U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 09:52 PM

140 posts, read 362,402 times

Advertisements

With all of my dogs I have always played hide and seek with them.....in the house or behind a tree at the park....and they all LOVE it.

So today I was the only one home and I could tell that my little 7lb pomeranian wanted to play. So we started with just dog play...then chase...then that turned into hide and seek. I go and hide in different places in the house and he comes and finds me. Well I was standing in the dark in the closet as I heard his little footsteps running around looking for me and it hit me how silly this game was.....a really fun silly!

Does anyone else play silly games with their dogs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 07:37 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,828,602 times
I like to hide behind things inside or outside the house, pop out and "scare" her. She loves it but it is a short lived game. Two "surprises" and she won' t leave me out of her site. I imagine we look pretty silly too but that is just another one of the joys of having a dog.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:03 AM

29,988 posts, read 37,091,189 times
No.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

If my dog says otherwise.....he's a liar.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:40 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,297,736 times
I play hide & seek with the dogs pretty often and we just run around the house in general like it's the romper room.

But the best game by far, is up-the-stairs fetch.
One of my dog's favorite games so I make him run up and down the stairs a few times prior to throwing the ball from the downstairs to the upstairs and he runs and go gets it. It's a good one for the winter time.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:47 PM

4,704 posts, read 10,121,886 times
Have always played Hide and seek with my dogs not only is it a ton of fun but it helps teach a dog to pay attention to you.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:56 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,077,556 times
I play Hide N Seek with my dog, one of the best spots for me to hide is next to our bed, which is against the wall (I have to squeeze back there). He never thinks to look back there but after 10 minutes of him parading around the house looking for me, I start to feel bad when he whimpers and cries, and then I come out saying "RAAAH here I am!" And he gets re-excited. LOL.

He loves the red laser that I usually use for the cat. When the cat is too busy sleeping (all the time) I will play with that for the dog. He loves it.

Let's see, another fun one is when I am wearing a hoodie, i'll wrap my head in the hood and lay face down on the carpet, and holler "Chase! Chase! Help, help!" and he'll try to get the hood off my head. He has succeeded, and when it is off, he licks my hair. That part I am not too crazy about! HAHA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs