Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 10:38 PM

485 posts, read 1,953,408 times

Advertisements

For happy tail, one thing may work(my late wife devised this to help our greyhound heal from getting his poor tail caught in a car door-he kept licking it.)

Cut the bottom out of a very narrow plastic bottle, like a baby bottle and fasten it in place with lots of vet wrap.

The vet really liked the idea, and used it to help other greyhounds.

Greyhounds are so limber they can get at their tails even with an Elizabethen Collar.

I love a dog with a tail, the better to see it wag!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 07:48 PM

389 posts, read 1,095,823 times
Here's my APBT, Karma, through the years:

The first day I got her and already starting some crap.

Awww. The most innocent she's ever been.

Her favorite position.

"What are looking at?"

1...2...skip a couple years:

Here's the Queen on her throne. Aka my computer chair.

She's a spoiled brat that my other dog just loves and she's got him whipped. She lays on her back while he gives her full body tongue licks and she never returns the favor. Beyotch.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:09 AM

17 posts, read 216,736 times
Well the tail question was answered correctly as far as I am concerned but I would hesitate to do it unless it was ultra bad. The tail is the APBTs attitude beacon. I watch the tail to see where his head is. And as for the ears, I would only do a trim if the pup(up to 12 weeks) had just the ugliest laying ears. My Stormy had the ugliest ears! Since I do show them, I had them properly trimmed and by a vet I have known since childhood. My boy Boss had his done before I owned him and all the rest of mine have really nice ears.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:19 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
Dakota taken last week, though a Staffordshire Bull Terrier not a ABBT or AST

Old 09-10-2008, 07:51 PM

214 posts, read 1,310,337 times
Default Az

Just the more readily available clips.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:02 PM

4 posts, read 116,736 times
Mines the cutest
Attached Thumbnails
APBT Pictures?-img_0170.jpg   APBT Pictures?-fred-sirius-1.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 10-08-2008, 01:38 PM

9 posts, read 132,357 times
Default Dre

Here are a few pics of my baby Dre. She is the sweetest dog in the world IMO
Attached Thumbnails
APBT Pictures?-dre-9months.jpg   APBT Pictures?-dre-christmas.jpg  

Old 10-08-2008, 01:52 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeBee View Post
Hope this is in the right thread! Yes, I think they do have very cute faces!

I'd like to ask a question here, and I know it applies to many other breeds as well. People chop off dogs tails and do surgery on their ears to get a certain "look."

My question is what's the purpose?

Why would a "bully" owner cut their ears off, to maintain such a 'mean' look. 1) Do people like the idea that the dogs look intimidating that way, or 2) is the intent to fight them? Especially given the rap they've had the past several years, why make them look mean? (Same with Rotts, Dobermans, giant Schnauzers, etc.).

For instance, that picture of Smilin' Mike is absolutely adorable, and so are the others. It would completely ruin his look to have his ears cut, IMO. I am talking about getting a dog, and then having these surgeries done to attain an effect. Not if you are the dog's second home, or got the dog as a rescue.

I am completely opposed to surgically 'adjusting' an animal's look for any reason. That is any breed. So, poor me, I'll never have a dog that wins Westminster! But it also means I would never fail to adopt an animal that had such things done to it.

It's kind of a general question, and I know everyone has their own opinion. Thanks!
Idiots do it for fighting. Less things to grab and bleed. And plus those idiots like the look...they think it looks mean.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:51 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,928 times
Here is our lil guy...this is not a new pic he is now a huge bear of a dog!
BTW! Great pics everyone I had "Cute dog" overload!

Old 10-08-2008, 09:27 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
Very nice pic, is he blue or black and looks blue cause of the flash ? (for dr)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs