Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 09:15 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,856,918 times

Advertisements

d4g4m...
there are MANY Home owners insurance companies...
i REFUSE to give my busness to ANY that woudl discriminate based on breed, plain and simple! people claiming "I cant have such and such a breed because my home owners insurances says so" are just too lazy to shop around and stop supporting such ridiculous and DANGEROUS restrictions.

even before i got my big boy...i boguht my house and intervewied MANY insuarance companies...if they asked if i had dogs and breeds i asked why...it it was because they restricted breeds they got a "thanks but i dont support such narrow minded policies" and I moved on to the next one.
sad part is...the BEST rate i got is from a company that has NO breed based restrictions so it worked out well lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 11:04 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,027,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
d4g4m...
there are MANY Home owners insurance companies...
i REFUSE to give my busness to ANY that woudl discriminate based on breed, plain and simple! people claiming "I cant have such and such a breed because my home owners insurances says so" are just too lazy to shop around and stop supporting such ridiculous and DANGEROUS restrictions.

even before i got my big boy...i boguht my house and intervewied MANY insuarance companies...if they asked if i had dogs and breeds i asked why...it it was because they restricted breeds they got a "thanks but i dont support such narrow minded policies" and I moved on to the next one.
sad part is...the BEST rate i got is from a company that has NO breed based restrictions so it worked out well lol.

yep... same here....

Old 05-08-2012, 11:06 AM

25,842 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikik15 View Post
What is wrong with you people? Can't you read? This is ridiculous
The forum has been overrun by a few nutcases that really don't have much else in their lives. Very mean spirited people.

I have found them entertainingly odd but they becoming tiresome. Will be adding a few to the ignore list. Good luck to you.

Last edited by PullMyFinger; 05-08-2012 at 11:29 AM..

Old 05-08-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikik15 View Post
Thank you to anyone on here who read my post carefully and tried to take up for me and give me advice that will help me. To those who automatically shot me down and were rude, I don't know if you know this but when you are rude to someone first and then try to get a point across, they most likely hear the rude part and do not take in the rest of what you have to say. I guess your communication skills are not that advanced. I should have been more specific in my original post, but I didn't want to say too much for fear of people not reading everything that I wanted to say (guess I was right since someone keeps saying my dog kills other dogs!) thanks to those who nipped that one. So just so you know I will not get another dog right now (which I actually was thinking of doing this when my kids are a little older anyway). My dog likes being outside, especially when it is cold. I do train him and walk him and give him treats and play with him and brush him. I never said that I didn't it was just assumed! He has killed a couple squirrels and ran a racoon up a tree, but has never killed another dog. He is very good with my kids, but I do not leave them unattended with him. The neighbor has a boston terrier that squeezes under our fence and plays with our dog. I have read that some breeds do not bark as much as others, that is what I was referring to when I was curious about these breeds. Our house is smaller than our yard and our dog gets bored quickly in the house, so I let him go play outside. We do take him to the park, socialize him and he is calm and great to take to an outside restaurant, where he has great manners and just lays by our table. I do treat my current dog well but I am not the type of person who thinks a dog is a person and will be treated as one. He is a member of of our family he is our protector, our friend and also our dog, not my fourth child. He doesn't sleep in my bed as some people might like to do with their dogs, he doesn't get people food and I do not think that he thinks like a human, like other people think about dogs. I do read expert advice on dogs and really like what the dog whisperer has to say (sorry can't think of his name right now). I like to do research before I make a decision and did so when we got our first dog, getting a pyr was not an accident as some of you have tried to make it seem. So I thought that I would come on here and do a little research before I made any decision. Thanks again to those who answered me with respect and took up for me, your advice was great. For the rest of you please learn to have a little more tact and your advice and opinions will probably go a lot further. If you really care about your dogs that much and get that worked up about the topic, just know that that strategy is a lot more helpful than bashing someone.

you asked for opinions and opinions were given based on information presented by you.....

and the "trainer" you are thinking of is Cesar Millan.... whose dominatin theories of training are coming under question.... there is more and more evidence that reward based training is much more effective....

Old 05-08-2012, 07:28 PM

7 posts, read 25,451 times
Yes I did get opinions, but No I did not ask for them. I ASKED for ADVICE! Which is not the same...

Opinion:A view or judgment formed about something not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Advice: Guidance or recommendations concerning prudent future action, typically given by someone regarded as knowledgeable or authoritative.

Also like I said, I only presented some information because I knew people would not read a long post. Looks like I was right too because people still do not seem to be able to follow what has been written. A lot of the "opinions" that were given were based on false assumptions, not on any information I gave. For example, that my dog needs a trainer and that never gets any attention.

As far as the comment about the Dog Whisperer or Cesar Milan, or whatever, the POINT of the comment was that I do like to do research and try my best not to make mistakes when making a decision, and that my decision on getting our first dog was not a mistake. I can't believe that I am having to repeat what I have already stated again!
Once again this is ridiculous!

Old 05-08-2012, 07:34 PM

By the way PMF you have been very nice and helpful. Thank you. You must be one of the only sane and intelligent people on here!

Old 05-09-2012, 10:34 AM

ok ... so you got opinions AND advice.... based on the facts presented in your op.... more facts can mean more tailored opinions and advice....

Old 05-09-2012, 10:55 AM

Go back and read what I have already said twice and you will find my answer. I am tired of this. Not worth any more of my time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs