U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 01:09 AM

8,254 posts, read 17,209,892 times

Advertisements

My dogs dont but my son does! We can go shopping in any other store he ignores most everything...go into PeSmart hes playing with the toys tapping on the cages! Birds/Fish/Cats etc! Being a real Pain!!! UGH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 08:11 AM

8,310 posts, read 21,797,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
I am curious did she learn in obedience to sit in front of people to greet them? Chaos learned that in puppy class so now at the dog park if she so much as thinks someone has a teat in their pocket she races up to them and sits in front of them looking at them. Ever the hopeful little piggy!
Having a teat in one's pocket would be pretty creepy. That's sort of in the "Buffalo Bill" range...

Old 07-18-2012, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Hmmm, I need to examine that....
I don't take my dog into Petsmart any more. People keep giving him food and getting him riled up, I get uncomfortable or angry and the dog falls apart. I think the dog feeds on whatever is going on with me when we go into that place.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:20 AM

2,682 posts, read 1,812,914 times
My dog shops at Neiman Marcus.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:07 AM

2,117 posts, read 2,533,116 times
Those stores are a bit like Disneyland for the furry ones.

I think Petco is even more stimulating because of that salad bar of dog treats that's up at the front of the store.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:13 AM

6,165 posts, read 9,364,553 times
funny you mention that cittic10, my dogs wont touch petco treats (good job realy because there loaded with wheet, corn and soy and ive got allergy prone dogs lol)

as for the treats in the pockets thing..well call ME creepy...
YEARS of workign with animals in many situations led to the habit of me keeping treats on my person at any given time...(usually in baggies in my pocket) and my years working in a shelter also prompted the never fail habit of keeping extra leashes blaknets a few boxes and bottled water in the car, just incase i see a stray or that random "box o' kittens" ect...

just seems "normal" to me...

Old 07-18-2012, 09:49 AM

6,794 posts, read 8,828,494 times
When the person said "creepy," they meant "teats" in one's pockets, not treats! Someone else had made a typo. And yes, carrying a "teat" in one's pocket would be somewhat creepy.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:53 AM

3,159 posts, read 3,465,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
I am curious did she learn in obedience to sit in front of people to greet them? Chaos learned that in puppy class so now at the dog park if she so much as thinks someone has a teat in their pocket she races up to them and sits in front of them looking at them. Ever the hopeful little piggy!
She did! Nora does the same thing. She seriously looks confused when they don't have one. She did it to a neighbor yesterday too, it was hysterical.

On another note - she got some counter treats at Petco the other day and I think she was allergic. Oh the butt licking. Went to the vet yesterday. I may bring my own treats and ask the person at the counter to give it to her...

Old 07-18-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
When the person said "creepy," they meant "teats" in one's pockets, not treats! Someone else had made a typo. And yes, carrying a "teat" in one's pocket would be somewhat creepy.

Yes, yes, a fun play on a typographical error (or so I thought)...

Old 07-18-2012, 12:54 PM

13,674 posts, read 8,247,253 times
My Mickey won't take the treat the cashier offers him! He just wants to get the heck out! They hand it to me for "after".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs