Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 06:56 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,050,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
True we BOTH could be Stupid!

But after breeding raising & traing & Rescuing dogs & Trying Eveything with this girl... & having sevral Pros work with her Maybe the Best thing for me to do is Put her To Sleep! I mean who else put up with a dog that Poops on ANYTHING Cloth!

Sorry you're an idiot if you want to put your dog down because you don't how to train her:smac k:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 06:58 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,275,326 times
Guess you dont have =any training tips after all! Nite!

Old 11-14-2011, 07:05 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,050,421 times
Quote:
hahahaha I almost did back in the day when I was a breeder & did rescue! I personally HATE Carpets! Nothing I owned had them! I Tried to get the mgr here to put vynal thru out... Mainance guy tells me that 2 apts in Charles Town have them so I saw No Problems! But she said NO! Then went on to tell me how her 3 small dogs pottied on her floor CRIPE! But it wouldnt have been just for the dogs it be fore me! Bad Backs & Vacuming dont mix ugh Anyway she put Dark Brown carpets down!! Try finding poop on that!

Always stressed ... cant afford to get an eviction do to puppy poop! She evict 1 the other week & told another neighbor he was next! This guy lived here for 12 yrs! He got a pound dog about 3 yrs old 2 months ago, last time he takes her out is 4 pm & next time 8 am! Tells me she trained to use puppy pads BUT He refuses to get them for her! So she poops behind furniture! cripe His apt STINKS!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...s-new-apt.html

Sorry you were never a breeder, quit trying to **** people

Old 11-14-2011, 07:27 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,275,326 times
Sure was 1982 til 1997 bred shelties collies cockers Rescued Rotties Dobies Had Minpins but never got to breed them [nice dogs] had 2 labs [never bred] rescued Mix breeds between 1980 til 1982 At 1 time had 32 dogs 5 cats & 2 horses! Trained dogs thru Utility & 3 fully trained service dogs [Lady-Bug be my 4th] Titled 2 dogs on my own tho several of my pups sold to others had Obiedance/Agility & Herding titles [no cr there for me LOL] Woke up in 2000 couldnt walk! Been in w/c ever since!

So What Training have you done?

Old 11-15-2011, 07:33 AM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
You never should have the litter box in the crate. Dogs will never get used to crapping and pissing in the same place they sleep.
That sounds very confusing to me, too.

Our puppy has pooped in her crate before but that was only after I ignored her barking/crying/cage rattling. I now know that she has a very distinct, agitated bark for "Mom - Help!! I need to poop NOW!" as opposed to her complaining yips of "Mom - I want you to play with me!".

Old 11-15-2011, 08:38 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Those things Dont work with this pup! I was Watching her....how else would I have put her in the box to finish....
watching her and actually keeping her by your side all day, are two totally different things...sounds to me, like you don't want to invest any time in her, and her problem is actually "your" fault. Because your to lazy to follow thru and apply yourself to your dog.

adopting a dog is a huge responsiblity....just as an example, I have a neighbor who adopted a dog...a problem dog...she did not know how to follow thru, nor did she want to take the time to work with the dog. Having a dog to her, is having the dog there when she's there, and to heck with any discipline or training...so the dog is home alone a whole lot while she is out galavanting....and it's a very dominent young female who thinks she is the Alpha of the entire neighborhood.

To have a positive experience with any dog, takes a whole lot of time and effort, not to mention training and responsiblity on your part. Even after all my dogs and I went to puppy kindergarden, I followed thru with at leat 15 minutes of behavior training every day, and then let them loose to romp....

having a dog is like having a kid...but can be a hugely rewarding experience if YOU apply yourself and commit to the dog....anything less, will reap negative results, which is what your are getting sorry to say, but you get out of something as much as you put into it....period.

I would suggest, you find the dog a new home....get that dog to someone who is able to follow thru with the above, and even more then that, I would suggest you don't have any children, until you are able to understand the meaning of discipline and leading by example.

You've had some very good training tips here...and refuse to acknowledge, you simply keep making excuses for your laziness and inability to train this dog....are you looking for justification to get rid of the dog...if you are, I would firmly suggest that you do....you, need to be trained on how to raise a dog and be a responsible dog owner, then maybe? But right now, your not mature enough or ready to have a dog...and I sincerely hope you don't have kids....b/c they're faults will be everyone else's fault.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:00 AM

22,823 posts, read 6,432,246 times
Caesar the peke wasn't completely housebroken until he was 18 months old, the longest of any dog we've ever had....he's a sweetheart though, you just have to hang in there and keep trying, not all dogs are housebroken in a short amount of time.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:19 AM

862 posts, read 1,642,583 times
Quote:
True we BOTH could be Stupid!

But after breeding raising & traing & Rescuing dogs & Trying Eveything with this girl... & having sevral Pros work with her Maybe the Best thing for me to do is Put her To Sleep! I mean who else put up with a dog that Poops on ANYTHING Cloth!
OMG you want to put the poor pupdog to sleep? Try a no kill shelter, maybe one that specializes in Paps. There are PLENTY of people who will "'put up with a dog that poops" until they get it trained. & trust me, your dog CAN be trained!

BTW I didn't really understand your rep comment. My post had nothing to do with another poster who does or does not have a TV show. No correlation whatsoever.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:22 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,386,514 times
Anyone who crates their dog 23 hours a day and goes berserk when they poop on the carpet has no business having a dog! Keeping her crated 23 hours in inhumane. Why would you even have a dog??

You should be walking her, exercising and playing with her, not crating her.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:30 AM

862 posts, read 1,642,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Anyone who crates their dog 23 hours a day and goes berserk when they poop on the carpet has no business having a dog! Keeping her crated 23 hours in inhumane. Why would you even have a dog??

You should be walking her, exercising and playing with her, not crating her.
My thoughts exactly.

Katie you might think people are ganing up on you We are not. Excuses, excuses, excuses is all we here. Yet there is a pupdog that is in it's crate 23 hours a day, let out every 2 hours for 10 minutes. So if my math is correct in that 23 hours a day she's in her cage, there is a 12 hour span she is never let out of the cage. That is just sad and cruel. We are all worried about your pupdog.

Add me to the list is willing to take her off of your hands & provide training and love and NOT being stuck in a cage 23 hours a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs