U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-05-2012, 08:30 PM

5,550 posts, read 8,319,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose13 View Post
Thought i would share Dozer the Leonberger.
He is 4 months old and already the size of a small German Shepherd.
His daddy is about 165 lbs.
I am taking donations to help feed him. JK

I've always wanted to own an English mastiff once I got the room, but now, after seeing you pics, I'm kind of leaning towards a leonberger...

How's the drool factor w/ him?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 09:05 AM

3,952 posts, read 2,781,489 times
First the pizza.....then the dog......I think I love you Moose.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:33 AM

110 posts, read 138,873 times
It is probably a crime to be that cute.

Thanks for sharing the pics. If Doozer goes missing, he is NOT at my house, either.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:47 PM

142 posts, read 204,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post

I've always wanted to own an English mastiff once I got the room, but now, after seeing you pics, I'm kind of leaning towards a leonberger...

How's the drool factor w/ him?
Actually NO drool! They have tight jowls.
One part of the St. Bernard they did not get. A good thing.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
First the pizza.....then the dog......I think I love you Moose.
Really, thats all i need to do?
Good food and cute BIG dogs? LMAO!

Old 03-07-2012, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Really, thats all i need to do?
Good food and cute BIG dogs? LMAO!
Yep.. and then I also read this morning in your pizza thread that you wrote "bring beer". Good Food, cute BIG dog and he likes beer. When are you going to divorce your wife so we can run away together. LOL

Your pup is seriously adorable.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
Yep.. and then I also read this morning in your pizza thread that you wrote "bring beer". Good Food, cute BIG dog and he likes beer. When are you going to divorce your wife so we can run away together. LOL

Your pup is seriously adorable.
Uhmmm, NEVER! But it sounds like fun!

Old 03-08-2012, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Uhmmm, NEVER! But it sounds like fun!
LOL

Old 03-19-2012, 11:59 AM

9,807 posts, read 12,924,307 times
My, what a gorgeous large goober of a dog! Is his middle name Tonka?
I have a graveled area by the back door and close off the main yard for most of their "outs." I open the main yard for the afternoon, and whatever happens, happens, but it is a quarter acre and I don't use it for anything. It does help that most of the six dogs' pees go into the gravel/sand area, which was a happy accident when the house was built- needed to be put around the new foundation and came long before the lawn was seeded in the crummy clay soil. I wish I could xeriscape it- I hate lawns. But there is so much rain and a high water table, so I leave the grass to its own devices- it either makes it or it doesn't.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:06 PM

3,526 posts, read 5,194,679 times
Quote:
Thought i would share Dozer the Leonberger.
He is 4 months old and already the size of a small German Shepherd.
His daddy is about 165 lbs.
I am taking donations to help feed him. JK
Your Border collie is adorable too but your Leonberger...wow - that is one very very ADORABLE pup! If I help to feed him does he get to come visit too? Thanks for posting pics

Now as to the questions about potty surfaces. I personally like to have them use lawn over any other surface. I'm not a chemist but the grass seems to break down the urine and ummm other material bit better and faster than other surface. I've heard the myth about female's urine being worse for grass. Personally, I've never had a problem with it. Maybe it has something to do with hormones. My girls have aways been spayed. What ever surface you go with make sure its got good drainage and a close water source for hosing it down or you will end up with a urine smell in the area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs