Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 12:51 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
It would only be constructive it were put in the right context.
The way most have expressed it, it sounds more like a "don't get another dog because you are too stupid to have one."
I, and I am sure the OP feel the same way regarding those comments.
It would have been a lot more constructive if one stated," I don't think you should consider getting another dog until you have researched the proper care and ownership of dogs".
"Online is a great place to find information".
"There are many resources out there that can offer valuable information to those who have never owned a pet before".
Now, THAT is being constructive.
Class dismissed.
Bob.
Oh, please. He couldn't find the nearest emergency vet clinic, which he could have found online. What makes you think he could find about about the proper care and feeding of a dog online?

"Class dismissed" - how utterly pompous. What gives you the right to lecture people that are pointing out the obvious?

Old 07-11-2012, 12:58 PM

936 posts, read 2,068,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Oh, please. He couldn't find the nearest emergency vet clinic, which he could have found online. What makes you think he could find about about the proper care and feeding of a dog online?

"Class dismissed" - how utterly pompous. What gives you the right to lecture people that are pointing out the obvious?
on that note: one would think that a good first step in getting a dog as a pet would be to find/locate/research a nearby Vet. What if his forthcoming baby gets sick/injured? is he going to go to work and leave it to suffer because he is new to the town and not sure where the nearest Doctor's office/ER is?

Old 07-11-2012, 12:58 PM

819 posts, read 3,207,280 times
I didn't read all the responses. But holy hell. You ran over your dog and left his body there and went to work???? If that happened to me, I would be hysterical and in no condition to go to work. Your first instinct should have been getting him to the vet asap. Let them pronouce him.
And not to mention, that you left him outside all the time? Wow. Like the other poster said, do not get another dog.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:00 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,964,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post

There are ways to point out the obvious without degrading someone.
Instead of being so pompous yourself, why not consider what it would be like to walk in his shoes for a little while.
That just might take you down a peg or two.
Bob.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:15 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
The dog died in pain frightened and alone.

If there is a rainbow in this I do not see it.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:24 PM

25 posts, read 40,967 times
I cannot imagine how much pain that poor animal was in...and to just drive away...

...the idea of it all...literally makes me want to vomit.

I agree with those who have cautioned you to not get another animal. Just Don't.

That's all the constructive advice I could possible give.

Honestly...your first post OP...was excruciatingly painful to even read in the first place.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:13 PM

27 posts, read 48,417 times
OKAY AND ENOUGH ALREADY!!
I know...I, too, was appalled, astonished. I am an animal lover, too, with several pets. When I read the OP, I was horrified & still am. BUT, we professed animal lovers have the capacity to display compassion EVEN toward those that have shown little. We are not getting anywhere. Let us learn from this, talk about this to those we want to educate and influence. One can only imagine the tremendous guilt the OP ALREADY FEELS without the rest of us helping. We ALL have situations we wish we could have handled differently. Let us now be consoling, and supportive. The OP is hurting, let us not throw salt on his wounds.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:05 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,673,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
There are ways to point out the obvious without degrading someone.
Instead of being so pompous yourself, why not consider what it would be like to walk in his shoes for a little while.
That just might take you down a peg or two.
Bob.
Because some of us wouldn't have been so cold and leave the poor suffering dog in the street while I just went off to work. That is the part you seem to be overlooking. We all have had tragic events that occur at our hands but the judgement of being a compassionate and forgivness deserving person is how we react when it happens, so far I can;t find any socially redeaming value to heading off to work while a pet is dead or dying at my hands... No my friend, I WILL NOT NOW OR EVERY WALK A MILE IN THOSE BLOOD STAIN SHOES! I have the greatest compassion for people facing these situation and I know not to rush to judgement on such things based on an initial unbalanced emotional reaction, however so far the OP has provided no compeling reason why action wasn't taken instead of heading to work.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animallover9 View Post
OKAY AND ENOUGH ALREADY!!
I know...I, too, was appalled, astonished. I am an animal lover, too, with several pets. When I read the OP, I was horrified & still am. BUT, we professed animal lovers have the capacity to display compassion EVEN toward those that have shown little. We are not getting anywhere. Let us learn from this, talk about this to those we want to educate and influence. One can only imagine the tremendous guilt the OP ALREADY FEELS without the rest of us helping. We ALL have situations we wish we could have handled differently. Let us now be consoling, and supportive. The OP is hurting, let us not throw salt on his wounds.

As comforting as your words are, they mean absolutely nothing when vultures are feeding, and in this thread they are lined up at the feeding troth, hot, and heavy.
Bob.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:36 PM

I am only going to make one more comment on this terrible tragedy, and move on, that is unless one more of you feel compelled to continue feeding on this man's unfortunate accident.
It was an accident.
The man examined the dog, and for all intent and purpose, the dog appeared dead.
With no obvious breathing, and no motion, any one would have come to the same conclusion.
At that point he had a couple of options.
He could have called work, explained the situation, and asked for the day off, he could have ignored work completely, and did one or two things, that being, take his (what appeared to be, dead dog) to a vet, for what reason?, or third, he could have buried the animal instead of going to work.
None of us except the OP know his situation at work, and it is possible his presence at work is paramount to the company.
We don't know that it isn't.
Most of us would have probably said "screw work," "I need to get help", but for reasons we are not privy too that didn't happen.
This BS of "please don't get another dog", "you should never have another dog", does not reflect well on you who are supposed to be loving and caring people.
Sure, you perhaps show those qualities to your pets, but what about a fellow human being who has just gone through a terrible time none of us would want to experience?
I say SHAME ON ALL OF YOU, and you owe this man a giant apology.
But for the grace of God, it could have been you
Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs