U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-02-2012, 01:51 PM
 
4,919 posts, read 19,806,437 times
Reputation: 6214

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
That is not what I said and you know it.
THAT's EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAID!

Now, if you are saying that you suffer from some mental illness that prevents you from remembering what you wrote, well that might explain why you called her an animal abuser and now can;'t remember doing it. So if you do suffer a mental disability, I apologize for my pointed comment. However please understand that you accused hedgehog_mom of abusing animals and all I did was ask you to make up your mind. As a FYI, here is your actual words accusing her of abuse!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
BTW.....allowing a dog to run loose is abuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-02-2012, 02:31 PM
 
Location: Ohio
15,131 posts, read 13,377,637 times
Reputation: 20560
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
THAT's EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAID!

Now, if you are saying that you suffer from some mental illness that prevents you from remembering what you wrote, well that might explain why you called her an animal abuser and now can;'t remember doing it. So if you do suffer a mental disability, I apologize for my pointed comment. However please understand that you accused hedgehog_mom of abusing animals and all I did was ask you to make up your mind. As a FYI, here is your actual words accusing her of abuse!
Hedgehog_mom is not allowing her dog to run loose. Her dog found a way out of the fence and I am quite sure he will never out that way again.....she will fix the problem. And, I am also sure that she has her dog tagged or chipped so he can be found if he manages to find a way out of the fence. She cares about her dog.

The other case is completely different......that man obviosly does not take care of his dog or it would have a collar and tags on.....he does not care what happens to his dog.

Someone would have to be mentally challenged if they cannot see the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2012, 02:35 PM
 
Location: Closer than you think !
445 posts, read 1,386,627 times
Reputation: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
THAT's EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAID!

Now, if you are saying that you suffer from some mental illness that prevents you from remembering what you wrote, well that might explain why you called her an animal abuser and now can;'t remember doing it. So if you do suffer a mental disability, I apologize for my pointed comment. However please understand that you accused hedgehog_mom of abusing animals and all I did was ask you to make up your mind. As a FYI, here is your actual words accusing her of abuse!
I think it is clear who has not had their meds today ..

"BTW.....allowing a dog to run loose is abuse"

statement of fact - not accusation in my area it is "at large"


WOW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2012, 02:45 PM
 
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
9,352 posts, read 16,790,466 times
Reputation: 11458
yeah .... wow.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2012, 02:50 PM
 
4,919 posts, read 19,806,437 times
Reputation: 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Hedgehog_mom is not allowing her dog to run loose. Her dog found a way out of the fence and I am quite sure he will never out that way again.....she will fix the problem. And, I am also sure that she has her dog tagged or chipped so he can be found if he manages to find a way out of the fence. She cares about her dog.

The other case is completely different......that man obviosly does not take care of his dog or it would have a collar and tags on.....he does not care what happens to his dog.

Someone would have to be mentally challenged if they cannot see the difference.
BULL!!!!!!
You are making excuses and applying unknown factors to justify the fact that you make a stupid statement, got called out on it, and now have no excuse but to admit you screwed the pooch on this or applogize to the OP!

All the posturing over what you think did or did not happen to the OP's dog getting away, is just your imaginatioj since you have absolutely no idea what happened.

All the made up assumptions that the dog is or isn;t tagged or chipped is something your conjuring up in your own mind based on absolutely nothing you know at all.

All the boasting that the OP will not allow it to happen again is simply something you winged togtehr in your own mind based on butkus.

AND, on top of all this, unless you possess a time travel amachine to match the tin foil hat, you have absolutely no idea how the dog manageed to get free. You know SQUAT about it yet now you pretend to have some form of claivoiant powers to see things as that have happened?

In other words, your imagination is all you have as a defense against you calling the OP a animal abuser. You imagination is all you have to make claims. You imagination is all you have to create some fantasy in your mind about the events.

the OP, hedgehog-Mom, is not an animal abuser, regardkless of what you say, because the dog just got loose, nothing synister, niothing abusive. Just like without knowing the facts of how the dog got our before, we can;t even accuse the Huskies owner of abuse. Of course, one can still pretend whatever they want in their own little world of fanstasy and make believe, so thank god normal people apply more mature standards to their thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2012, 02:54 PM
 
4,919 posts, read 19,806,437 times
Reputation: 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treenoid View Post
I think it is clear who has not had their meds today ..

"BTW.....allowing a dog to run loose is abuse"

statement of fact - not accusation in my area it is "at large"


WOW
Yeah, glad you agree. I think it was uncalled for for Annie to accuse Hedgehog_mom of being an animal abuser because the dog got loose from her. There are hundreds of post, some from regulars, where they came for advice, suggestions or to vent over their dog getting loose one day and the fright over it. Nobody went around calling them animal abusers because the dog basically escaped. often times even with the best of plans, dogs surprise us and figures a way ut, or an unforseen action ocurs where they get loose. That is in no way abuse!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2012, 03:08 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
11,148 posts, read 20,356,190 times
Reputation: 26387
The dog that got loose was the stray Husky who I found roaming my neighborhood and brought home.

I didn't steal him when I found him, either time. The first time, I was riding my bike with my dog on her leash beside me and the husky came running up out of the construction site and came home with us. I posted right away on CL and on my neighborhood's facebook page and on the citydata forum for my city saying that I had found a husky. I put up signs in my neighborhood. The husky kept trying to hump my pup, who had just been spayed a week before, and I was afraid he was going to hurt her because he was scratching her belly, so I walked him back and forth on the main street during busy times of day until I found the owner, instead of just waiting for someone to answer my ad or call about my signs. When the man stopped and said he was the owner, the husky acted like he knew him, plus the man had pics of the dog on his cell phone. I gave him my address and asked him to drop off the collar and leash later on...I didn't want to take them right then and have the dog run into traffic.

The second time I found the husky, he came out of the ditch between my neighborhood and the elementary school, soaking wet, when I was walking home from school in the rain. He raced up and started licking my legs like he knew me. I brought him in the house, cleaned him up and dried him off, and then realized he looked a lot like the dog I'd found before. I went through the pictures of dogs I've found in the past year and it was the same dog. (I find a lot of dogs just roaming free here, last year I found the owners of four strays, another seven I kept for several weeks while looking for the owner and then eventually rehomed them when it was clear I wouldn't find the owner, and the last one had a medical problem that wasn't treatable and had to be put down . Lots of dogs get dumped out here.)

I have two dogs of my own and can't keep every dog I find.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2012, 03:09 PM
 
Location: Ohio
15,131 posts, read 13,377,637 times
Reputation: 20560
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
BULL!!!!!!
You are making excuses and applying unknown factors to justify the fact that you make a stupid statement, got called out on it, and now have no excuse but to admit you screwed the pooch on this or applogize to the OP!

All the posturing over what you think did or did not happen to the OP's dog getting away, is just your imaginatioj since you have absolutely no idea what happened.

All the made up assumptions that the dog is or isn;t tagged or chipped is something your conjuring up in your own mind based on absolutely nothing you know at all.

All the boasting that the OP will not allow it to happen again is simply something you winged togtehr in your own mind based on butkus.

AND, on top of all this, unless you possess a time travel amachine to match the tin foil hat, you have absolutely no idea how the dog manageed to get free. You know SQUAT about it yet now you pretend to have some form of claivoiant powers to see things as that have happened?

In other words, your imagination is all you have as a defense against you calling the OP a animal abuser. You imagination is all you have to make claims. You imagination is all you have to create some fantasy in your mind about the events.

the OP, hedgehog-Mom, is not an animal abuser, regardkless of what you say, because the dog just got loose, nothing synister, niothing abusive. Just like without knowing the facts of how the dog got our before, we can;t even accuse the Huskies owner of abuse. Of course, one can still pretend whatever they want in their own little world of fanstasy and make believe, so thank god normal people apply more mature standards to their thinking.
Good grief.

Allowing your dog to run loose and a dog who accidently gets loose are TWO different things.

ALLOWING a dog to run loose is abuse......and I stand by that statement.

I can differentiat between the two.....apparently you can't.

I am done with you trying to make something out of nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2012, 03:17 PM
 
Location: Closer than you think !
445 posts, read 1,386,627 times
Reputation: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
Yeah, glad you agree. I think it was uncalled for for Annie to accuse Hedgehog_mom of being an animal abuser because the dog got loose from her. There are hundreds of post, some from regulars, where they came for advice, suggestions or to vent over their dog getting loose one day and the fright over it. Nobody went around calling them animal abusers because the dog basically escaped. often times even with the best of plans, dogs surprise us and figures a way ut, or an unforseen action ocurs where they get loose. That is in no way abuse!
mon ami - I DO NOT AGREE with you You are the only one that could have seen it that way

Where is the UNsubscribe button ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2012, 03:23 PM
 
2,226 posts, read 1,759,119 times
Reputation: 901
Since he is un-neutered he will roam. Perhaps there is a female in heat within your own neighborhood. Or perhaps he was already re-homed and came from your neighborhood and is trying to get home. If he isn't dirty, matted, skinny etc. Good chance he isn't being abused or neglected although he may be ignored. With so many homeless pets, probably not a good reason to keep him, but maybe taking him to the closest no kill shelter instead of returning him to the angry man might be in order. You aren't required to take him anywhere. Or, perhaps leave found posters so the original possible owner can re-find him? Or keep him if you can.....he is officially a stray after all....and angry man can do the "posting".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top