U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2017, 02:15 PM

5 posts, read 26,290 times

Advertisements

Dear Southward Bound,

I first found you on page 3 of this thread back in April 2013 when our Portuguese water dog Bella was diagnosed with spindle cell sarcoma. We are the commercial fishing family from Rhode Island. You were a wealth of information on holistic diets and nutrition and soooo happy to see you still helps others who have just randomly googled spindle cell sarcoma and found you. Bella went on a completely homemade clean diet with her first surgery in April 2013 but unfortunately had another lump removal surgery in the fall of 2013. In the spring of 2014 we adopted a beautiful four-year-old Kerry blue terrier girl named Blu ❤️. Unbeknownst to us, Bellaís cancer had metastasized internally and we lost her suddenly just days after adopting Blu. Bella was a once-in-a-lifetime Dog and her final gift to us was Blu.
So now over 3 1/2 years later I sit in complete awe and shock ....when I just got the call from the vet that Bluís needle aspiration came back positive with spindle cell sarcoma. When the lump on her leg first appeared last month ...I Thought NO WAY. No way in hell is it the same thing!!!
Obviously right away I thought it was environmental but my vet assures me itís very common.....but Iíve never heard of it in anyone elseís dogs except for mine and the people in this post !!!! Seriously what are the odds ?!?!?!?
My food challenges are so much harder because Blu suffers from chronic urinary track infections and bladder stones. So itís been 3 1/2 years of anabioticís ....crazy food formulas and now I am really at my wits end. The only thing that has helped reduce her bladder stones in the past has been the prescribed science diet formula that she can only stay on short term.
I donít even know where to begin .......
But just being able to type all this out to you and people who understand what spindle cell sarcoma is like..makes me feel a little better.
Heartbroken in the Ocean State,
Fishwife
Attached Thumbnails
Any experience with spindle cell turmors, please?-81bd5b12-1496-4f14-823b-381677e87751.jpeg   Any experience with spindle cell turmors, please?-c4353349-0c4f-4508-bf9e-96fd0651050f.jpeg  
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 08:00 AM

2 posts, read 1,328 times
Default Spindle cell tumors

My otherwise healthy 10 year old English Springer Spaniel has a Spindle cell tumor on his forearm (wrist area) that has opened. He's newly diagnosed and is right now going through a surgical biopsy to confirm whether or not it is indeed this type of tumor but they are pretty sure it is. That said this tumor has opened and is pretty nasty. Has anyone used Cryosurgery for removal of this type of tumor. I understand because of the location of tumor that this might be the way to go.

Old 04-11-2018, 09:30 AM

1 posts, read 630 times
We have a 13 y/o English Pointer who has a small spindle cell on her leg they're going to remove it 4/12/18. I'm so scared for her and what the outcome will be and then the decision of what to do for her.

Someone said on here that carbs feed the tumors so what carbs are we talking about the dry dog foods, treats?

Old 04-12-2018, 06:39 AM

2 posts, read 1,328 times
I am happy to report that my Springer's tumor was indeed cancerous but was the kind that doesn't spread, very low grade. That said it was removed totally. It was weeks of weekly bandage changes but all done now and he is good as new. He is on grain free food, including treats.
Good luck to you, I hope the outcome is a positive one.

Old 05-18-2018, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 558 times
My 11 year old dog was just recently diagnosed with spindle cell tumor and I too would like to know your holistic supplements.

Old 05-30-2018, 02:14 PM

2 posts, read 1,040 times
Hi all. I have been reading through so many of these posts and educating myself with the information and life experiences you and our fur babies have been through. I will continue to read,.

Old 05-30-2018, 02:24 PM

2 posts, read 1,040 times
We have a 13year and 7month young boxer. She was diagnosed with spindle cell in Jan2017 on her front leg. It was removed but unfortunately good margins could not be obtained and our vet said the maximum was taken before damage to the leg would occur, so we prayed for no recurrence. In the may 2017 she had another lump on her stomach, (no signs on the leg) we had this removed with good margins. In the Nov 2027 a small lump reappeared on her leg, to say we were devastated is an understatement. Since April 2018 it seems to be growing it is 20cm right around the leg, it being very soft. Amputation not an option due to age and muscle waste in her back legs. Chemo no my vet did not advise. Now with it growing I have introduced antioxidants like spinach and broccoli. Also she’s on golden paste and we have just started IP6gold. She is full of life and still loves to run. I’m considering de-bulking but our vet advised that it would come back faster. After reading so many success stories on here makes me rethink the decision. Me and my Tizer are looking for adventure ce.

Old 06-20-2018, 07:32 PM

1 posts, read 473 times
Thumbs up Quick Question

I hope everything is going ok. I have a 9 year old Min-pin and we were told she has Spindle Cell Sarcoma. We had two tumors removed from her anus and she seems fine except for the scar tissue. Hard time with bowel movements. Do you have the name of a good holistic vet. And can you tell me what the new med you are trying is called.

Thank you for any thing you can tell me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
beezermommy, I'm sorry to hear of your beagle's illness. I wish you some more good years with him.

We were told the only way to get the entire tumor was to amputate his leg, then follow up with twice weekly radiation. At his age, we weren't going to do that to him. After extensive consultations with top people in the field (univ vet school too), and holistic vets, we opted for the holistic route to keep him happy and comfortable as long as we could. I had lost track of his age, but looked it up in his records. I thought he was 11 going on 12, but actually he was 14 at time of diagnosis. He turned 15 this spring, which is pretty good age for a lab! He used to be on tramadol, but hasn't needed it since we started holistic treatments. I cook for him, since the high quality kibble we fed, though low in grains, still had some grains. Carbs feed cancer, so he is off all carbs. He gets a combination of anti-inflammatory vegetables and fish or beef or both. Chicken is very inflammatory (as is all poultry). His body support supplements, a mix of traditional and Chinese herbals, are all lined up on the kitchen counter, handy for meal preparation. He eats well, is in good spirits, energy levels are those of a pup. He gets B12 injections when needed, occasional accupuncture, homeopathic meds. It's been 7 months since the diagnosis, and we were told he probably had 6 months at the most. So far, so good. Every day that he can catch a tennis ball, romp in the grass and beg a bone is a good day. He even likes to play with our other dogs.

We have added a new med (holistic) which has shown in recent studies to actually shrink a tumor. We'll see how that goes.

I hope your baby does well. Since your vet couldn't get all of the tumor (it's very difficult to get it all), see if you have a holistic vet in your area. A consult is worth it. Perhaps you can keep the tumor confined, or keep it from regrowing. Remember, something as simple as eliminating bad carbs can help! If you want to know more about holistic treatments, send me a dm. I'll send you specifics that you can discuss with your vet. Good luck and God bless.

Old 07-28-2018, 05:52 AM

1 posts, read 400 times
I am so sorry to hear all of these very sad stories. I have a 4 year old pug who was recently diagnosed with spindle cell carcinoma in her jaw. My only option is to surgically remove her jaw. I won’t do this to her. She’s on Tramadol for pain and Prednisone to reduce swelling. She doesn’t seem to be in pain, she’s eating, drinking and playful. She’s the love of my life and my family and I are devastated. I don’t know how much time we have with her. Praying for a miracle.

Old 08-08-2018, 03:56 PM

1 posts, read 370 times
I need some help please. My 12 year old female boxer has recently been diagnosed with spindle cell. Twice the vet tried to surgically remove the lump but her heart rate dropped too dramatically and the vet would not proceed. The lump is on her stomach and growing quite fast. Is there any advise for me? She's fit and healthy and very active still. She does not seem bothered by this lump at all. Her daughter is 10 and I'm concerned that she might go the same route. Is there anything I can do to stunt this lump's growth? Appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs