of him as when people that do not know him see him coming they are asking " is she serious she is bringing THAT in here? I am leaving" Some people just have their prejudices against certain breeds and to me it is their loss for being so closed minded as they miss knowing some great dogs. My brother has a neighbor that is freaked out by his 3 english bulldogs when all they might do is drown you with drool! opps I guess that is enough reason to fear them.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:51 PM

Default What were we thinking???

Yes, it was an Am Bulldog that played Chance. I can't remember if it was an Am bulldog or an APBT that played Petie in the Little Rascles, back in the day but again both dogs love kids, love attention and hit big on the big screen!

Oops, we've let the cat out of the bag about Am Bulldogs and APBT doing well in films, oh crap...there goes there bad a$$ reputation, what will we do now???

Thanks Dash!!! (lol)

Spanky got his name because of Pete. Spanky has a patch (like a pirate) instead of a ring around his eye but he did remind me of Petie. However, getting wacked with his tail was like getting spanked. Spanky was one of the little kids and the name stuck...and as they say...the rest is history!

Besides, it's like Foxy said...once I am no longer a good bed warmer, I'll be mauled. A midnight snack for the pack. My husband will come in, in the morning to find me...gone and the boys grinning, ear to ear, waiting for him to drift off to sleep, for the main course. Well, now that I know my end, I can sleep easy at night!

Edit: Petey http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/pete.php

Last edited by LuvABull.Denver; 11-10-2011 at 07:41 PM.. Reason: Where is the grammar and spell check button?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs