Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 08:57 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times

Advertisements

I'll add a story about my mother in law's dog. She used to do daycare at her home. We gave her a St Bernard puppy for Christmas one year in the 80's. He was the cutest little guy you ever saw. Well he grew to be around 180 lbs. His favorite place was in the breezeway between the house and garage because it was usually cool in there. One day the daycare kids were out waiting for the school bus when a neighbors dog got out of his kennel. This dog was mean and was barking and snarling at the kids. The kids were very frightened. BO (the St Bernard) went right through the closed screen door without hesitation and through the underground fence (which gave him quite a shock) and kicked that dog's butt. My mother in law said the last thing she saw was BO chasing that dog down the highway. He came back a little while later and sat at the end of the driveway for her to come take his collar off so he could come back in. What a great dog, he actually gave you a hug when you came to her house, he was that big. He would get up on his hind legs and put his big old paws on your shoulder and just hug you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 08:19 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmama50 View Post
Did you read the article? Not sure what you are talking about, it's about a dog rescuing kittens that were tossed on the road by a bad person, not a dog biting anyone or anything.
yes i did. i agree. a beautiful article well worth reading-- sometimes animals do things that surpass all logic and normal animal behavior. better than most humans at times.
however the OP was not a dog story, it compared human and animal behavior.
so did i.
the 2 Rottweilers

that almost ripped me up at starbucks this morning and the gangbangers hanging out outside at the same, were both on the same plain, no better no worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs