Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 06:34 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,310,986 times

Advertisements

seems stomach problems.

although my dogs are patrollers. from patio door to kitchen door to glass door to my door, to water bowl. sleep awhile. then again. and they have specific times for their patrols.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 07:03 PM

553 posts, read 1,271,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
Anytime I see those words I say, PLEASE CALL THE VET AND MAKE AN APPT. Bloody mucus in a stool should never be considered a "minor issue" or a "wait and see" issue. Please call the vet tomorrow.

I completely agree, We had issues with our dog pacing, which turned out to be a brain tumor. It's just best to have a vet check it out.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:23 PM

3,513 posts, read 6,373,551 times
I have a dog with severe thunder phobia and she paces when she starts to hear it, often an hour or so before I do. So when that starts I go look at the radar images on the weather websites and see if there is a storm coming. Sometimes the storm passes rather far away and I don't see a drop of rain or hear thunder but she does.

Old 03-22-2012, 01:33 PM

6 posts, read 11,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky Prof View Post
I completely agree, We had issues with our dog pacing, which turned out to be a brain tumor. It's just best to have a vet check it out.
Could be transitional though; space change, food change, etc. Some dogs pace more than other, just because your dog paced does not mean it had a direct correlation to the brain tumor, unless your vet specifically stated that and still I'd question the causation. I don't want worried owners to run off to the vet in a huff - bloody stool is a different story altogether.

The reason I've found most dogs pace; need to potty, bored, need to patrol.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:22 PM

378 posts, read 704,528 times
I'm back! Sorry I didn't update earlier. I read Va-cat's post and scheduled a vet appointment for yesterday. He has a small bacterial infection so he has a weeks worth of probiotic and some other medication, but no parasites, etc. He was also dehydrated so he got some liquids put under his skin. I have to watch him now to make sure he's drinking water. I know he usually does because I can hear him lapping it up from the other room, but I don't think I've heard him slurping it down during the past couple of days.

The doctor did mention what Davie said, the pacing is probably from his change in environment. I have to remind myself that it's only been a month so even though I think he should be used to the change, he may not be. But thankfully the tests and physicals came back mostly clean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs