U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 11:47 PM

12,770 posts, read 9,816,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
Just because a certain breed isn't known for being good with cats doesn't mean every individual is that way. If you find yourself wanting another dog, check for Fox Terriers being fostered in homes with cats. For instance

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Wire Fox Terrier | Doylestown, PA | Beetle * VIDEO!
Great suggestion. Good foster homes know their dogs, and it allows an older dog to get adopted. I always go for the older dogs, less trouble, and they have less opportunity for a second chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 10:14 AM

12,770 posts, read 9,816,207 times
A wonderful story to share before this thread dies.

LiveLeak.com - Pit bull pulls owner off of train tracks - CNN.com Video

Old 10-29-2012, 07:07 PM

738 posts, read 430,811 times
Giant Schnauzer and Airdale TerrierWhat is your favorite dog breed?-dsc_4829.jpg

What is your favorite dog breed?-dsc_2493.jpg

Old 10-29-2012, 07:21 PM

414 posts, read 889,892 times
The Akita! I am now privileged to own one! Our pup is simply darling, but exemplifies the Akita's personality perfectly.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:36 AM

2 posts, read 2,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImOnTheMove View Post
Doberman's
Border Collies
Australian Shepherd

If I could I'd breed a Doberman and Border Collie and have myself a wonderful little mut

Not mine, but apparantly this is what the turn out is between a Doberman/Boder Collie, don't you love it?

I actually just had a litter of these crosses beautiful dog! Had 2nd litter born 2 days ago

Old 02-13-2013, 11:09 AM

71,717 posts, read 83,345,493 times
There are so many favorites for so many reasons: of course we are partial to English Springers: they are great all around dogs, and will do almost anything to please, plus they are the perfect size. We bred them for years.

Now, we have a little Shih TZu, which was a tramp dog, so we are not sure if he is pure or a mix, probably a mix; anyway, for a couple of retired people they are wonderful. They are happy just to sit on your lap, sleep with you and get a little love now and then, plus they are good with other dogs and kids.

Of course, like many, I have a place in my heart for mixed breeds but sometimes they do not turn out to be right for everyone. Among other favorites: any hunting or hound dog, especially German Short haired, and Britany Spanials. There are a few I do not like: Chows, little yappy guys, and for some reason dogs like Wolf hounds, they just don't seem to have much personality.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:31 AM

2,009 posts, read 3,935,197 times
Boston terriers are my favorite!

They are also the perfect dog for the living quarters my girlfriend and I are in. Being in an apartment in NYC doesn't cater to a bigger dog and also not one that requires a lot of exercise.

He's a perfect size that the 3 of us can sleep together and not have to worry about losing the bed. And the faces he makes put me in tears because of how cute he is

Old 02-13-2013, 02:04 PM

26,460 posts, read 62,726,491 times
English Mastiffs have always been my ffavorite. However we now have a St. Bernard elkhound mix and he is awesome. Great Danes are probably the coolest looking, but they tend to be a bit high strung (at least most of them I have encountered).

Old 02-15-2013, 01:50 AM

966 posts, read 916,315 times
I had a cocker I loved a lot, a bichon, shi-poo, and a chihuahua.....a GSD when a kid, and loved my grandparent's corgi mix and springer spaniel....I just love dogs! Each breed or mutt has something special, but I've found my best boy ever....he's a shih-tzu I adopted from a rescue and is wonderful! I love him and love looking at his pretty face and long, flowing tail. Such a sweet little guy and very mellow. I'm lucky to have been able to have loved many dogs in my life. I enjoy seeing my sons' dogs, too, when I visit and actually miss them for a while after I leave. my little guy is right here by my feet and is the light of my life----don't know what I'd do without him!

Old 02-15-2013, 06:26 AM

857 posts, read 742,351 times
Although I love my mixed breed dogs that I have now, Rhodesian Ridgebacks will always be my favorite. They are beautiful, athletic, powerful, smart, loyal and protective. They seem to know exactly what to do and when to do it. I've had two Ridgebacks in my past and will be my next dog.

Last edited by shelby1half; 05-18-2013 at 11:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or