Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 07:44 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,574,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Thank you all so much.

Yes. She had AIHA. Even with the transfusion, they feel she worsened from a blood clot.

Do you ever stop crying?
Very sorry for your sudden loss. Do you know what triggered her disease?
A recent vaccination (DHLPP)? There must be some sort of infection or vaccination trigger the immune system to attack her own blood cells.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 08:00 AM

3,748 posts, read 12,400,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
Very sorry for your sudden loss. Do you know what triggered her disease?
A recent vaccination (DHLPP)? There must be some sort of infection or vaccination trigger the immune system to attack her own blood cells.
I'm going to keep this as controlled as possible. I find it extremely offensive for you to suggest to a grieving person that they had something to do with the demise of their animal. I am politely asking you and your grandstand against vaccinations to move on. This thread is NOT the forum for your theories. It is tasteless and without class to impose on them at this time.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:14 AM

2,769 posts, read 404,593 times
I'm so sorry Stan. My thoughts are with you.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:33 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,013,815 times
Stan, I can't stop thinking about this. I know I expressed my condolences already but I wanted to tell you again how sorry I am about Rio.

I was thinking about how I'd feel if it were Artie's time and I, literally, burst into tears at the thought. As for healing time -- and when the tears will stop -- I know that I'll be a bed-ridden basket case when Artie goes. I don't know how long is "normal" or "typical" or "usual" and I don't think you need to worry about that anyway. Everyone grieves in their own way, at their own pace. It's never right or wrong. You do what you have to do to get over the hump of it. I doubt that it will ever go away completely -- how can it? -- but I also know that life will become normal again. It will be the "new normal" -- the normal without Rio in the flesh, but with Rio always in your memory and heart.

xoxo

Old 05-14-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Stan, I can't stop thinking about this. I know I expressed my condolences already but I wanted to tell you again how sorry I am about Rio.

I was thinking about how I'd feel if it were Artie's time and I, literally, burst into tears at the thought. As for healing time -- and when the tears will stop -- I know that I'll be a bed-ridden basket case when Artie goes. I don't know how long is "normal" or "typical" or "usual" and I don't think you need to worry about that anyway. Everyone grieves in their own way, at their own pace. It's never right or wrong. You do what you have to do to get over the hump of it. I doubt that it will ever go away completely -- how can it? -- but I also know that life will become normal again. It will be the "new normal" -- the normal without Rio in the flesh, but with Rio always in your memory and heart.

xoxo
Very well said D. Tried to rep you for your post but the rep fairy (again) needs to recharge my wand!

Remember - I'm just a plane flight away if you lost Artie and needed a friend to help you through. I could even provide you an assortment of furry love sponges to give you kisses & hugs.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:48 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,013,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
Very well said D. Tried to rep you for your post but the rep fairy (again) needs to recharge my wand!

Remember - I'm just a plane flight away if you lost Artie and needed a friend to help you through. I could even provide you an assortment of furry love sponges to give you kisses & hugs.
I swear to you that I was thinking about you, Cat, as I wrote what I wrote.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:51 AM

Oh and Stan, I forgot to mention...there is a forum under "Pets" catagory called "Rainbow Bridge". This is an area where you can write a tribute to Rio and tell us all about her. I've always found it makes me feel better to do this - I hope it helps you too. Feel free to attached pictures of her too. If you don't know the story of the term "Rainbow Bridge" here it is for you:

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE POEM

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Last edited by Va-Cat; 05-14-2012 at 08:59 AM..

Old 05-14-2012, 08:57 AM

399 posts, read 854,532 times
It was better for your pal to have lived and been loved than to never have lived at all. We treasure our animals more than a lot of other things in life and we have to remember just how well we treated them and how much they were loved. They know that. They feel that love every day. The last dog I lost I spent 3 hours in the parking lot where I worked and then finally had to go home. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:21 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,574,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
I'm going to keep this as controlled as possible. I find it extremely offensive for you to suggest to a grieving person that they had something to do with the demise of their animal. I am politely asking you and your grandstand against vaccinations to move on. This thread is NOT the forum for your theories. It is tasteless and without class to impose on them at this time.
I sincerely apologize to OP if my question has caused you more pain. I am sorry. Like everyone else said, pain will pass. For me, the pain to lose my GSD 3 yr ago has passed. The quest for answers and what to do for the next dog have been continuing.

To Vacat, I am sorry. As tastless and without class as you said, I did say infection too. Only infection of red blood cells or vaccination can cause such an attack.

Last edited by LingLing; 05-14-2012 at 10:44 AM..

Old 05-14-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
I sincerely apologize to OP if my question has caused you more pain. I am sorry. Like everyone else said, pain will pass. For me, the pain to lose my GSD 3 yr ago has passed. The quest for answers and what to do for the next dog have been continuing.

To Vacat, I am sorry. As tastless and without class as you said, I did say infection too. Only infection of red blood cells or vaccination can cause such an attack.
I appreciate that you apologized to the OP. I do feel that was appropiate and very respectful. However you continue to try and hijack this thread over to an issue that is controversal. This is not about you or your "quest for answers".

I will encourage you again to please start a new thread if you wish to debate the theories you appear to enspouse. Please stop trying to bring it here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs