U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 06:38 PM

7 posts, read 5,974 times

Advertisements

She must have slipped out of her collar because all of our info was on her tags. She did have a choke collar on and the most identifying mark would be hugs. She sits on her hind legs and wraps her front paws around ones leg. We contacted PALs, all animals found here in Emmett, are taken there.
I'm not sure what else to do. We have a meeting with the owner of PALs in the morning to see if she recognizes the voice of the woman who claims to have called her about Sophie. After that we are going to see what the police can do about getting information on the lady who left the message and see what clinic our dog was taken to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 12:22 PM

4,919 posts, read 19,780,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiphanir1 View Post
I'm not sure what else to do. We have a meeting with the owner of PALs in the morning to see if she recognizes the voice of the woman who claims to have called her about Sophie. After that we are going to see what the police can do about getting information on the lady who left the message and see what clinic our dog was taken to.
ID Code: 25-2807 Dogs as property
Dogs are property; and when the value of any dog is material in any civil or criminal proceeding in this state, the same may be established under the usual rules of evidence relating to values of personal property.

Under Idaho laws, your loving, sweet, cuddly, family companion pet is the same as a toaster, a toilet plunger, or sneakers. It's just plain ordinary property!

So why the thumbs up? ....
...... the fact that the dog is viewed as just property means the finder of that property only has to follow the simple state law on found property. Well, guess what. That simple law isn't as simple as many think. OH NO, they have a requirment under the law to make certain notificatiosn to certain governement offices. They have a requirment to follow a prescribes set of public notifications. They have a requiment to wait certain time period before acting on disposing or keepingt hat property. AND, if at anytime they learn about possible ownership, they have a duty under the law to act on that knowledge. Yeah, the pooch is just property, but you can use that to your advantage to put the world of hurt on that person if they didn't follow the law. So head down to the library and look up ID Code 55-405. Read it, Understand it, and do what you have to do.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:07 PM

36,472 posts, read 43,550,710 times
thanks PF but how can she or any of us ever find out who has found our dog?
I hope she can find her beloved Sophie. This is interesting in juxtaposition to the thread about Found Again---can I keep it? most of us were telling that poster to keep the dog because obviously the owner wasn't taking care of it.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:10 PM

We have found the vet clinic she was taken to

Old 03-01-2012, 01:11 PM

3,593 posts, read 10,640,402 times
Quote:
We have found the vet clinic she was taken to
Go get 'em!

Old 03-01-2012, 01:35 PM

4,919 posts, read 19,780,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
thanks PF but how can she or any of us ever find out who has found our dog?
Yes, that is the great unknown. You have to decide the worth of the quest and do what you must if the quest is worth it. This comes back to the old quandry, what is your pet really worth to you? And I don;t only mean money, but time. usually you can get things done and information obtainned if you have thr time to pursue all the items you need too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
This is interesting in juxtaposition to the thread about Found Again---can I keep it? most of us were telling that poster to keep the dog because obviously the owner wasn't taking care of it.
And thats understandable because its being given from a emotional standpoint, not a intelligent standpoint.

Unfortunetely, the person who could get jammed up is the one who takes and follows that bad advice and find out the actual owner knows their stuff and pursues it. Thats why its easy for me to respond to questions regardless of what others are saying because I know based on the advice they have given, if they are full of sheets and don;t know what the heckles they are talking about.

All we can do is provide the best advice as possible and its really up to the person to follow it blindly or check it out for themself.

O.K., just went and read those post and dang, what can we say, idiots can write. If they want to promote and advocate people committing illegal acts of crimes and if City Data wants to allow post that promote illegal actions and criminal acts to remain, thats a sad thing about our ethics.

Last edited by PacificFlights; 03-01-2012 at 01:44 PM..

Old 03-01-2012, 05:50 PM

Sophie is home safe and sound. She was never adopted out she was still at the clinic. I am such a happy momma. I missed her and she missed us. She is a very excited girl right now!

Old 03-01-2012, 06:29 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,079,823 times
That's great news! You must be so relieved.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:36 PM

24,843 posts, read 32,291,581 times
Quote:
Sophie is home safe and sound. She was never adopted out she was still at the clinic. I am such a happy momma. I missed her and she missed us. She is a very excited girl right now!
OMG!!!!

Wonderful news!!!!!

Old 03-01-2012, 06:41 PM

36,472 posts, read 43,550,710 times
so what kind of sicko would make such a weird call about her being adopted out of state. I'm really glad you got her back but we want to know......"the rest of the story".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs