U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 06:24 AM

653 posts, read 739,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
I happen to think that the law should be thrown at this family! hopefully someone in the household is more responsible and they might take the responsebility on to keep dog safe.

I fear that if you keep the husky ,these kind of people will go straight out and get themselves a new dog,
that also then will roam.
Very scary, and real possibility. Great point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 06:32 AM

15,122 posts, read 13,374,819 times
And maybe not, they might be glad they are rid of the "problem" and never get another dog......I would take the gamble.

One thing is a sure bet right now, this dog is in real danger of meeting a horrible end.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:46 AM

653 posts, read 739,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
And maybe not, they might be glad they are rid of the "problem" and never get another dog......I would take the gamble.

One thing is a sure bet right now, this dog is in real danger of meeting a horrible end.
An equally good point.

Whether or not the law is thrown at them as previously suggested, I would not return this dog to them. He is the one that needs a caring home with a responsible guardian right now. My personal opinion.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:55 AM

15,122 posts, read 13,374,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclamb3 View Post
An equally good point.

Whether or not the law is thrown at them as previously suggested, I would not return this dog to them. He is the one that needs a caring home with a responsible guardian right now. My personal opinion.
Mine too.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:38 PM

11,146 posts, read 20,349,688 times
I found out how he got out of my fence...I have one of those big green electrical boxes in my back yard. He got on that and then jumped the fence into my neighbor's yard. The neighbor let him out and he took off.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:52 PM

1,457 posts, read 3,450,844 times
If it was me, and that guy was really a jerk, I'd turn the dog into the shelter. If the dog keeps getting out he could get hit by a car. Maybe you could find a rescue that could take him, I'm not sure how that works if you have to turn them into a county shelter first or not?

Old 03-01-2012, 03:02 PM

4,919 posts, read 19,803,320 times
I wonder if the OP is a dog-napper and is trying to get some 'expert" advice on how to fool everyone into thinking they found it in case they got caught. Hummm twice the same dog and no other??? The owner was a jerk casue they caught you with their lost/stolen dog?

Didn;t we have someone who posted about their dog going missing and they found the dog at the groomers owned by someon else. Didn't the folks here tell that person to do what it takes to get their dog back from that person even if it means breaking the law or commiting a crime? Wasn't one suggestion to get violent with the person? So now this owner is a jerk cause they are pissed off at the person who stole their dog from their yard?

I say you retrun the dog to the owner cause you know who it is. If you have issues with the owner's care of the animal, take it up with the authorites. But if you decide to just keep it, all you are is a dog napper and a thief!

Old 03-01-2012, 03:06 PM

3,593 posts, read 10,653,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
I wonder if the OP is a dog-napper and is trying to get some 'expert" advice on how to fool everyone into thinking they found it in case they got caught. Hummm twice the same dog and no other??? The owner was a jerk casue they caught you with their lost/stolen dog?

Didn;t we have someone who posted about their dog going missing and they found the dog at the groomers owned by someon else. Didn't the folks here tell that person to do what it takes to get their dog back from that person even if it means breaking the law or commiting a crime? Wasn't one suggestion to get violent with the person? So now this owner is a jerk cause they are pissed off at the person who stole their dog from their yard?

I say you retrun the dog to the owner cause you know who it is. If you have issues with the owner's care of the animal, take it up with the authorites. But if you decide to just keep it, all you are is a dog napper and a thief!
As brutal as PF can be - this is the best advice on here from a legal perspective. Emotionally - I think we all would want to keep it and give it the home it deserves. Legally however, it is the property of another and to keep it without making an attempt to return it to its owner could be considered as theft. Not a popular belief but unfortunately, the one that would prevail in most court systems

Old 03-01-2012, 03:22 PM

16,584 posts, read 33,688,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
The owner was a jerk and accused me of taking his dog. He kept my collar and leash.
No good deed goes unpunished.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:19 PM

13,297 posts, read 25,484,841 times
Well, the dog is now a stray. Anyone could save a stray dog and call a rescue or shelter for its type.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs