U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 03:49 PM

29,988 posts, read 37,103,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Yep, our name is on everything. Actually, I think the rescue's name is on everything.

I think daughter feels the same but she's torn. She knows he cares about the dog and she doesn't like confrontation. He's still texting and harassing her about it. I keep telling her to give him my number. He's more than welcome to call me but he won't. He knows he can manipulate her. Me..........not so much. LOL

Honestly, with the texts she's forwarded to me from him, I think the only reason he wanted her back was an excuse to get to my daughter again. You should see the stuff he's sending her. One minute he wants to talk. The next she gets a picture of him and his new GF that he was living with less than two weeks after daughter moved out. Text saying it's from the new GF from his phone and saying she wants daughter to see how happy she makes him. *gag* Then text from him he misses her and wants to change. Then text that she's a horrible person and he's so happy they split up. Good grief. Grow up. So I think she just wanted him to have her back so he had no reason to contact her again. When he packed her things he added some of his clothes and a picture of him. She had a guy friend take them all back to him. LOL I think he's just beating her down. Told her to change her phone number and block him on Facebook. Doesn't need such childish antics from him.
I know from your posts you have a huge heart for rescuing dogs. It sounds like you need to be rescuing your daughter from making more bad choices, and from this creepy ex-fiance and his father, with all due respect. Be over protective with her!

Just a thought, but, if you are able to find the dog you are calling your "grand puppy" a good home; that would eliminate a reason for the manipulative "ex" to get in touch with your daughter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 03:50 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,982,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnKK View Post
How would you like to call this jerk your son in law? What if he had gotten your daughter pregnant? Is this how he would treat a child? You are a good person and are entitled by love to keep this lucky dog...lucky to have you in her life. Your daughter has one screw loose ....can't pick boyfriends to save her soul.
Wow. Thanks for making a highly judgmental call about someone you don't know. Guess every person in your past has been stellar??

She doesn't have a screw loose at all. He was a nice kid when they started dating. During the course of the relationship his real side came out. She is a good person and tried to work through issues with him. It just wasn't meant to be. He was diagnosed with some psych issues a while back which explained a lot. She was ready to leave then but didn't want people thinking she left because of them.

Quote:
I know from your posts you have a huge heart for rescuing dogs. It sounds like you need to be rescuing your daughter from making more bad choices, and from this creepy ex-fiance and his father, with all due respect. Be over protective with her!
Seeing as how she's nearly 20 years old I can't really do anything. She makes her own decisions. She's too kind hearted and she knows it. I'm hoping that after the abysmal failure that this relationship turned into she'll make sure she knows someone longer before dating them. She knows I'm always here for advice but I don't make rules for her. She's a lot like me and won't learn from anyone else's lessons; she has to figure it out on her own. She managed to figure this out. Just hope next time she does it faster...........or that there isn't a next time!

Old 11-14-2011, 05:06 PM

6,591 posts, read 20,715,536 times
wow to allthe people bashing this young lady...
were you never in your 20's and inlove? you make stupid choices...you stay because you hope you can change him, or things could go backto how they were in the beginning ect, blah blah blah...
i was in a 5 yr relationship that was amazing for the first 3-4 years, somwehre in the 4yr mark things changed but i held out because i remebered how good it had been...
and while i think she should block this looser from her life, shes an ADULT and its her call...mommy cant save her she has to do it alone...when shes ready shell clear this guy from her life but untill then its all up to her, mommy is there for her when she needs it, but kinda cant ground her and take her phone and computer away at her age now can ya?!

but all thats completly OT...
keep the pup, rehome the pup, that my dear is your call, you know what you can handle...and i know from your posts here you WILL do whats right not only for yourselves but the dog too.

if it wasnt the dog he was harassing her over, belive me...he'll find something else as a "reason"

Old 11-14-2011, 07:50 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,982,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post

if it wasnt the dog he was harassing her over, belive me...he'll find something else as a "reason"
My thoughts exactly. And I told her as much. And I think she knows and that was part of the reason she wanted to give her back. To give him anything to get her to leave her be.

The good news is she's going on vacation with us soon. Will be far away for a couple weeks and he won't be able to harass her. She's got a guy she's been friends with for YEARS and dated her freshman year of high school that's interested in dating again. She's kicking the idea around. Think she's a bit gun shy.

Grandpuppy will stay. She's really turned into a good dog. And she's great for keeping Randy worn out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or