Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 05:12 PM

692 posts, read 3,853,708 times

Advertisements

I am trying to set up a raffle for the rescue I work with. We will have all sorts of pet products and even dog clothing sewn by yours truly. I'm not sure what all will be included, but so far I have been just thinking of ideas.

Bandanas
ferret bedding set(s)
dog hoodie(s)
dog material harness
Dog shirt
treats; dog, cat, ferret, small animal
brushes
toys
Leashes and Collars
Shampoos for humans and animals
Groomer and or Training gift certificates (?)

that is only animal stuff and I have really been trying to figure out some stuff people will actually want. I don't want to spend a whole lot of money out of my pocket; since this will all being to my rescue I don't mind spending a little more, but I can't afford to spend a bunch.

My questions for you are:
What would you like to see in the raffle?
Do you think you'd buy a ticket?

The tickets will be something like $1 for one ticket and $5 for six tickets. We also have a stained glass piece that may go into the raffle, but who ever wins it would have to pay for shipping. How ever much that maybe because it could be up to $40. It's a pretty large piece, but worth it in my opinion. It's made by my mother so

Are rescue is located at: A Different Breed Animal Rescue Home Page

We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and have lots of vet bills to pay. We have many more dogs that aren't up on the site yet and have new dogs every week.

I look forward to everyones replies!!

Merrit

Last edited by TeddieXRuxpin; 09-22-2007 at 05:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2007, 05:28 PM

13,920 posts, read 39,222,049 times
No live Animals!!

Old 09-22-2007, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
No live Animals!!
I really do hope that was a joke

Old 09-22-2007, 06:16 PM

No I have been to raffles where they included animals. Don't tell me you were thinking of doing that...

Old 09-22-2007, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
No I have been to raffles where they included animals. Don't tell me you were thinking of doing that...
No. No animals will be in my raffle. I personally think that's just wrong. You don't just raffle off an animal.

Old 09-22-2007, 06:57 PM

Charles Town race track raffeled a horse. At one of the livestock actions they raffled dogs, cats & at least 1 time a horse. These were done with no idea what the people will do with the animals. I know for a fact some of these animals got rotten homes.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:27 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,165,586 times
Yes, I would definitely buy a ticket! I think all of the items sound good, but I really like the Groomer and or Training gift certificates, Dog shirts and dog hoodies! I can't think of anything to suggest right now. What about t-shirts for people? I love APBT t-shirts! I don't know how you would do that though, you can't really have breed specific shirts, can you? I don't know, I'll think about it and ask my husband and I'll let you know if we think of something! Good luck with everything!

Old 09-22-2007, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
Yes, I would definitely buy a ticket! I think all of the items sound good, but I really like the Groomer and or Training gift certificates, Dog shirts and dog hoodies! I can't think of anything to suggest right now. What about t-shirts for people? I love APBT t-shirts! I don't know how you would do that though, you can't really have breed specific shirts, can you? I don't know, I'll think about it and ask my husband and I'll let you know if we think of something! Good luck with everything!
Thanks

The grooming stuff I'm not sure if I'll be able to do because I would have to get them to donate it. With my pet shops around they are pretty suckish lol. I'll see and make some calls. Right now I'm setting up a site to sell dog clothes and such. I want to see if I can start making costom orders.

I'll also have to see about bigger dog clothes. Since most of my stuff is for small and medium size dogs

That would be great if you could think of anything else.

Last edited by TeddieXRuxpin; 09-22-2007 at 09:19 PM..

Old 09-22-2007, 09:20 PM

Here is the link to my site. I'm still messing around and there isn't much on it, but it's getting there.
Teddie Ruxpin Clothing |

Old 09-22-2007, 09:34 PM

1,587 posts, read 7,518,328 times
Shipping could cost alot depends on where goes..Maybe gift certificates from your site so make money both ways. Maybe have winners send a pic to make a iron on thing for these hoodies and things so they are more personal.
Unsure fund raisers can be a pain I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs