U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 06:53 PM

6,591 posts, read 20,659,700 times

Advertisements

lol, im in trouble then, im 27 and having those moments...i "lost" dozer a coupe of weeks ago before i put the gate on the bedroom...he ws too quiet and id had to run out the front door to grab a package. i freeked out...he MUST have gotten out...it wasnt too long after me entering panic mode that i had to get my jacket fomr the bedroom, and there he was curled up in some clothes on the floor...

i told him to never frighten mommy like that again...2 days later i locked the cat in the bathroom and didnt realize untill she started wailing about 2 hours later lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 06:59 PM

7,330 posts, read 13,140,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
she started wailing about 2 hours later lol
Two hours later. This is the part I don't understand. None of my animals have ever hesitated to speak up about anything, except for accidentally getting closed up in a room. Even the barkiest boy I ever had wouldn't say a word. When I would finally open the door, he'd always be sitting right on the other side with a pathetic look on his face.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:05 PM

6,591 posts, read 20,659,700 times
i know right, these cats arnt exactly "quiet" cats, they complain if their food isnt quite the right temperature lol...
but lock em in the bathroom and aparently they forget how their voices work LOL!

Old 12-23-2011, 09:22 PM

5,706 posts, read 8,099,817 times
Only once has something like that happened to us. The cat went missing for two days. Thought for sure he'd gotten out of the house and went on his merry way.

Nope, he was found in the dryer after 48 hours or so. How he got in there and why he never meowed is still a mystery.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:47 PM

43,012 posts, read 91,864,333 times
I once had a cat that went missing for days after we just moved into a new apartment. I was frantically looking through all of the boxes thinking that their tops had collapsed and she fell inside. No kitty. I finally gave up searching for her, assuming she was lost. Then I started unpacking. I opened a kitchen drawer to put utensils away, and there she was curled up in an empty kitchen drawer. They'd never been opened. I figured out she must have found hidden access into the cabinet and climbed up into the drawer from the inside. She really wasn't stuck. She wanted to be there.

I think it's funny that so many of your pets don't say a word when they get closed in. My dogs ONLY bark when they ARE closed somewhere. LOL

Old 12-24-2011, 08:47 AM

4,695 posts, read 10,101,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post

Our dogs try to trick us. Carrying their dishes around like they're starving. I live with furry liars.

Iam so glad I use heavy ceramic dog bowls or Piglet opps I mean Chaos would be carrying her dish around all day asking for food
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs