Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 09:10 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,263,482 times

Advertisements

Katy, I had to keep harping on a point - but please tell neighbor to stop breeding - I'd prefer they stop for all time, but at least a year. That soil can hold these viruses for months and months and months, and they will surely lose another litter. Or more. This is a very dangerous thing if left unchecked. If I were you, when the time is right and the virus has run it's course and been bleached to death in your own home, I would seriously consider a COE breeder, or at least a reputable rescue. There are some things money can't buy, and good health based on a check and a handshake isn't one of them. Peace again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 07:36 AM

11 posts, read 33,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Katy, I had to keep harping on a point - but please tell neighbor to stop breeding - I'd prefer they stop for all time, but at least a year. That soil can hold these viruses for months and months and months, and they will surely lose another litter. Or more. This is a very dangerous thing if left unchecked. If I were you, when the time is right and the virus has run it's course and been bleached to death in your own home, I would seriously consider a COE breeder, or at least a reputable rescue. There are some things money can't buy, and good health based on a check and a handshake isn't one of them. Peace again.
sorry, it took me so long to respond, still thank you for your answers and concern. Very much appreciated. I have quite moved on. All I remember about her is her happy moments, but as for now, I don't wanna take care of puppies yet. I cant take seeing them feel so at worst. I don't wanna lose another angel in my life.

I dunno how to upload a photo so I could share, hehe!

but i miss her. what about you? so u have any pet?

Old 02-03-2012, 09:38 AM

KBP -

If you want to upload a picture, look at the 3rd post in this thread (I think it's the 3rd - scirrocco did an excellent post on this):

http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/8...ing-posts.html

By the way, if you need to know anything - you can go to the main page and go to the bottom. There is a section on About The Forum and FAQs that will walk you through most anything!

I am glad to hear you are doing better and remembering the good times...it's so important. I can totally understand your hesitancy in caring for another pup - just please remember older dogs CAN get parvo, so if and when you decide you are ready, please be sure everything - including the yard - has been well disinfected.

Oh, yes, dear - I have many dogs - 8, to be exact - one Neopolitan Mastiff, 3 Rottweilers, a cocker spaniel, a silky terrier, a muttsky, and a Shih Tzu. If you hang on the forum or search the archives you'll find me hanging out, although most of my posts are rather dated.

Thanks for letting us know you are doing well - we look forward to hearing more from you in the future!

Old 03-17-2012, 08:51 AM

hi! It's been quite a while. Thanks for always responding to me. Now I have another problem. My 9 month dog, got accidentally pregnant by a 1 year old dog. 3 days ago, she had a miscarriage, released the poor puppies (they were 5) I feel bad for her ( Now, the problem is, today, she is ill, she seems to have a fever, she even shivers. She still bleeds a little, coming out of her V. And, it seems like she is having it hard to breath. Because, she also breath from her mouth heavily (on the sides of her mouth) I dunno what to do. I fed her liver bec.she ofcourse losses blood. What do you think I should do? I haven't gotten to the vet yet. Do you think that there's still a puppy(dead) inside her which didn't came out yet? What can "I do about this aside from going to the vet. Tomorrow, I'll be calling my vet. Thanks for the response. You've a big help to me!

Old 03-17-2012, 07:07 PM

For the love of pete, get her to an emergency vet! Katy - the dog could have hepatitis as well! It can cause hemorrhaging. Your current dog may not have had a spontaneous miscarriage, but could be HEMORRHAGING, and could be hemorrhaging internally. Or she could have a pup inside which could be necrosing and rotting and setting up it's own infection.

Plain and simple, your dog could be dying. Get on it.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:26 AM

Aww. we'll be bringing her soon.
She has fever too. I hope she gets well. But, now, slowly, she eats, but she eats fish meat, and something soft.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:27 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,809,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katybrittperry View Post
She has fever too. I hope she gets well. But, now, slowly, she eats, but she eats fish meat, and something soft.
How do you know she has a fever?

This is your reaction? Are you really that ignorant? Or just trying to get a rise here?

Old 03-18-2012, 11:44 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,592,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katybrittperry View Post
I hope to God you are an internet troll.

I have just spent approximately $1000 on my dog's medical care and my dog is likely to die anyway as she is not responding to treatment, and she is like my child and I am inconsolable, so at the risk of getting an infraction let me just say that you make me sick and sad for humanity.

You are a bad person.

TAKE YOUR DOG TO THE EMERGENCY VET

Old 03-18-2012, 11:55 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,327,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
I hope to God you are an internet troll.

I have just spent approximately $1000 on my dog's medical care and my dog is likely to die anyway as she is not responding to treatment, and she is like my child and I am inconsolable, so at the risk of getting an infraction let me just say that you make me sick and sad for humanity.

You are a bad person.

TAKE YOUR DOG TO THE EMERGENCY VET
I 100% agree with you....

I am so sorry about your dog......my dogs are my children too.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:56 PM

3 posts, read 1,789 times
hi my name is samantha and my puppy is 3 month old and got her aug 16, my mother gave her to my dugher for her birthday and 2 wk ago i came home from wrkto let her out n noticed tht she went blind n her eye,so couldnt get her to the vet rite away but it started looking better so i throught she was fine, then this past sat we came home n she was weak and couldnt stand up on her own so got really worried so i called my mom and she said she had the same problem w her puppys to then a day later she got worst so i took her to the vet yesterday and since vet cost so much i couldnt afford to much but after them looking her over they gave me few things it could b n one of of those was hep c, so i worried n feel bad for my puppy, rite now she not doing so good, she wines out and barks like she n pain, also loss of bowlmovement and urine, also sh eacts likeshe cant move, im confused n worried, they put her of antibiotic for her eye, oh also she had a fever and she was wheezzing, so i just hope she get better n tht she doesnt have hep c because it sound like it wldnt b a good thing to get rid of, please help or ne suggested wld b great. thank

Last edited by sammikat; 05-08-2012 at 07:21 PM.. Reason: mis spelled words
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs