Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 08:58 AM

4,604 posts, read 5,765,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Labs have Webbed Feet! Total normal for the breed & A Must to have IF showing! What makes Labs great swimmers.
I have never seen a judge pick up a labs foot to check for webbing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 09:15 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,057,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
Really? I had never noticed that the back of the center pads were attached! I guess its a "Lab" thing after all. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
Nope, not a lab thing or at least not a Bella lab thing. Of course Bella has the web between the pads but the pads are seperate. Can't wait to see responses from other lab owners.
I checked our Lab, Abby. Her pads are separate too. But I don't think she's full Lab either. She's kind of small for a Lab - at least compared to some other Labs I've seen.

Va-Cat, I belong to a Labradors group over on Facebook. Would you like me ask around over there?

Old 04-19-2012, 09:24 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,859,282 times
Quote:
Really? I had never noticed that the back of the center pads were attached! I guess its a "Lab" thing after all. Thanks!
Our labs never had it growing up (3 black labs) and my yellow didn't either.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:36 AM

3,738 posts, read 12,375,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
Yes Katie....labs have webbed feet....that is not what she is referring to.
Yeh - I can assure you after loving, rescuing and and adopting retrievers for oh....20+ years, I know what webbing on a dog's foot looks like. Please look at the picture. I'm talking about the PADS not the webbing between the pads.

Last edited by Va-Cat; 04-19-2012 at 09:45 AM..

Old 04-19-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyLady View Post
I checked our Lab, Abby. Her pads are separate too. But I don't think she's full Lab either. She's kind of small for a Lab - at least compared to some other Labs I've seen.

Va-Cat, I belong to a Labradors group over on Facebook. Would you like me ask around over there?
Thank you!!!! That would be great! I've googled it and am coming up with some really strange results. One site is calling it "double footed" I'm just surprised I've never seen it before. Please let me know what they say on Facebook. If you'd like, feel free to either grab the pic off my posting or link back to it.

I appreciate it! Thanks

Old 04-19-2012, 09:45 AM

9,352 posts, read 19,987,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyLady View Post

could abby maybe be an English Lab?? they can be quite a bit smaller than their American cousins......

and by the time i got home last night, i had forgotten all about this thread.... :/

Old 04-19-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
could abby maybe be an English Lab?? they can be quite a bit smaller than their American cousins......

and by the time i got home last night, i had forgotten all about this thread.... :/
LOL I bet...you have more dogs in your house than I do.

Well...... at least you do for the for the next two weeks. (Yup thats a tease..we may have our next dog in the works)

Somehow CD and FB take a backseat when the fur-babies are looking for attention! If ya think about "dog feet and pads" this evening, let me know.....

Old 04-19-2012, 09:55 AM

9,352 posts, read 19,987,957 times
will do ... if i had remembered to put her medicine on her foot this morning, i probably would have reminded myself about this thread....

and yes, i blame YOU for the crew i have .... YOU put it out into the universe that four was a nice, round number.....

clapping at screen.... puppy breath.... puppy breath!!

Old 04-19-2012, 09:56 AM

17,330 posts, read 32,947,527 times
Quote:
(Yup thats a tease..we may have our next dog in the works)
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!

Old 04-19-2012, 10:15 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,057,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post

She might be. I've heard that before. Abby is on the right. That's our beagle, Summer, on the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs