U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 02:45 PM

5,210 posts, read 9,111,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
springfeild, this is actually a good point, if the puppy is 9 months old, and we know shes not spayed she very well could be teritorially marking...yes females mark too with both pee and poop...

mrs1885 i did reccomend tethering...*sigh*
I missed that she wasn't spade, yet. But that would make sense. Spaying might work wonders...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 02:48 PM

12,403 posts, read 31,403,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Have you tried tethering her? I've not read through the entire thread, but it worked for my daughter's Boxer / Boston mix. She was nearly 2 years old before she was completely housebroken; hardest dog I've ever had to break. But she's flawless now and the only way I got her that way was tethering.
Tie her to What ME! I am in a w/c I cant see tying her to me without chancing running over her! I use baby gates to block her in the kitchen. I am on the outside on the carpet when she brings me the things I ask for. IF the gate not there she goes past me then poos on the carpet sneeky! Other apt had bigger kitchen so I sat in a reg kitchen chair to start the training lol Been in this apt end of Aug 1st Sept & I had her since the 6th of June! In the old apt we did a lot of groundwork. I think its time to expand her training to getting things for me off stands & furniture etc cant do that til she gets over this potting on carpet. Of course got to buy furniture

Old 11-15-2011, 03:03 PM

861 posts, read 1,452,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Dought it.... dogs Dont think that way! & IF you Read what I said she gets out at other time thru-out the day! Even IF she potties during thos time I Still take her to potty during her Timed Scheduled Breaks! If she goes fine she gets praised! If not it still gives her time to put her mind on doing her potting & not think about Other things! As she been getting older she mostly sits there looking at me LOL I put her back in crate after the 10 mins is up & goes to sleep LOL Today she pottied at 10 am...I had her out at 11 am we worked 30 mins on her fetching Different Named articles & in between her playing LOL at NOON I Still took her out again to potty!! At 4 pm we going out side to practice her walking on loose leash & play for about an hour! GEEE she got some hard life!! BUT that dont mean that as soon as her paws hit the dang carpet or anything cloth she Still will PEE! Its like bells go off in her head! AND I talked to a Pap breed that has Champion Paps NOT her breeder ANYway this breeder says she uses Cloth Pads in her dogs crates ALL the time & Not once has Any peed on her Carpet! Katie my Corgi Poties on Papers in a certain Location in the apt IF there IS a newspaper laying ANywhere Else in the apt she has NEVER peed on it! So I really havent a Clue WHY with Lady-Bug clothe Anywhere means to her ..Gota Go! And Stores have Carpets! So yes I need to figure this out Before she will be considered a Service Dog!
I DID read what you said. First you said she was in her crate 23 hours a day.

Quote:
Because the Breeder Allowed the litter to Poop & Pee on Towels & Blankets instead of paper/grass or dirt til she was 4 months old. Everytime I Think she stopped she starts again. My Apt is Wall to Wall Carpet! Because of this she spends 23 hours a day in crate! I just sooo Flustrated UGH
THEN you said you let her out 10 mins every 2 hours.

Quote:
10 mins every 2 hrs is all I can trust her! This doesnt count the pretty days we sit outside for an hour LOL Worries me those days are getting fewer. Was hoping by now she have the Normal freedom of the apt. Everyone says she get there...days like today I love to know When
Right after the 10 minutes every 2 hours you do say you let her out other times. But it is confusing to go back and forth back and forth trying to decide what the problem is with your pupdog. I'd say it is lack of consistency, simple as that.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I missed that she wasn't spade, yet. But that would make sense. Spaying might work wonders...
No she not spayed...not sure that make a difference since except for Katie being spayed at 2 yrs NONE of my females were spayed none pottied in the house. They were Donimate females & mommas!
Lady-Bug hasnt had her 1st heat yet so at this point I check her daily.... Tons of Large Males live here Last thing I need is her to get preggers by these Labs & shepherd mutts! I could see her having some cute pups by the JRT...but dang hes fixed

Noo When she goes into heat then she wont be able to outside for a least a month meaning More confinement BTW being in heat doent mean crate! Crate means she still potting on carpet! Females in heat dont bother me...

Old 11-15-2011, 03:21 PM

Well EVERY 2 Hrs IS her potty schedule Regardless of what I doing or she doing! BUT I also Never thought she still be in a crate! Katie only used her crate when I was asleep or out shopping & ONLY cause she thought my books were fair game for shredding! Once I cough her a few times I only used the crate when I was out AT 6 months old I Tossed it in the trash! She Never been in a crate since! Not even when she was spayed! I took her to vet he spayed her & before she was fully awake she was home! BTW I got her at 4 months.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:33 PM

5,210 posts, read 9,111,384 times
Quote:

Noo When she goes into heat then she wont be able to outside for a least a month meaning More confinement BTW being in heat doent mean crate! Crate means she still potting on carpet! Females in heat dont bother me...
It might be a whole lot easier if you got her spade. At least you wouldn't be dealing with her going into heat and it would be easier to keep her training consistent. Going for walks one week, then suddenly confining her indoors while she's in heat will only add to her confusion...

Aside from that, I don't know what else to suggest.

I hope you weren't serious about maybe putting her down. She's still a very young dog. A new home or a rescue might be able to explore other options with her.

Last edited by springfieldva; 11-15-2011 at 03:44 PM..

Old 11-15-2011, 03:55 PM

No Spring I was Not serious! I would Give her away Before I ever do that! That Idiot just made me mad! Calling her Dumb .. Even IF she Dumb she deserves a life! Might have to find someone in Flordia to take her tho ... Paps are Not dogs that can stand Cold weather! I already buying coats for her just so she can get out! I hate Cold!! My son Laughts at me! He thinks is funny ME Dressing a Dog!! I keep telling him in this case its like putting blanket on the horses Before they are loaded in the trailer... LOL Otherwise they didnt get blankets! [Paps dont get double coats other breeds get!]

Old 11-15-2011, 04:54 PM

For those that Dont understant the Litterbox training ... check this out
Braylor's Papillons: Litter Pan & Doggy Dor Training AS You can SEE These Pups Were given a choice & Guidance by the Breeder as to Where to Potty [Same as my pups when I bred] Lady-Bugs Breeder Never gave her pups a choice! 4 MONTHS of peeing/pooing on Towels & blankets in a 4x4 pen! VENT Over!

Old 11-15-2011, 05:17 PM

2,192 posts, read 6,214,744 times
Quote:
Shes Healthy! No problems there! No its not the litterbox...she uses it fine. I have it lined with newspapers. I seen her potty & then turn around & pull the papers up & Cover the poo! Then she sits & looks like....LOOK What I did LOL When she uses the one in the crate she does the same thing but whines to get me to come look! Wish she Wine BEFORE she did it so I could take her out LOL When she goes on cloth she just goes no warning no wining after...like she doesnt care one way or the other. NO I
Have Never Punished her! Figure IF I did that she start Hiding her poo behind stuff! IF I Catch her & am close I just pick her up & place her in the litter box! IF she was Picking 1 place on the carpet or sniffing Before she did it I 1....move the litterbox to the spot 2 Reclean the area really really good! But she dont!
Carpet is NEW So I know its not from prevous pets in the apt either.

You are not a breeder because if you were you would know that you never allow your dog to crap where they sleep and are crated.

The best advice I can give you is to never own another dog because you clearly don't know what you're doing.

busta

Old 11-15-2011, 05:20 PM

2,192 posts, read 6,214,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post
I DID read what you said. First you said she was in her crate 23 hours a day.

THEN you said you let her out 10 mins every 2 hours.

Right after the 10 minutes every 2 hours you do say you let her out other times. But it is confusing to go back and forth back and forth trying to decide what the problem is with your pupdog. I'd say it is lack of consistency, simple as that.

Bingo

busta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs