U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 04:28 AM

16,649 posts, read 26,620,346 times

Advertisements

I'm so sorry, Jan. I was, quite literally, crying when I read your last two paragraphs. I imagine that you had a rough night and that breaks my heart even more.

Big warm hugs from me to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 04:55 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,308,952 times
Oh Dash, I am truly sorry for you and beautiful Phoenix. May Creator take her with love and gentleness. And my your heart be soothed knowing you gave her a wonderful life
Hugs my friend .. I am thinking of you .

Old 12-07-2011, 05:57 AM

9,352 posts, read 16,771,427 times
no words are adequate......

bailey and dave and roxie and charlie and now chico (story for another day) and i are sending love and support.....

jazz has had a wonderful life filled with love and safety and goodness with your parents and you..... we hope that that will bring you some small comfort in this difficult time.....

((((hugs)))) to you and yours.....

Old 12-07-2011, 06:44 AM

24,843 posts, read 32,298,423 times
What to say???

I never know.

Just know you are being thought of with love and respect.

((((hugs))))

Old 12-07-2011, 09:16 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,309 posts, read 11,156,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
I have had better days. While I have managed to get some baby food down Phoenix and her labs were a tad better yesterday the food made her poop and it is like black tar so she has a GI bleed probably a gastric ulcer from the kidney issues so while she spent the day at the vets again getting treatment and is home for the evening unless there is some miracle tonight I think I will call it quits. This is no fun her or me. I have not decided if I will take her in tomorrow or Thursday and say good bye but I see no point in continuing with the treatments as I think we are beyond the point where we can turn her around. It has just been one thing after another and she is too weak as she is now 27lbs ( as a healthy dog she was about 48 lbs)

It is breaking my heart despite my knowing that two prior owners threw her away and because I noticed her 10 yrs ago at the Humane society when I was not even looking for another dog as I had two she ended up being loved and having a life many dogs never have. She is a dog that when I met her something in our two spirits connected and I could not get her out of my mind or heart as she tugged so hard on my heart strings that I decided yes I could do 3 dogs.

No she is nothing like my once in a life time dog my Jazz but her sweet gentle soul touched me so deeply so now my heart breaks knowing I will be saying good bye and never hear her huffing in excitement on the way to the dog park, have her shove the bathroom door open any time I did not close it tight just to make sure I was OK,open a door and have to shove her weight with it as she slept against doors so she knew if I came or went, watch her run from person to person at the dog park looking for me if we got seperated or just have her track me with her only eye that sees. It was as if in her silent word she had some 6th sense the rest of us lack so knew so much.

I can't say it enough times but if anyone is ever considering adopting a deaf and or vision limited dog like so many of the homozygous merle aussies , bordercollies, cattle dogs, collies or shelties are do it as they are such special beings and they will amaze you.... you will forget they have a handicap. I am blessed to have known such a dog . Phoenix is a very special dog and she will take a large piece of my heart with her.

Tonight I ask God to please just take her in her sleep and let her transition to her next phase of life at home where she knows love.
I don't visit the dog forum much, but today I popped in and this post breaks my heart. Sending you and Phoenix hugs and prayers.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:27 PM

4,705 posts, read 10,126,357 times
A sweet gentle goofy soul left earth today and I hope is now with other souls that loved her. R.I. P. my sweet sweet Phoenix.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:59 PM

6,307 posts, read 7,425,675 times
I'll hug my pal Kizzy a little tighter tonight. We wish you comfort and strength to get through this tough time. It's never easy, of course, but I do believe that there is comfort in knowing that she had a good life and was truly loved.

As you go through this, remember that grief is proof that we have loved and been loved.

Old 12-09-2011, 04:16 AM

16,649 posts, read 26,620,346 times
Oh, Jan, even though we knew it was coming, it doesn't make it easier to read this news. I'm so sorry.

She's not in pain anymore. She's young and happy and frolicking with her friends. And you gave her THE BEST life. The absolute best. Know that. Remember that. Treasure that.

Again, I'm so sorry.

xo

Old 12-09-2011, 06:35 AM

1,457 posts, read 3,447,611 times
I'm so, so sorry dashdog. You did everything for Phoenix you could and you knew it was the right time for her to go. My heart breaks for you and I'm crying with you. Rest in peace sweet Phoenix

Old 12-09-2011, 06:39 AM

36,474 posts, read 43,566,158 times
my condolences as well. You must be exhausted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or