U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2012, 08:21 PM

244 posts, read 286,531 times

Advertisements

I came home on a Monday to find a form/letter with my address on it requiring me to reginster my dog in Orange County, CA. I had moved from San Diego County where my dog is registered last year, so yes, they are correct in that I needed to register her in OC.

I live in an apartment complex where my dog was accepted. Her breed, weight, color, and everything is noted.

Do they have people going around putting these letters on the door? Do they visit the leasing office and get the list of residents who own a dog?

I just found that a little odd that they didn't just mail the letter to me. The form was open with an envelope attached to it so that anyone who came up to my door would have seen this. I will be registeing her online and pay the fee, but I just wondered if it's a common practice. I've owned my dog for the past 5 years and this is the first time anything like this happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 06:59 AM

36,470 posts, read 43,481,684 times
Try posting this in orange County CA forum.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:48 PM

6,591 posts, read 20,663,842 times
im not in your area so i cant tell you, mabe its normal for your area but ive never heard of that before.
generally "in person" visits are limited to complaints (ac doesnt exactly have all day just wandering fom place to place checking licensing tags ect)...so id be wondering if somoe might have filed a report...or perhaps when you movd and filed a change of adrss the town contacted your new town, i dunno but it sounds a little odd to me.

Old 01-11-2012, 01:25 PM

4,919 posts, read 19,757,159 times
A couple of possibilities:
1. The property managers may be required by law to report all "unregistered" in that county pets to the county and the form letter are sent to the PMC for distribution to tenants.
2. Similar to number 1 the county delivers the notices to your door.
3. The PMC has these forms and are required to complete and deliver them to the affected tenants and notify the county.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:45 PM

6,472 posts, read 9,874,961 times
My local ac (IVHS based in Pomona, CA) will do a "sweep" every couple of years or so. They've left me a notice because one my dogs, rabies cert was due to expire soon after the next license was due. Also, they heard more dogs barking than what I had registered. I hate when they do that. I had my own 2 dogs and I also had my friend's dog (friend on vacation). They came back to see about the extra dog. Just had to show them a current license for that dog.

Yeah, it's a normal thing.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:55 PM

43,012 posts, read 91,876,136 times
It's not normal in my world.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:27 PM

244 posts, read 286,531 times
It could be anything, but I registered her online so it won't happen again. Downstairs neighbor has 2 big dogs that are loud and bark constantly while the owner is out, and the next door neighbor has a small dog that howls while the owner is out... I doubt anyone complained about mine but who knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or