Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 08:54 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,473,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Shouldn't this mean problem solved for you? The dog has been taken care of, or its been taken away.
Yeah, exactly...that is why I updated this morning that no howling has been heard. Guess I'm not doing anything about it at this point, thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think it's rather scary that everyone is concerned about that dog and not what the dog is howling about. The person in the house may have had a heart attack for all we know.

I would have rung the doorbell for sure if this is something out of the ordinary. You don't know your neighbors? Call the police. Tell them the dog is howling like crazy and this is not normal. They will call the contacts associated with the house and they will break in if necessary.
This has also crossed my mind. However as of this morning, the dog is no longer howling. My husband saw their kitchen light on last night as he let our dog out. So I wonder if someone came by to let him out. I've talked to my neighbor maybe once or twice, he's a real quiet guy that keeps to himself. He's probably in his mid-20s. If the dog is still howling in there when I get home I may call someone. It could be that their light is on a timer, just like ours is. So many circumstances to this also.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
leave a note on one or both doors telling you have heard the dog in misery nonstop and wondering if he is sick or needs care. if somebody is coming by they may be able to contact you and explain. could you let the dog out if need be? somebody may be in the hsopital, called away, who knows what?
This is a good idea, I will do that if I hear the dog again howling. I'm at work until 6, so unfortunately I can't really do anything about it now. Thank you

Old 05-21-2012, 09:06 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,015 times
Why not knock on their door and see if everyone (people and dog) is OK vs. asking people on the internet?

Old 05-21-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
Why not knock on their door and see if everyone (people and dog) is OK vs. asking people on the internet?
There is nobody home, I went over last night and checked the windows before knocking. Trust me, I've tried. Guess I forgot to mention that in my post. I didn't think it was a big deal to ask people on the internet. Seems that they left the dog alone in the house and they left. Both of their cars are gone. But last night my husband saw their kitchen light on, so it is probably a non-issue right now. Thanks though.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:53 AM

349 posts, read 616,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Call the Police & tell them whats going on they will do a Welfare Check to make sure everything is ok. Some one could be sick or dying or even dead!

Or maybe he's injured? Did you see him? Can he see you? Maybe he's scared that no one is home... ?

Old 05-21-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint It Pink View Post
Or maybe he's injured? Did you see him? Can he see you? Maybe he's scared that no one is home... ?
The dog isn't howling any longer, and their kitchen light was on late last night. I guess it is no longer a problem. But thank you for replying.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:05 PM

819 posts, read 3,207,912 times
Hopefully everything works out for them and nothing is wrong.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:48 PM

18,717 posts, read 33,380,506 times
Thanks to the OP for being aware of the dog's unusual behavior and checking up on the household. In my town, the police will go and check if unusual barking or something is reported, but I live in a small town where they will do stuff like that.

Old 05-21-2012, 05:40 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think it's rather scary that everyone is concerned about that dog and not what the dog is howling about. The person in the house may have had a heart attack for all we know.

I would have rung the doorbell for sure if this is something out of the ordinary. You don't know your neighbors? Call the police. Tell them the dog is howling like crazy and this is not normal. They will call the contacts associated with the house and they will break in if necessary.
Exactly. Maybe a knock on the door would be in order. Howling is a sign of mourning, like crying. I would be more worried now that the dog is silent....Poor dog. Hope everyone is ok. I'm probably more nosey than you....I would have been knocking on the door within a couple hours the first day....and would have called the cops or someone to do a wellness check on the residents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs