U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 09:30 AM

1,457 posts, read 3,447,095 times

Advertisements

He is so darn cute!! I can't believe how much he's grown! You've done an amazing job getting his health in check, and sounds like you still have a short road ahead of you still. Glad you're keeping him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 10:30 AM

6,591 posts, read 20,707,191 times
lol it was touch and go at first as to wether hed become a perminent member of the family lol, but he managed to win his place lol.

definatly got a road ahead still but well travel it together

too him for a walk to the post office this morning and i have to say for an 8 week old pup he is AMAZING on leash...he keeps a little behind on loose leash, just have to watch him for crossing over, he tends to switch sides behind me and while i want him to learn to walk on both sides, i dont want him getting in the habit of crossing over without permission.
otherwise though, kept pace kept focus loose leash the only time i had to give him a light tug was when a large truck passed behind us on the main road that spooked him but he recoverednicely and straight back to side.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:19 PM

5,240 posts, read 13,979,023 times
No tick prevention with the AM. We haven't had ticks here for the last couple years though so we've been lucky. The first two years there were so many that you couldn't walk across our property with them crawling all over you. Bought chickens and voila - ticks gone! I had heard they ate them but had no clue they'd get rid of them that fast. Or perhaps it was strictly a fluke, but haven't had problems since.

I've been so tempted to use the ivomec. A friend that has Pyrs uses it for hers. SO many times I've picked it up at the vet and then put it back. I'll have to get the breakdown and try it out if we don't stay with the AM.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:05 PM

1,253 posts, read 3,026,647 times
Foxy, great news on the leash work! Ah but we knew he had it in him and with you, well he couldn't be in better hands.

Questions about your little man, does he snore? What about snoring with his eyes open? Have you notice snorting? I know he's young and it may not develop until he's older.

Because the Am Bulldogs are cousins to the English Bulldogs, breathing issues are shared. Snoring, loud breathing, etc., both Spanky and Diesel share these qualities of their English cousins.

Just wondering if he (Dozer) is snoring or snorting?

Old 12-04-2011, 08:41 AM

he snores if he lays in certain positions, generally if he has his head resting on something and it puts pressure on his throat (his choice lol) or if he lays on his side/back he'll start snoring...

the corso blood could help with it a little with him simply due to their muzzle type, no awake snoring yet but hes got plenty of growing left to do, he doesnt seem at this point to be overly short in the muzzle (mother was definatly not a true johnson type from the picture) but he does have a very wide upper palet so were not sure which direction he'll take at this point lol.

he does snort some though when he gets realy into a game, grunts like a piggy sometimes too lol.

i think he might be hitting a growth spurt soon...his food consumption has gone up quite a bit this past few days, now he eats a good 1/4 a can of wet food AND about 1/2 a cup of dry in the mornings, before the 1/4 a can of wet was more than enough lol.
im not restricting food at this point for the dry but watching te wet simply due to extra calories...
cant wait to switch to raw but store bought meat is sooo expensive and so loaded with junk...
gotta get set up for those rabbits.

mrs1885, im hoping for the same result re the ticks around here, ive got plans for chickens and guinnea hens in the spring the guinnea are tick eating machines but tend to be a little less than smart lol) theyll eat fleas too, so im hopign they will help especially since i was pre-warned as to how bad ticks can be around TN lol.

definatly going to go with the advantage for the cats and try the advantix for the dogs and see what happens...*fingers crossed*
Ive pulled a couple young fleas off dozer this past few days and there definatly quite a bit more lethargic than the ones a few days ago so im hoping thats the DE at work. and here i was thinking the worms were going to be the tough ones to get rid of lol.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:08 PM

well i figure i owe an update...hes growing like a weed!

10 weeks old now and 13 1/2 lbs on wednesdays weigh in

Old 12-16-2011, 07:35 PM

7,330 posts, read 13,167,971 times
My, what big feet you have, Dozer! Long legs too, and he's so filled out. He looks just wonderful. And cute as ever!

Old 12-16-2011, 07:44 PM

581 posts, read 1,035,582 times
So cute. I love the one mostly black ear and one mostly white one. Adorable!

Old 12-16-2011, 07:58 PM

9,352 posts, read 16,768,849 times
too cute for words.... and i notice those feet too..... he sure has turned into a stocky little fella!!

Old 12-16-2011, 08:24 PM

3,181 posts, read 7,022,099 times
Just died from cuteness! Thanks for the update and the great photos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs