U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 03:27 PM

212 posts, read 552,673 times

Advertisements

thank you for all the suggestions .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2012, 03:45 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,194,689 times
I do not own Shih tzus but for years I have owned 2 or 3 dogs at a time. I like owning more then one dog as I work 3- 12 hr shifts a week and while I am at work they have each other. My dogs have always sort of jocked for the position to be the one right by me. If I brush or pet one you can bet the other will come over and slide between us. On walks they will keep switching who is walking right next to me so it is pretty common in multi dog houses.

I can tell you mine enjoy being with each other. I love to do what I call obedience drills where I ask them to do something ( trick or obedience command)and the first one that does gets the treat..it really makes them learn to respond to commands fast of course mine do not have food aggression issues. When I adpoted the deaf vision limited Phoenix. she actually learned to do tricks by watching Jazz and Dash when I did the drills. She picked up on my hand signals and pretty soon was right there in the competition. Being she was handicapped she was rarely as fast as the other two so I will admit I often gave her a treat just so she knew she did right But the other two had to play by the be first rules!

So I would let your dog help pick put the 2nd one and things should go well. I do have a coworker with a 5 yr old Shih Tzu and she often babysits a 2nd one and her dog loves having a buddy to hang out with.

Old 05-15-2016, 07:35 PM

1 posts, read 159 times
I have2 Dog 1 is miniature doberman 4yrs old and a shih tzu 2yrs old I just got a puppy 6 weeks and the shih tzu is jealous and will not look at the puppy will not walk by the puppy she is so mad at me I hear it goes away after3 or 4 week make cause it's so little I love my dogs I show her even more attention now I just don't know help I feel so bad I can give him away I paid 350 so.Ebony tell me what to do
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or