Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 05:28 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,851,089 times

Advertisements

that could be it, dogs are odd creaturesin the way they associate certain thigns...for example even though it was the owl that scared him...for him it was a much more generalized assosiation of "outside"

sounds like your making progress quickly though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 05:41 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,673,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
that could be it, dogs are odd creaturesin the way they associate certain thigns...for example even though it was the owl that scared him...for him it was a much more generalized assosiation of "outside"

sounds like your making progress quickly though
It can't be the owl because the husband mowed the lawn, remember?

(i think the owl not only saw the dog and the dog saw it but at some point that owl decided to let the dog know who is master, kinda like that other thread awhile back with the owl who decided the dog was some throw rug to decorate the nest and the yard was the flea market)

Old 07-17-2012, 05:45 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
My big (65 pound) collie started peeing on the concrete as a preferred place to pee for a long time. We had to chase her out onto the grass.

Even when she kind of stopped, she would stand on the concrete and hang her ass over into the grass to go.

Strangely, she'd still poop in the grass.

The other 3 dogs had no problem in the grass whatsoever.

I stopped trying to understand dogs a long time ago.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:57 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,754,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
It can't be the owl because the husband mowed the lawn, remember?

(i think the owl not only saw the dog and the dog saw it but at some point that owl decided to let the dog know who is master, kinda like that other thread awhile back with the owl who decided the dog was some throw rug to decorate the nest and the yard was the flea market)
There is absolutely no need to be snarky - its just plain rude. My husband mowed and didnt see anything immediately in harms way of the dog to be causing any issue. An owl would not hide out in the grass during the day. Snakes could be an issue, sure, same with spiders, but for the 2 years we've lived here i have yet to see anything dangerous out and around our house and we are outside a lot.

In the 2 years we've lived in this house, that was the first and ONLY time i've ever seen an owl.. or atleast i assume it was an owl. It was dark and it seemed brownish in color. If it was an owl, it would have been a small screech owl from my best guess in both sound and quick view i got of it when it passed by the back porch light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs