Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2011, 07:04 PM

20,271 posts, read 37,040,759 times

Advertisements

This is Abbie, a Lab/Rott mix, that behaves much like a Lab: friendly to the mail or UPS man, to kids, or anybody who is friendly toward her. She sometimes wants to get in the UPS truck and leave for a ride, specially if the driver gives her a treat

Anyway, here is the recipe:

INGREDIENTS
Canned salmon, or fresh salmon if you have that
Flour
Eggs
Olive oil
Smart Balance (fake butter, but you can use regular butter if you like)
Grated cheese

Since I always have fresh salmon fillets (initially frozen, but thawed for this meal), I used this instead. I cooked it for a few minutes in a frying pan (about six minutes on each side). Then I mixed the ingredients in a bowl, except for the olive oil. I used the oil to lubricate the baking pan.

Also, I used 2 eggs, 1 tablespoon Smart Balance, 1 cup flower, about 1-1/2 pounds of salmon. The idea is to mash the ingredients into a thick paste that's similar to bread dough. So, you can improvise with the ingredients to get the right consistency.

The next step was to oil the pan with the olive oil (you can use parchment paper if you prefer), and then to pour in the mixed ingredients into the pan. I flattened the mixture with my hand to about 1/2" in thickness, and put the pan in a 350-degree preheated oven for about 30 minutes.

When done, use a pizza cutter or a knife to cut the food into small squares. Keep it refrigerated.

By the time I got Abbie's food out of the oven, there was doggy slobber all over the kitchen floor. She drools like crazy

This food smelled so good that I had to steal a couple of bites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 08:03 PM

3,604 posts, read 9,037,939 times
She's very pretty! Sounds like a yummy treat, I would have to try a bite too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs