U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 04:55 PM

4,919 posts, read 19,744,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaT16 View Post
Do not use this product. It is a waste of the $19.99! I thought I would save money but actually I had to make a visit to the vet and buy Frontline! My vet said that the medicine in it is basically very watered down. It is safer he said, but not as strong as the pricier brands. I guess you get what you pay for with this product!
You vet isn;t being straight up with you.

The named brand items sold at Costco are the exact same item sold at your vet. Which inner package you get versus whicj your vet gets is just a matter of who's package is next on the product line. The named brand items are not special manufactured or "like" items they are that item, plain and simple.

Now, the "K" branded items are also the exact same item as their brand name manufactured item, but the question is which item is it? Its still unknown the product line its marching with. Its widely belived to be Bio-Spot although some belive its another product, but it is made by the same plant that makes the actual item using the same ingredients on the same production line.

So if your vet is saying its watereed down, the vet has a serious knowldge base problem cause they are comparing apples to potatoes. If they are comparing the "K" branded flea and tick to Frontline they are not comapring the same products and they need to remeber that different products may act differenetly on different animals (or it may be a immunity issue in that area). But if they are saying the Frontline sold at Costco is watered down from the Frontline they sell at their office, they are yanking you big time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 05:35 PM

7,330 posts, read 13,131,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawleys View Post
I don't recommend this product. I have tried on my two golden retrievers and both had ticks (full) that were still alive on them. Talked to the vet he said to give them a bath get that stuff off of them and wait a few days and apply front line. He also told me some of the ingredience could be toxic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaT16 View Post
Do not use this product. It is a waste of the $19.99! I thought I would save money but actually I had to make a visit to the vet and buy Frontline! My vet said that the medicine in it is basically very watered down. It is safer he said, but not as strong as the pricier brands. I guess you get what you pay for with this product!
I don't have any experience with Kirkland's product, but once again, like in the Pet Armor thread, we have one-time posters saying they had a problem, or their vet said not to use it. Once again, no long-time posters stating anything similar. Take it with a grain of salt.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:58 PM

70 posts, read 175,207 times
Get one when I need, thank you for posting.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:32 AM

42 posts, read 94,235 times
Have never used this one before. And I don't want to change the food for now. So wait for sometimes!!

Old 05-23-2012, 06:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,499 times
Just had to post this. I beling to another forum and one of the members posted this:

Just took this off of a friends wall on facebook.
This just text to me from a friend:
Fwd: hey...whatever u do...DONT GIVE YOUR DOGS TRIFEXIS. HEARTWORM MED...jack is in the hospital..we tried trifexis for the first time yesterday(his interceptor has been off the market). and by 8pm symptoms syarted...i had to take him in at 7 am..letharhy..confusion..tremors with a twitch every 15 seconds..no appetitie..he looks like hes on an acid trip..his gu...t is drawn up...all symptomatic of poisoning..vet called company ...they admit some problems..will pay for blood panels on internal orgzns for toxity reports but wont pay for rest of treatment...so many people will b trying this drug due to not being able to get the discontinued intetceptor or sentinel...tell all your dog friends... NO TRIFEXIS...EVER !

Old 05-23-2012, 09:33 PM

1,308 posts, read 2,650,836 times
You left out the part where we should all buy Frontline. Merial may have to dock your pay for that.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:07 AM

70 posts, read 175,207 times
So many people are get involved, is this one really good?

Old 05-24-2012, 07:15 AM

6,113 posts, read 12,485,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calel View Post
You left out the part where we should all buy Frontline. Merial may have to dock your pay for that.
Whether the post is legitimate or not, Frontline does not protect against heartworm.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:58 AM

1,308 posts, read 2,650,836 times
It sure doesn't.

As for Trifexis, my parents have a dog taking it without issue. In fact, he's doing gloriously on Trifexis. He had a flea allergy and had lick granulomas to the point of creating sores and had the most awful thin coat in the summer. Since being on a pill as opposed to a topical flea treatment, his coat has come back nice, glossy, and thick, and he doesn't lick himself abnormally anymore. He also seems more cheerful now.

I use a combo of regular heartworm meds and topical fipronil (brand doesn't matter) on my dog. It seems to be the right treatment for him, which makes it more cost effective for me than Trifexis.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:14 AM

9,350 posts, read 16,731,254 times
aaannnndd here come the Merial reps again.....

hhhmmm ... wonder how **I** could get a job surfing the 'net all day looking for postings about competitors to my company's products.....

in any case.... I have to go to Costco in the next day or two for dog kibble.... i am out of the "big dog" Pet Armor and am going to give Kirkland's Fipronil product a try..... it is still working well for us.....

prolly be several weeks before I can report back on it, though.... just treated all of the dogs Tuesday evening.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs