Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 09:14 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,852,904 times

Advertisements

wont be doing hips or elbows or knees untill hes 2 yrs old, since theyd have to be done again at 2 yrs old and i cant afford to have them done twice.
pen and ofa are pointless before 2 yrs...unless theres some serious degenerative issues, there not going to even remotly stat showing up untill the 20-24 month mark...hes not even a year yet. lol.

Dozers not too bad in terms of energy in the house...so i think leashed potty breaks (if i can get himto go potty on leash lol) should take care of too many worries. going to pick up some tighty witeys to prevent chewing because dozer in a cone would just be dangerous LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 02:31 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,279,249 times
Sooo how are they doing?

Old 08-03-2012, 02:52 PM

they dont go in untill Tuesday (8/7)
cant wait to get it over with :P

Old 08-03-2012, 04:38 PM

Aawwww ok!

Old 08-03-2012, 05:49 PM

i know they wll both do fine...but time is dragging now...
got the confirmation call today to remind me "nothign to eat or drink after midnight" to which my respoince was thats no problem..we are all fast asleep by 10:30pm LOL.
though i do have to remmeber to make sure to take up all traces of cat food before bed lol.

i think ILL have a harder time than they will :P
my newest concern is how to get a 75lb mastif still half doped up on anesthesia into the back of my 2 door vehicle LMAO

Old 08-04-2012, 12:46 AM

I had to carry my collie 80# to my truck & hoist him onto the back seat [double cab] Back in my Healthy days LOL I had Kevin carry Katie when she was spayed 5 yrs ago she was only 30# Tho I had to pay for his back to be adjusted the next day! Perhaps the vet or the techs can help you get him in the car ... and a neighbor/friend to get him out & inside?

Old 08-04-2012, 06:56 AM

no local freinds, and i wouldnt trust the neighbor., its a 2 hour drive home so im sure by the time we get home hell be movable under his own power, i can lift him...just the technicalities of single door, puling seat forward kind of entry...at worse ill put the top down and hoist him over the side the good news is hes generally very co-operative about me lifting him, so half doped up shoudl make that aspect even easier, but hes still a big boy, and its definatly an arkward vehicle for even able bodied humans to get into the back seat...
(though extremly suprisigly roomy back there...once you get in...you can fit 3 large adults in the back seat of a sebring WITH legroom to spare lol.)

Old 08-07-2012, 07:40 PM

UPDATE!! How are they doing?

Old 08-07-2012, 08:33 PM

well things whent well, both wilow and dozer camethrough fine...
as i suspected...willow, the female cat, you know the one who got the MUCH more invasive surgery is doing perfectly fine, she ate, used the litterbox, came over for fusses and other than being sleepy...
Dozer however is making sure i know hes "in pain" and that i NEED to feel sorry for him lol...
he will lay there and cry and if i don tpay any attention to him hell get up walk to a new spot lay down with a HUGE sigh lol.
definatly "drama queen" behaviour.
they both got an injectable painkiller after the procedure thats supposedly SHOULD be enough to keep them comfortable...but hes being a whiney boy about it...
i kNOW hes tender, but theres nothing i can do about it, cant give him anything for the pain (because of the pain killer hes already been given) but i also know hes being a drama queen lol.

thankfully so far hes not shown any interest in messing with the wound...they used surgical glue (which i MUCH MUCH MUCH prefer!) hes not got a tattoo so hes definatly "my kid" lol, willow also has one ) they did their nails and checked for fleas ticks and earmites too (all clear ) i mentioned having issues with frontline so i switched to advantage and even they agreed, frontline is "useless" as the tech put it.

everyone LOVED dozer and commented on how sweet willow is...
aparently even as he was JUST waking form anesthesia he was trying to give everyone kisses LOL, hes such a mushy.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:37 PM

Did you have any trouble getting him in/out of the car? Glad they are ok!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs