U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 06:50 PM

6,591 posts, read 20,703,190 times

Advertisements

icouldnt do it...tasidermy is an artform yes but i cant stand having those lifeles eyes staring at me.
I keep a clipping of fur and the ashes of each of my pets...but to have one taxidermied and sat there staring at me all that time...nope.

and the fact that part of the reason youd want to do this is so you could carry him down the street and see what your neighbor says...says to me youd be doing it for all the wrong reasons!
I cant imagine having your pet stuffed would be all that good for the greiving/healing process...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 07:19 AM

8,309 posts, read 34,290,368 times
That's Buffalo Bill stuff...

Old 04-17-2012, 01:36 PM

147 posts, read 364,875 times
I can tell you that I thought about it, and decided against it. I asked my kids about it and they were totally grossed out about it. I never would have thought about it but I saw a very cool special on the discovery channel about a taxi dermist and all of her clients. People do it all the time, dogs, birds, squirrels, guinee pigs, I just couldn't imagine looking into their eyes. I wouldn't of wanted to see another set of eyes looking back at me. The other reason i think i even considered it was my attachment to my dogs, i knew i would miss my physical interactions with the pooch. My dogs have all been St. Bernards and have all been very fluffy and cuddly and playfull. I could get down on the floor and one would come over and just lay on me or my kids looking to snuggle. They are fabulous family dogs but I couldn't stuff em. So sorry for your loss.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:34 PM

21,287 posts, read 11,516,782 times
I won't judge you. I just advise you to cremate the dog and get a puppy and move on. Sorry for your loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or