Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 08:18 PM

22,822 posts, read 6,432,246 times

Advertisements

I hope everything is okay over there, being the dog is all of a sudden silent....

Years ago we lived next door to a couple who took good care of their dog but when they were at work it was in the back yard (Southern California) and it would bark from the moment they pulled out of the driveway until they pulled back in later. Then it was quiet. Very annoying. Later we moved and I don't know if the dog kept that up. We told them but since they never heard the dog barking I don't think they believed it (we should have recorded it).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 12:11 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlecrazy View Post
There is nobody home, I went over last night and checked the windows before knocking. Trust me, I've tried. Guess I forgot to mention that in my post. I didn't think it was a big deal to ask people on the internet. Seems that they left the dog alone in the house and they left. Both of their cars are gone. But last night my husband saw their kitchen light on, so it is probably a non-issue right now. Thanks though.
There is nothing wrong with asking people on the Internet. But your post is a little confusing. You mentioned a young guy in his mid-20s and now it sounds like a couple lives there.

I would have knocked first before looking in windows.

And rather than leave a note go over and speak with them. People today have become so insular, you don't have to be friends, but let them know what occured, and perhaps get their phone number. Or a cell phone number.

It doesn't hurt to have people just look out for one another or have them keep an eye on each other houses if they're going to be away.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:19 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,473,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
There is nothing wrong with asking people on the Internet. But your post is a little confusing. You mentioned a young guy in his mid-20s and now it sounds like a couple lives there.

I would have knocked first before looking in windows.

And rather than leave a note go over and speak with them. People today have become so insular, you don't have to be friends, but let them know what occured, and perhaps get their phone number. Or a cell phone number.

It doesn't hurt to have people just look out for one another or have them keep an eye on each other houses if they're going to be away.

I also mentioned that he has a roommate...or maybe I did but deleted it because I didn't think these details were necessary. I was concerned about the dog, not who lives there. Anyway, he doesn't talk to many other neighbors and my last resort was to leave a note.

This is a non-issue now. Thanks for the reply. It has been worked out...I will update in a separate reply.

Last edited by beatlecrazy; 05-22-2012 at 08:27 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-22-2012, 08:25 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,473,081 times
Thanks everyone for the replies and suggestions. Turns out, they were supposed to have someone checking on the dog, and that person had forgotten all day Saturday and Sunday. I saw my neighbor out in his backyard with the pup last night and I talked to him briefly about it. He said he had no idea that this person "flaked out" but he was glad to be home again. He left plenty of food and water for the pup, but the dog did mess in the house, but he said it was an easy clean since they have hardwood floors.

I told him all that I said in my posts, and he said thanks for the concern. A different neighbor of ours (who I don't ever see) actually ended up calling him and informing him about the dog wailing like that, and he came home a couple hours later.

This is all resolved now, thanks guys.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:33 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Glad to hear, thanks for the update.

Old 05-09-2015, 05:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,475 times
My neighbor just got a puppy .she said it was taken early from its mom .she works and goes to school and the dog is on the patio crying and barking so loud it sounds likebits being beat i talked her she said would take dog in at night but this puppy is out side whining now .i told her dogs xan be house broken but she she dont have the time .this dog does not stop crying i cant take listening to it cry it makes me feel so sad and helpless i have two dogs .what can i do i dont want to hear him whibe day and night.

Old 05-09-2015, 11:59 AM

559 posts, read 1,355,896 times
Its your NEIGHBOR, call them, knock on the door, make sure someone isn't sick or hurt.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:01 AM

1 posts, read 1,140 times
Omg, my neighbors are so rude we live in two bedroom condos so we share a wall and might I add it's brick they call it a fire wall. We are a family of three my daughter her dad and myself and it's to small for us, they are two adult women one has twin that are 6 and the other has a son 8 and a daughter my daughters age 11. I feel super bad for the boy and girl I can here the mother screaming at them threw the wall and as a mother I would never scream at my daughter and say the things I hear sometimes my daughter will knock and ask her if she can come out to play and there hasn't been a time this girl is not grounded she says she's not aloud out of her room, by the way the twins are girls so all the girls share a room but the boys room is the walk in closet in the adults bedroom and our houses are the same I have the same closet and maybe if it was completely empty u could fit a twin bed and have just enough room to walk in to lay down and the door always has to be closed because like I said its in the adults room it's a closest and has no windows wtf... Ok here's my biggest problem I just wanted to give u an idea of how these people are. So they when the owner of the house first moved in it was just her and her twins and there old dog which I didn't even know they had. Then she got a girl friend and her and her to kids moved in and they wanted a puppy and it's a boxer/pit something like that the mom said it's the kind of dog she always wanted as a puppy when they were home it was outside because it didn't like the older dog the other women already had so it bark and cried and scratched at the door the whole time I even made a video and I told them u know he barks and cries all day and they said he's hyper and needs Xanax maybe........anyway by husband told me just let it go he's a puppy he'll get used to things it will stop, well it didn't so some time goes by and I go outside to get away from the barking and my neighbors are out there and the kids are playing with a puppy I asked who's that was, they said our new dog, wtf. Nicely I said its funny I actually come outside because your dog has not quit barking ,the other dog which is huge now I said why don't u have him out here to. They said because the big dog don't like the puppy, and this puppy is gonna be a big dog to. Anyway they work during the day I do not so now they have three dogs all in cages and they can only be out one at a time even when they are home because none of them get along so it's just barking and howling all day everyday when there home and definely when there not and when they do get home they take turns going outside where all they do is bark. I said u know your dogs don't get one barks and one howls and it doesn't stop I can here them over my tv, she said I've been home all day today so that's when I found out they can't be out of there cages at the same time. So now I only here them barking outside but when there not home I only here like whining sounds the sound a dog would make if they couldn't open there mouth much so I don't know if they put muzzles on em or what and if that wasn't enough to drive me crazy they make the 11 year girl walk these big ass dogs in this big open yard behind our fenced in area where the kids run around and play and she's 11 so she don't know to she has to clean up when he goes but her mother should so when I walk my dog which is a shizu she's a spoiled lap dog never barks she actual will sit and stare at the brick wall with her head tilted and one ear up like she's confused to why our wall barks or something anyway when I see them out there I'll go out with my dog and not only am I cleaning up when she goes I'm cleaning up to other giant dogs crap. I try and make it like I don't know it's them hint hint, and I'll say people are so rude our kids play there and they don't clean up there dogs crap, because if and when the kids are aloud out that's the only place there aloud to play so u would think they wouldn't want there children running in the house with dog crap on there shoes. I've been nice and putting up with this for over a year now they once told me that when my back door closes its really loud so lately when there home and the I can here the dogs I'll open and shut the door like ten times. Any advise because I'm about to really let them know what I think. I almost think I should call someone but I don't know who they got kids living in closest and three dogs always in cages why get a dog if ur never home or don't get along with the other pets. Like I said my family of three and we have a little dog I feel cramped there a family of 6 plus three big dogs in a two bedroom condo doesn't seem right and that little girl my daughter is friends with is the quietest and saddest looking little girl and she don't even speak when her moms around and I've seen what happens when she does I feel so bad for her. I don't wanna have a problem or get in a fight with the people I live next to I've lived here for 15 years the owner moved in like 3 years ago but the girlfriend and her kids come a year after that and I don't know how long there staying and I don't have plans to move any time soon and I have to share a garage and patio with these people so if anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful. Sorry I didn't mean to write a book but these people just get me going...

Old 06-01-2016, 08:13 AM

6,966 posts, read 4,809,652 times
oops duplicate post

Old 06-01-2016, 08:15 AM

6,966 posts, read 4,809,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jall6022 View Post
Omg, my neighbors are so rude we live in two bedroom condos so we share a wall and might I add it's brick they call it a fire wall. We are a family of three my daughter her dad and myself and it's to small for us, they are two adult women one has twin that are 6 and the other has a son 8 and a daughter my daughters age 11. I feel super bad for the boy and girl I can here the mother screaming at them threw the wall and as a mother I would never scream at my daughter and say the things I hear sometimes my daughter will knock and ask her if she can come out to play and there hasn't been a time this girl is not grounded she says she's not aloud out of her room, by the way the twins are girls so all the girls share a room but the boys room is the walk in closet in the adults bedroom and our houses are the same I have the same closet and maybe if it was completely empty u could fit a twin bed and have just enough room to walk in to lay down and the door always has to be closed because like I said its in the adults room it's a closest and has no windows wtf... Ok here's my biggest problem I just wanted to give u an idea of how these people are. So they when the owner of the house first moved in it was just her and her twins and there old dog which I didn't even know they had. Then she got a girl friend and her and her to kids moved in and they wanted a puppy and it's a boxer/pit something like that the mom said it's the kind of dog she always wanted as a puppy when they were home it was outside because it didn't like the older dog the other women already had so it bark and cried and scratched at the door the whole time I even made a video and I told them u know he barks and cries all day and they said he's hyper and needs Xanax maybe........anyway by husband told me just let it go he's a puppy he'll get used to things it will stop, well it didn't so some time goes by and I go outside to get away from the barking and my neighbors are out there and the kids are playing with a puppy I asked who's that was, they said our new dog, wtf. Nicely I said its funny I actually come outside because your dog has not quit barking ,the other dog which is huge now I said why don't u have him out here to. They said because the big dog don't like the puppy, and this puppy is gonna be a big dog to. Anyway they work during the day I do not so now they have three dogs all in cages and they can only be out one at a time even when they are home because none of them get along so it's just barking and howling all day everyday when there home and definely when there not and when they do get home they take turns going outside where all they do is bark. I said u know your dogs don't get one barks and one howls and it doesn't stop I can here them over my tv, she said I've been home all day today so that's when I found out they can't be out of there cages at the same time. So now I only here them barking outside but when there not home I only here like whining sounds the sound a dog would make if they couldn't open there mouth much so I don't know if they put muzzles on em or what and if that wasn't enough to drive me crazy they make the 11 year girl walk these big ass dogs in this big open yard behind our fenced in area where the kids run around and play and she's 11 so she don't know to she has to clean up when he goes but her mother should so when I walk my dog which is a shizu she's a spoiled lap dog never barks she actual will sit and stare at the brick wall with her head tilted and one ear up like she's confused to why our wall barks or something anyway when I see them out there I'll go out with my dog and not only am I cleaning up when she goes I'm cleaning up to other giant dogs crap. I try and make it like I don't know it's them hint hint, and I'll say people are so rude our kids play there and they don't clean up there dogs crap, because if and when the kids are aloud out that's the only place there aloud to play so u would think they wouldn't want there children running in the house with dog crap on there shoes. I've been nice and putting up with this for over a year now they once told me that when my back door closes its really loud so lately when there home and the I can here the dogs I'll open and shut the door like ten times. Any advise because I'm about to really let them know what I think. I almost think I should call someone but I don't know who they got kids living in closest and three dogs always in cages why get a dog if ur never home or don't get along with the other pets. Like I said my family of three and we have a little dog I feel cramped there a family of 6 plus three big dogs in a two bedroom condo doesn't seem right and that little girl my daughter is friends with is the quietest and saddest looking little girl and she don't even speak when her moms around and I've seen what happens when she does I feel so bad for her. I don't wanna have a problem or get in a fight with the people I live next to I've lived here for 15 years the owner moved in like 3 years ago but the girlfriend and her kids come a year after that and I don't know how long there staying and I don't have plans to move any time soon and I have to share a garage and patio with these people so if anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful. Sorry I didn't mean to write a book but these people just get me going...
You might try separating this into paragraphs so someone can read it? I sure can't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs