Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 05:24 AM

1,568 posts, read 3,227,425 times

Advertisements

We rent to dog owners....we ask for a non refundable deposit. At the end of the day, I'd check with my landlord first and then make your decision from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 06:34 AM

1,188 posts, read 5,534,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDASpaceman View Post
We rent to dog owners....we ask for a non refundable deposit. At the end of the day, I'd check with my landlord first and then make your decision from there.
Why a non-refundable deposit? I've never understood this logic especially when people like us (when we did rent) would never leave any damage behind. Matter of fact, we always left the rental in better shape than when we moved in. It was almost like a penalty for just renting with our pets. We never minded if reasonable part of the deposit went to carpet cleaning or pest control but that's a small portion of the non-refundable deposit people typically ask for. We were willing to put a large deposit down, but always felt a large percentage should be returned to us upon the determination of no damage.

We are fortunate we always had wonderful landlords during our renting days. We always had our deposits returned. At that time, we only rented with cats. I would just encourage people to talk to future landlords and put together the portfolio I suggested in a previous post within this topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs