Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 05:04 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times

Advertisements

I'll see if we can get a picture of her up soon. She is still recovering from the vet visit but doing well. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 12:31 AM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,118,022 times
I'm chiming in late but wanted to express my delight that everything's going well for all.

I currently have three females living here, all happily (one Lab and two Bostons), added a male French Bulldog who thought he was going to be the boss...that lasted less than a day!

Old 04-30-2012, 01:49 PM

My husband forgot to get the photo taken and up. I am now thinking that they left Yellow Dog in the yard of their old place because she gets separation anxiety. On the 3rd day we had her, I grabbed my purse and headed toward the door, she threw a fit. So, I put Rinnie's cage, who also had (notice had) suffered separation anxiety and told them "Knock yourselves out and drive one another crazy." Not a peep from either and Rinnie doesn't chase the vacuum cleaner anymore. Rinnie got separation anxiety when she was about 3 years old and everyone said "get another dog" but I knew that did not always work and it just takes me a long time to choose a dog and I wanted the right one.

The funny thing is that I don't think it is the companionship but that, like an example would be that your 6 year old might throw a tantrum with you but if you were with another mother and her 6 year old, probably neither would want to embarrass themselves? That's what I am thinking. So, Rinnie realized how silly chasing the vacuum was and I really worked on stopping that too!

I'll work on my husband to do the photo, the camera has a really thick book and..................

Old 05-02-2012, 09:43 AM

110 posts, read 347,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
. This dog has shown no aggression except when she tried to be friends through the chain link fence with the anti-dog dog next door and when he told her "I'm going to wipe your butt!", her sweet face changed and she said "You and how many friends." Rinnie was impressed and after that they became chummy. !
This was so funny. Thanks for the laugh!

Old 05-06-2012, 05:22 PM

Default Yellow Dog's Picture

Here is a picture of Yellow Dog Click image for larger version

Name:	yellow dog.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	94949 It is from her "Facebook Collection" as Pet of the Week. She is doing well. I used a home vet book to try to figure out how old she is by her teeth, etc. and I think about 4 to 5 years old. Vet said not young and not old, so I'm thinking, "just right"?

Old 05-07-2012, 06:18 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,013,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Here is a picture of Yellow Dog Attachment 94949 It is from her "Facebook Collection" as Pet of the Week. She is doing well. I used a home vet book to try to figure out how old she is by her teeth, etc. and I think about 4 to 5 years old. Vet said not young and not old, so I'm thinking, "just right"?
She's gorgeous!!!!!! I love her!!!

Old 05-07-2012, 07:23 AM

175 posts, read 589,890 times
She is perfect! What a beauty!

We adopted a 5 yr old female black lab 5 weeks ago to companion with our 9 yr. old female lab - so far no major issues other than the newbie tends to play a little too rough when she gets overly excited. She calms down easily though.
Good luck and let me know how is goes with your two. I can always use some tips too since this is my first rescue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs