U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-09-2012, 03:04 PM
 
3,593 posts, read 10,675,787 times
Reputation: 5207

Advertisements

A loaf of bread disappeared from the kitchen counter last night. I wasn't sure then which dog was to blame but I am now. Poor Kohla is on giant "itch". His allergies have kicked in full force and he is chewing and scratching himself raw.

So......as well as giving him an antihistamine injection, he has temporarily been placed in the "cone of shame" for his own good. Its just until the antihistamines calm the itch and the nasty allergens get out of his system.

My poor boy thinks I'm punishing him

I'm not happy about the bread caper but he looks so forlorn!
Attached Thumbnails
Poor itchy boy is not a happy camper-oh-no-cone-shame1.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-09-2012, 03:09 PM
 
24,843 posts, read 32,375,963 times
Reputation: 11452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
A loaf of bread disappeared from the kitchen counter last night. I wasn't sure then which dog was to blame but I am now. Poor Kohla is on giant "itch". His allergies have kicked in full force and he is chewing and scratching himself raw.

So......as well as giving him an antihistamine injection, he has temporarily been placed in the "cone of shame" for his own good. Its just until the antihistamines calm the itch and the nasty allergens get out of his system.

My poor boy thinks I'm punishing him

I'm not happy about the bread caper but he looks so forlorn!
Oh......and mama put it on the forum for EVERYONE to see......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2012, 03:11 PM
 
3,593 posts, read 10,675,787 times
Reputation: 5207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Oh......and mama put it on the forum for EVERYONE to see......
LOL - after being sure that I got a good picture of him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2012, 03:13 PM
 
Location: Montreal -> CT -> MA -> Montreal -> Ottawa
16,666 posts, read 26,726,373 times
Reputation: 26636
Kohlaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

I love you, little man. Your Mommy is very, very mean (obviously!) so come here and snuggle.

Seriously, Cat, that poor guy. I hope the meds kick in quickly. For the relief... and so he can stop looking like a moron in front of his siblings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2012, 03:18 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,885,828 times
Reputation: 6453
Nope don't think your mean, sometimes for out little guys we love, we have to do things they do not understand, to make them better.
But i hope the meds kick in quickly for your sake. And for some relif for your little man.
What kind of allergies, does your little man have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2012, 03:31 PM
 
3,593 posts, read 10,675,787 times
Reputation: 5207
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Nope don't think your mean, sometimes for out little guys we love, we have to do things they do not understand, to make them better.
But i hope the meds kick in quickly for your sake. And for some relif for your little man.
What kind of allergies, does your little man have.
Both environmental AND food allergies. We are letting him acclimate to this climate for another 3 months before starting a re-introduction protocol for foods and starting the allergy testing to identify what he is reactive to as far as the environmental allergies. So far it seems he is allergic to every protein source as well as all grains and all starches. Once we find out what he CAN eat, we will be working with a canine nutritionist to get the right mixture for him. We plan on making his food at home. Right now he is strictly on Hills ZD Ultra, the only food we have found that he is NOT reactive to

We picked him because he had been without a home for over a year and a half. No one wanted to adopt a dog that has such severe allergies, has knee issues and is on an assortment of meds every day. He may need a little extra care but I've never known a sweeter and more loving boy than our Kohla!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2012, 08:44 PM
 
Location: Santa Barbara CA
4,712 posts, read 10,171,009 times
Reputation: 8548
Oh no not the cone of Shame!!!! Hope he gets over the reaction soon , poor pup!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2012, 10:52 PM
 
3,593 posts, read 10,675,787 times
Reputation: 5207
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Kohlaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

I love you, little man. Your Mommy is very, very mean (obviously!) so come here and snuggle.

Seriously, Cat, that poor guy. I hope the meds kick in quickly. For the relief... and so he can stop looking like a moron in front of his siblings.
Whimper....Arrrrrtie!!!!! Your mom is being mean to me!...DO you wanna come down here and snuggle?


LOL - Kohla Bear is bearing his shame well. Anyone that gets in his way gets whacked with a big blue e-collar!

Here is one more picture of the pitiful looking boy!
Attached Thumbnails
Poor itchy boy is not a happy camper-oh-no-cone-shame2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 10:01 AM
 
110 posts, read 281,631 times
Reputation: 122
That second picture is classic! Thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 10:21 AM
 
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
9,352 posts, read 16,824,797 times
Reputation: 11463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Oh......and mama put it on the forum for EVERYONE to see......



poor sweet fella.... hope that he is better by now.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top