Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 12:01 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,253,590 times

Advertisements

On the flipside, the homeowner at the end of my block will stand menacingly with his arms crossed and follow my movements along the sidewalk as I walk past his house...very combative and a childish attempt at intimidation for a man in his 60s or 70s. I look him in the eye and don't break his stare...I won't be intimidated. My dog has never once pooped on his lawn, and if he did, I'd pick it up right in front of him. People need to get a life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 02:12 PM

28,840 posts, read 30,069,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
On the flipside, the homeowner at the end of my block will stand menacingly with his arms crossed and follow my movements along the sidewalk as I walk past his house...very combative and a childish attempt at intimidation for a man in his 60s or 70s. I look him in the eye and don't break his stare...I won't be intimidated. My dog has never once pooped on his lawn, and if he did, I'd pick it up right in front of him. People need to get a life.

I know this is wrong of him, but perhaps someones dog pooed in his yard, and he thinks it is yours, why don't you try and strike up a conversation with him and find out what gives...?

Old 05-31-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I know this is wrong of him, but perhaps someones dog pooed in his yard, and he thinks it is yours, why don't you try and strike up a conversation with him and find out what gives...?
Because his attempted intimidation techniques turn me off to striking up a conversation with him, quite frankly. I know nothing about him, and he gives every indication of being a bullying person. I don't necessarily feel safest approaching someone who maintains a hostile demeanor for a casual conversation.

I'm sure that someone's dog has pooed in his yard. It's happened to everyone. It's still inappropriate (as well as erroneous) to assume that it was mine. For the time being, I will continue to use the PUBLIC sidewalk, as is my right. My boyfriend will switch over to the other side of the street if he sees the guy out in his yard. I will not do that. Thankfully, everyone else on our block is very nice and friendly, and dog owners, to boot.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:42 PM

50,057 posts, read 46,562,994 times
Quote:
Because his attempted intimidation techniques turn me off to striking up a conversation with him, quite frankly. I know nothing about him, and he gives every indication of being a bullying person. I don't necessarily feel safest approaching someone who maintains a hostile demeanor for a casual conversation.

I'm sure that someone's dog has pooed in his yard. It's happened to everyone. It's still inappropriate (as well as erroneous) to assume that it was mine. For the time being, I will continue to use the PUBLIC sidewalk, as is my right. My boyfriend will switch over to the other side of the street if he sees the guy out in his yard. I will not do that. Thankfully, everyone else on our block is very nice and friendly, and dog owners, to boot.
You can thank the other pet owners for that and it sucks. The key is to not be near lots of renters if you can.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:01 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,341,232 times
Homeowners do the same thing. Don't kid yourself.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:45 AM

566 posts, read 1,101,763 times
I clean up after mine. It is a law where I live. I am going to be "BAD" neighbor and begin telling people to pick after theirs for it can be full of diseases.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:24 AM

28,840 posts, read 30,069,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellothereIN View Post
I clean up after mine. It is a law where I live. I am going to be "BAD" neighbor and begin telling people to pick after theirs for it can be full of diseases.

Do you remember "the invasion of the body snatchers?" Remember how they all made a loud noise and pointed at someone? That's what I keep thinking of....LOL, seriously, though, we need to talk up to these people, I mean really, why stay silent, if they have the nerve to do something so disgusting, then we should say something to them or report them...call the police, and find out who in your township handles this.

We lived in a common ground community...we had a huge grove, with oh, maybe 2 dozen picnic tables or more...there was an inn where you could cook, with two refigerators, and two stoves, plus inside seating for 50. Well the people who owned the home next to us, built a new home and moved out...when they lived there, they were good neighbors. The couple who they rented the home to, had two large long haired golden retrivers. They let those dogs run loose all winter...those dogs, all winter long, pooed in the grove...finally we called our community person who was in charge and he stopped by and handed them a fine. That didn't stop them, so the whole entire community, including the board of directors, got together and went to the hearing....when the couple walked in, they were shocked that the entire community was there. (Believe me, it takes a whole lot for an entire community to show up) they were really awful neighbors. Anyway, we even called the owners several times, and they didn't care about our community any longer, they didn't live there, but let me tell you, if it would have been them, they'd have been the first to complain.

My point is, as long as people get away with it, they're going to continue to do it....but if they are fined a few times, perhaps they'll change they're tune.

I cannot believe how many people there are in this country who care nothing about the welfare of others and possess not one thread of decency for the property of others...it is really perplexing.

so if it's a law, then remind them and if they don't then report them...

by the way, where the heck have you been? Miss you

Good for you!

Old 06-01-2012, 04:10 PM

9,352 posts, read 19,940,576 times
Quote:

his brother lives across the street and two houses down from me.....

Old 06-01-2012, 06:09 PM

53 posts, read 81,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You can thank the other pet owners for that and it sucks. The key is to not be near lots of renters if you can.

You know, you've mentioned renters twice now and I think it is quite a generalization. What does being a renter have anything to do with picking up dog poop? Absolutely nothing. You assume that what? All homeowners are responsible and/or respectable people? That would be ridiculous.

People rent for many reasons. My husband is in the military and we won't be here even 3 years, so of course we aren't going to buy a house. That doesn't mean that we leave our dog's stuff everywhere.

Maybe you shouldn't be so judgmental.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
Homeowners do the same thing. Don't kid yourself.
For real. Our block has no renters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs