Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 08:33 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,126,531 times

Advertisements

Will the human society, or a poodle rescue help you w/ the medical costs?? I feel for you, good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 09:11 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,804,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftybergin View Post
I'm the one who posted that I would beg from my friends if I had to, and I mean that. I would. But I can't fault at all the sensibleness of your comment here and the others who suggested surrender to a rescue organization. The larger point I'd been trying to make in my post was that I CERTAINLY would not euthanize a dog over a broken leg simply because I didn't have the wherewithal to pay for the medical care the dog needed. That seems inhumane. There have to be alternatives to killing the animal.
I agree... and many people these days are living paycheck-to-paycheck (especially around here with our ridiculous COL), but that doesn't mean you can't pool ALL your resources to help a beloved pet. I'm not exactly rolling in dough myself, but I'd literally sell everything before giving up my dog or cats. Luckily I have a supportive family with the means to help in times of need, but even if I didn't, you'd have to pry those animals from my cold dead hands.

The dog is 10 years old, so we have no idea what their financial situation was when they got the dog - and as with human children, you don't just give up on them when times are rough. You do what you have to do, and surrendering or euthanizing should be a last resort if that.

Quote:
No hissing and spitting about your sensible comments up above, but this last bit just seems snide. On the other hand, sure OP...post your vet's address. I'll be happy send $20 to them to contribute to your dog's medical bills.
Yes, I agree that was a bit snide. But even in my own tight financial situation, I'd happily contribute to this dog's care if the OP gave us that option... although as somebody pointed out already, they were clearly a "fly-by" poster.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:16 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,804,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
X-Ray makes it seem real.... I still trying to figure out how she posted the X-Ray.
Many doctors (and vets, apparently) can put images on CD/DVD these days... my sister even had a 3D DVD of her babies' ultrasounds! Pretty cool, huh?

Old 06-02-2012, 12:00 AM

13,915 posts, read 39,163,150 times
Yes I can see her using CD to post the XRay. Perhaps she got it to take to her reg vet? Do hope so & Hope they can work out away to fix the dogs leg!

Old 06-02-2012, 08:55 PM

7,965 posts, read 12,657,740 times
I sell what I had to keep an otherwise healthy member of my family alive. I have an old Beagle dog that is 19 years old, if he were in the same position your dog was in I think he would be put down. (He IS 19 years old after all and the chances of him healing are not good) On the other hand if my five year old healthy lab/cattle dog mix broke her leg I would start selling things to get her better. Put her down? Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs