Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 08:34 AM

3,738 posts, read 12,374,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaaayUpNorth View Post
A guy my husband works with has been hounding us to take his chihuahua. It is 2 years old and named Buster. Apparently, after getting him as a pup they decided they didn't like him and he was relegated to the garage. They kept him in a baby pen with food/water/bed and a litter box. I felt so bad we agreed to take him on a trial basis, and he agreed to take Buster back if it didn't work out.

Well Buster was a very sweet dog, good personality, very loving. However we have a great dane and Buster is a "teacup" chihuahua (much smaller than I orginally anticipated) and several times he got knocked over when Talon was trying to play or just walking by him. I thought it probably wouldn't be the best situation since he is so small and delicate.

So, my mom has been looking for a dog for a long time, since her 2 beloved pooches died last year. She said she would come take a look at Buster, and they took to each other right away. She loves chihuahuas and small lapdogs and I could tell he was melting her heart as she was holding him. So she brought her boyfriend back over that night, Buster was a little unsure of him at first but her boyfriend seemed excited about him and they said they would take him home and see how he did.

This was yesterday and last night I brought some of Busters things over to their house. They said Buster made himself at home right away and wasn't afraid or skittish at all. He was just being totally sweet. I could tell my mom was happy to have him, and I felt happy that I was able to find Buster a good home where he would be loved instead of shoved away in a pen in someone's garage.

A happy ending
Oh and pictures, please. You need to post a picture of Buster! We love pics! We need something to "ooh" and "ahh" over!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 10:48 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,568,661 times
What a wonderful story. Best wishes to your mom and her new friend. Happy Mother Day!!!

Old 05-14-2012, 02:25 PM

175 posts, read 589,087 times
So good to hear a happy ending.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:38 PM

17,330 posts, read 32,944,455 times
You're feeling very good... and you *should* be feeling very good. You did a fantastic thing for Buster and for your Mom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs