Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 08:42 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,015 times

Advertisements

This tree-climbing lab mutt thinks she's a cat!
Attached Thumbnails
Is your dog part cat?-img_0022.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 09:15 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,044,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
i swear i think our 6 month old puppy is part cat. She arches her back and stretches like a cat, she rubs up against our legs like a cat, she pounces after a laser light beam just like a cat....

She barks, walks on a leash, does her business outside, wags her tail like dogs do.

She's a character, no doubt about it. Any other cat-dogs out there?
ditto!

Old 11-14-2011, 09:29 PM

1,253 posts, read 3,633,972 times
Spanky stretches like a cat..but Diesel, now Diesel, he walks like a cat. What I mean is that, when he walks, his shoulders move like a cat, not like a dog's. He has huge shoulders. Looks like he goes to the gym and works out, big guy! You know when you watch a large cat such as a puma or panther (from above) and watch them walk? Looking at Diesel from above and his shoulders move the same way. It's pretty cool!

I don't own a cat, haven't for many years...

Old 11-15-2011, 07:11 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,932,925 times
My dachshund stretches out on the sunny spot on the kitchen floor like a cat. As the sun moves, he moves. If he is really tired, he doesn't even really get up to move, he just scooches over to stay in the sunbeam.

And yes - we call him a CatDog!

Old 11-16-2011, 06:55 AM

17,366 posts, read 16,511,485 times
It's good to know that there are others out there - LOL. It's not just us!

Old 11-16-2011, 10:38 AM

2,709 posts, read 6,314,495 times
My dog is all dog -- but I used to have a cat who was part dog!! He was "Ted the Dog-Cat."

Old 11-16-2011, 11:37 AM

31 posts, read 89,265 times
My 75lb female catahoula puppy thinks she is a cat, will climb on the couch, climb and walk on the back cushions and jump from the couch edge to the recliner not understanding that a 75lb dog is not what people want landing in there lap. If our oak tree was bigger, both her and her brother would climb it.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:55 AM

1 posts, read 971 times
Post Puppy Cats...

We have two puppies we adopted at 8 weeks. Although we know their Mom is a Rat Terrier we don't kbow who Dad was. The 'Boys' are two of seven - all different in color and shape. Our Oliver is beige and white, shirt legged, built like a line backer and quiet as a cat. Cooper is black and white, long and lean and 'super' hyper - a definate"dog" - a good dog! While they both have the same markings and are inseperatable, Oliver is for sure a good "puppy cat"!
Oliver plays like a cat, lounges and cleans himself like a cat and pounces like a cat... He sits, observes and glides through the house while Cooper practally bounces off the walls.
We actually had DNA tests done jokingly expecting to find out that Oliver is 'for sure' part cat. He even hunts like a lion!! Cooper has additional traits which explains his 'hyperness' - they both have boxer and yorkie in them. Which explains my 'puppy cat's' shortness and need to guard 'everything' in the house as if he was protecting his fortress! 'Very' territorial... Like a cat!! Still not convienced that Oliver definately has some cat type in his bloodline. But not 'house cat' - more like lion or panther- he lurks through the garden - 'forest' - like he's on a hunt.. then he just 'pounces' his brother!!
They are two 'funny funny' puppies!!!

Old 08-23-2013, 09:46 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
My pug would wash her face like a cat... a trait that she picked up from my cat Spot.

Otherwise, my cat Odo wants to be a dog. He sleeps with them and wants to be part of their pack.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:02 AM

589 posts, read 1,347,437 times
We had a cat who thought she was a dog. Refused to eat tuna or any other fish, refused to drink milk or cream, and the most important part.... she would always come when called!

We now have a dog who is part cat. She self grooms, licking her paws, using her paws to clean her face, LOVES tuna and cat food, digs in the dirt with her back paws to cover her waste, lots of feline features. Okay, much of that are also breed traits, (she's an Akita) but it's still fun to watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs