Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2012, 01:42 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,709 times

Advertisements

I enjoyed these videos after stumbling across them this morning. Few things make me happier than watching dogs having fun. Thought I'd share the videos. Hope you enjoy them as well.

Lily at Trailside - YouTube

Downhill mountain biking at The Lookout (Swinley Forest) with Amber the Downhill Dog filmed on GoPro - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2012, 04:36 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
What a great video. I love how the dog knows all the short cuts. My 18lb Bichon/Shih Tzu mix runs with me in the summer. I usually go about 6 miles and he'll run me down if he's feeling good and I run 12 minute miles. I got a ticket once for not having him on a leash but I never worry about him straying. He stays right behind me. He's a pretty amazing little dog, he'll run better than big dogs I've seen.

Keeping up with a bicycle probably too much for him. The guy in this video seems like he could run all day.

Last edited by PullMyFinger; 02-11-2012 at 04:50 PM..

Old 02-12-2012, 07:00 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,299,015 times
Those are great videos. That second dog is an especially amazing athlete, with great reflexes as well as incredible stamina.

Running with my dog just makes me feel clumsy and out of shape. I used to be a pretty decent college distance runner (sub 32 min 10K) and while I can't do that anymore, I am still in shape. I took my 45 lb dog on an 8 mile run, and really pushed the pace. When we were done, I was panting and sweating and she looked like she wanted to do it again at a faster pace. To add insult to injury, she spent the next hour and a half sprinting around the yard with a neighbor's dog when we got home while I sipped a drink and rested.

I'm competitive and I don't like losing, so I like the idea of biking with her. I am not too proud to use a little mechanical advantage to get an edge.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:25 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistry_Guy View Post
Those are great videos. That second dog is an especially amazing athlete, with great reflexes as well as incredible stamina.

Running with my dog just makes me feel clumsy and out of shape. I used to be a pretty decent college distance runner (sub 32 min 10K) and while I can't do that anymore, I am still in shape. I took my 45 lb dog on an 8 mile run, and really pushed the pace. When we were done, I was panting and sweating and she looked like she wanted to do it again at a faster pace. To add insult to injury, she spent the next hour and a half sprinting around the yard with a neighbor's dog when we got home while I sipped a drink and rested.

I'm competitive and I don't like losing, so I like the idea of biking with her. I am not too proud to use a little mechanical advantage to get an edge.
Thanks.

I frequently run with my dogs but am nowhere close to your level of fitness (working on it but currently blaming old age and a love of beer for my dilapidated state). My dogs routinely rub my nose in my lack of fitness. I'm considering bringing my mountain bike out of retirement to give the dogs a better workout and boost my sagging ego.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:35 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
My dog runs but, I just drive the pick-up truck.

Everyday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs